clements & fletcher to skins???

loyal2dagame

The Washington Post reports that the Redskins are expected to target Buffalo Bills linebacker London Fletcher-Baker and cornerback Nate Clements in free agency, according to multiple league sources who have spoken with team officials.

more big market movement rumors for nate. this is also one of the few teams i've read about that may be interested in london.

This part of why I beginning to think it is more likely that F-B is the guy who gets tagged. If not it simply creates a question of who we line up at MLB next year and as the best bet on our roster right now is moving Crowell and having a rookie fill that spot runs the risk that even a lofty #12 choice ends up producing like 4 of the 5 2002 NFL picks in a draft considered bereft of top 10 level picks at LB, it is really clear now that a lot of our strategy revolves around what we do at MLB.

if fletcher does leave(and it appears there is a slim to none chance he stays) and we draft a lb in the first round, i think the writing would be on the wall for a spikes departure after next season. crowell and ellison did good to great jobs this past year, and if we end up with that beast of a linebacker (his name slipped my mind) in the first round, spikes salary and health make him very expendable

if fletcher does leave(and it appears there is a slim to none chance he stays) and we draft a lb in the first round, i think the writing would be on the wall for a spikes departure after next season. crowell and ellison did good to great jobs this past year, and if we end up with that beast of a linebacker (his name slipped my mind) in the first round, spikes salary and health make him very expendable

Lawrence Timmons, Florida State?...I'd take him, don't let me hear you say Posluzny, I might throw up. Kid is trash, at least at our #12 spot.

patrick willis(boy did i have a brain fart)

i've seen some draft boards with pw falling to 13 or 14.

if we get our hands on him, there would be no appearant need for fletcher- or spikes for that matter besides the expierance they bring to the table

Skins are in salar cap hell right now.......if they signed either one they will be in trouble. Have they not learned big names and contracts dont get it done! Skins are an NFC pro bowl team basically....and they suck

They do suck!!!!

And the best thing about it is former wonder boy Gregg Williams' defense finished 31st in the league.(second last!!!!)

Snyder deserves having this genius work for him.

I hope he thinks he is getting his moneys worth!

I bet Snyder does it also just to p--- off Ralph. Then he gets to hear Ralph say again how unfair it is for the small market teams. Ralph is great, but he and all of this whining makes the team and area look bad. It is bad for the area and morale of team/city/fans to keep saying that the team just can't make it anymore. I know there is very little pricing power here but they do have a HUGE advantage--they don't pay for a stadium, the county does and they have NO debt service on the team at all. Granted, with that they likely pull in a profit of maybe $10M, but they are not as poor as he constantly makes it seem.

The Redskins can pay 70M for Clements and we'll see how he does as an average CB once he gets paid big bucks. Not as much incentive after a big pay day--especially with a 20M signing bonus.

Okay here's the plan...

We get even with Washington and get one BIG need filled (costly) Gaurd Derrick Dockery!

other FA...Kelley Washington

That means we draft..

1. Okoye at DT

2. AAron Ross of Texas at CB

3. Zak DeOssie of Brown at ILB

Getting Dockery will solidify our offensive line and screw Washington at the same time!

Fletcher fits the Skins D anyway. For one hes over 30, second I think thats where most of our used trash goes, um for example Posey, Vincent.....

Prioleu, Greg Williams, Jerry Gray.....

Also, I heard that Gibbs wants to hire a GM to assist him with the cap and free agency.......Hello Tom Donahoe, are you still available :worthy: