Now, if you want infuriating media tactics

Un-effing real.

Today's New York Post's page 2 headline is:

"Bill Snares Osama Guy" -- first sentence: "Former President Bill Clinton helped his wife, Hillary, secrue a key endorsement from an African-American leader who was being courted by Illinois Sen. Barack OBAMA."

:blink::wallbash:

I'm not laughing at the content of the story. I'm laughing at the Post. What a useless fish-wrap...

:blink::wallbash:

I'm not laughing at the content of the story. I'm laughing at the Post. What a useless fish-wrap...

It says more about the people who would read it (because it costs a quarter) then it does about the paper, I'll have to buy that. It's good for washing windows and studying bad examples of Photoshop design, and not much else.

Yet, as Tom Wolfe correctly observed, if there's a NYT or NYP lying freely on a subway seat (or other places), most people will gravitate to the Post.

That's because the Times' motto may as well be "We're better than you," and as I know firsthand, no one likes an elitist.

But the Post, on the other hand, may as well have the motto "You're better than us," and while no one likes an elitist, everyone wants to be one.

That's because the Times' motto may as well be "We're better than you," and as I know firsthand, no one likes an elitist.

But the Post, on the other hand, may as well have the motto "You're better than us," and while no one likes an elitist, everyone wants to be one.

Okay, thats WAY too deep for my own good. Youre scaring me now.

On the topic at hand, the Post is mostly a fish wrap, yes. But as others have stated, they "know" it. Its the "honesty" thing that makes the paper appealing.

Okay, thats WAY too deep for my own good. Youre scaring me now.

On the topic at hand, the Post is mostly a fish wrap, yes. But as others have stated, they "know" it. Its the "honesty" thing that makes the paper appealing.

Good point. They're like the frigging Guradian, only they don't take themselves seriously.