Bills 1st Free Agent Signing?

I dont think that we have any use at all for Rod Hood. Hes kind of garbage and IMO K Thomas would be a more adequate starter. As far as McIntosh, did anyone watch the dolphins last year? their line wasnt very good, so signing one of theirs might be a step in the wrong direction.

My offseason prediction is....MARC COLUMBO(ORT): Former first round pick out of BC by the bears in 01, sufferred a dislocated knee and subsequent rehab. Cut by bears, signed by Cowboys last year, starts most of the year and does pretty well. Supposedly a hard worker, perfect Marv Levy type guy. Did I mention he's about 6'8" 325 lbs?

While there's still question if Terrence Pennington will be a full time starter I can't see us signing a guy like Columbo, although a veteran RT should definately be brought in for depth/competition purposes.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call me crazy but i thought Posey was an IMMEDIATE upgrade from our LBs at the time and he was a very decent player while he was here. i was never too sure why everyone hated on him so much. he was always around the ball and played very well in a defense he was not cut out for.

I live in the Philly area and Ive seen the guy play a lot more then you probably have, I also get to talk to a lot of Eagles fans and they cant wait for the guy to leave. The Eagles are also looking to upgrade the depth at CB and all indications are they wont be bringing Hood back. Hood is at best a nickel back and I wouldnt even want him for that

that good enough for you cool guy

Harper would be a much better signing

No cool guy it isn't!!! I'd rather take the opinion of other Eagle players than some f!@#&*ing fans. Get a grip maybe your wrong!!

I dont think that we have any use at all for Rod Hood. Hes kind of garbage and IMO K Thomas would be a more adequate starter. As far as McIntosh, did anyone watch the dolphins last year? their line wasnt very good, so signing one of theirs might be a step in the wrong direction.

My offseason prediction is....MARC COLUMBO(ORT): Former first round pick out of BC by the bears in 01, sufferred a dislocated knee and subsequent rehab. Cut by bears, signed by Cowboys last year, starts most of the year and does pretty well. Supposedly a hard worker, perfect Marv Levy type guy. Did I mention he's about 6'8" 325 lbs?

watch what you say about Hood, 2003 is very touchy about him although he admits he is no Eagles expert and has probably only seen the guy play once or twice

No cool guy it isn't!!! I'd rather take the opinion of other Eagle players than some f!@#&*ing fans. Get a grip maybe your wrong!!

I guess Im missing all the Eagles players coming out and saying they want Hood back, do you have any quotes you can pass along of McNabb and company coming to his defense and stating they want him back. I also guess the Eagles fans are morons and dont have any clue, they only get to see the guy play every week where you probably seen him play once, make one play and think he's great

if he was any good the Eagles would want to resign him rather then looking to upgrade CB themselves through the draft

Roderick Hood, of all the players that will be free agents this is the guy you picked....you need to get a clue

call me crazy but i thought Posey was an IMMEDIATE upgrade from our LBs at the time and he was a very decent player while he was here. i was never too sure why everyone hated on him so much. he was always around the ball and played very well in a defense he was not cut out for.

You're not crazy. I agree Posey was an upgrade and a very solid SLB. The problem is too many fans assumed he would be another Cornellius Bennett/Bryce Paup and get to the QB more when the truth is in most 4-3 defenses LBs aren't asked to rush the QB.

LG Kris Dielman, the Bills know that they have to work on improving their O-line based on the comments Wilson has made in the papers. As let's not forget that Gandy's set to be an UFA so we'll have a hole immediate hole at LG and it be wise to fill sooner then later with the crop of free agent OGs rather small.

I like the idea of getting Dielman,

My concern is that his head coach in college was Cam Cameron- who encouraged SD to bring him in the fold there.

Now with Cameron in Miami- he will push to bring him there.

Will the Bills give him more of a signing bonus than the fins? I don't know.

I agree about posey, although at that time anyone would've been an upgrade. I believe that he came in and replaced Eddie Robinson.......

Also, I dont know how you can dismiss columbo like that, he should come real cheap and I dont agree that Pennington needs more time, so why not bring in a vet to compete. Its not like Columbo is Willie Anderson or Maurice Williams, hes just some schmo at this point.....but a useful schmo.

I like the idea of getting Dielman,

My concern is that his head coach in college was Cam Cameron- who encouraged SD to bring him in the fold there.

Now with Cameron in Miami- he will push to bring him there.

Will the Bills give him more of a signing bonus than the fins? I don't know.

True but the Dolphins also had former Chargers OG Toniu Fonoti and maybe can re-sign him instead. As I so hope we can can land Dielman as think could him easier then say Eric Steinbach. Yet my biggest fear is we may end up with Sean Mahan. Though in relooking at the free agent landscape another interesting name is David Diehl but think he be a better guy in the Floyd Womack/Mike Gandy swing OG/OT role.

I agree about posey, although at that time anyone would've been an upgrade. I believe that he came in and replaced Eddie Robinson.......

Also, I dont know how you can dismiss columbo like that, he should come real cheap and I dont agree that Pennington needs more time, so why not bring in a vet to compete. Its not like Columbo is Willie Anderson or Maurice Williams, hes just some schmo at this point.....but a useful schmo.

I feel Columbo is going to be looking for a place to start where we can't guarantee that here is all. He's a solid player but just not my cup of tea is all.

True but the Dolphins also have former Chargers OG Toniu Fonoti in the fold so we can hope to land Dielman as think the Bills could land Dielman easier then say Eric Steinbach. Yet my biggest fear is we may end up with Sean Mahan. Though in relooking at the free agent landscape another interesting name is David Diehl.

Fonoti??? He's a bust!! He didn't even start a game for them last year. What are you talking about?

I know Fonoti's a bust but can hope that Cameron liked him in San Diego so the Dolphins won't pursue Dielman is all. :(

I think that if they liked him in San Diego then they never woulda traded him to the vikings in the first place

Harper (cb) from the Indy Colts.

That's My guess as well...

I don't think the Bills want to go into the Draft with a need at CB...And Harper seems like a viable, less expensive option to Nate...I'm assuming Nate is gone of coarse...

If Buffalo can get K. Thomas back at Nickle, and continue to develop Youboty while adding a Vet like Harper, at least CB will not be a definitive weakness with a Rookie Starter...

Plus like Triplett, I think Marv trusts Polians Players are going to be what He is looking for in order to build a Winner...:(

if Bills do move Mcgahee--look for adrian peterson of the Bears to be signed

that would be a good pickup it can finally remove shaud williams but if they do drop willis which i dont think they will, how will we replace him theres no rb that will be in free agency that will really be and upgrade. In the draft u can get one first day but why not pickup needs like cb,dt,and another lb, lets have willis see how he does his contract year.

Call me skeptical on Harper...he is 32 years old and bounced around for 4 years after college -- CFL, etc before latching on with the Colts. Add to this that he and his wife have a history of trying to kill each other and he just doesn't appear to be a guy that Marv and Coach Jauron will go after....

My guess and hope is Ian Scott at DT (who was once coached by Dick Jauron), allowing us to select a DE, WR or MLB with the 12th pick in the draft. Scott would be a solid replacement for Tim Anderson, and should help our run defense. His acquisition would also allow John McCargo to stay at the pass rushing DT position.