Interesting or funny bar names...

Phlegm Alley

from esquire.

BTW Ned, do you live on the hill? If so, is there still a place open across the street the from the Eastern Market by the name of Tunnicliffs. Spent many a night closing that place down from bout 87-94. If so, do you go in?

Tunnicliff's is still there I believe...the Eastern Market area has really built up the last several years...lots of new bars, restaurants, etc.

There is a bar in Bellmore, Long Island, changed names numerous times, the last owner had named it after his dad, so the monograms on the awning and windows were "BC". The place has always lost money so the bartender who had been running the place for the last few years bought it. He never bothered to change the monograms, just the name of the bar...The Bearded Clam, I think they sell more t shirts than draft beers.

In Rochester there was a place called "The Office" which was a nice name...I'm going to spend a few more hours at the office....where were you last night...got stuck at the office.

Was that the one accross Kodak Park on Dewey Avenue...just down a bit form the California Brew House? If so, I think I remember the joint being called "My Office." But the same jokes apply! :wallbash:

Douobt if your old enough to remember the Roxbury Inn...

I remember the Rox fondly...their big special was a "Bucket of Rox," six Rolling Rock splits...for some ungodly price like $1.50.

The Rox was always THE place for last call...EVERY night of the week. Good pool table too.