Equal distance from your place. Where would you rather go?

HelloNewman

Interesting tid bit. Did you guys know Wal Mart is the largest grocery store in the world? They only got into the grocery business about 10 years ago with their super wal-marts, and have eclipsed every single long-established grocery chain in the world.

Target is cleaner with better service and better quality stuff. But if I want something as cheap as possible, I go to wal-mart.

There's a new Wal-Mart not far from me.

I find their selections to be limited, and their produce is terrible. Their packaged meats are in those foam tubs with the clear plastic that swells with the outgassing. About the only thing they sell that could fit in the category of health foods is...yogurt.

Kroeger is the big one here - but their prices are consistently high, and they are big sellers of "select" grade meat.

I usually go to Meijer's or local landmark, Jungle Jim's

Jungle Jim's site:

http://www.junglejims.com/index.cfm?fuseac...A3A19C34A216B8A

I would rather staple my sack to the inside of my leg than go near a Walmart for any reason. Mainly because of the chaotic nature of the entire experience, from the jam-packed parking lot, to the mexican stampede, to the rude staff, and the disgusting condition of thier stores...

I would rather shop at Target.

-Their stores are cleaner overall (ever been in a Wal-Mart restroom? BARF!!!)

-Better staff and eager to help out (can't find a Wal-Mart employee to save my life in one of their stores)

-Stuff is usually in stock and if not they can tell you when it will be in (Wal-Mart has no clue when anything is in or out)

-Better Customer service at checkouts

-I just like the non-trailer trash atmosphere there

-Prices comprable to Wal-MArt

What do you guys think and why?

When you buy from Walmart you are servicing the devil.--Not to cast any aspersions about Walmart though.

It depends. I really like Wal-mart for grocery shopping. The stuff is good quality and very cheap.

If I was looking at clothing, like socks and stuff, I'd prefer Target. I don't really care for electronics.

The nice part about Walmart is they take everything back.

I would rather shop at Target.

-Their stores are cleaner overall (ever been in a Wal-Mart restroom? BARF!!!)

-Better staff and eager to help out (can't find a Wal-Mart employee to save my life in one of their stores)

-Stuff is usually in stock and if not they can tell you when it will be in (Wal-Mart has no clue when anything is in or out)

-Better Customer service at checkouts

-I just like the non-trailer trash atmosphere there

-Prices comprable to Wal-MArt

What do you guys think and why?

Now that it seems clear that Target is the store for TBD'rs......

will you post a match of Target vs. K-mart?

Or will you move on to another category?

Interesting tid bit. Did you guys know Wal Mart is the largest grocery store in the world? They only got into the grocery business about 10 years ago with their super wal-marts, and have eclipsed every single long-established grocery chain in the world.

Target is cleaner with better service and better quality stuff. But if I want something as cheap as possible, I go to wal-mart.

They have Super Target's too...