I just read about this guy from Boise State

Does this mean McNally is gone? I have not heard anything about him or his assistant leaving. Is Kugler going to be another assistant OL coach?

Boise State football assistant head coach and offensive line coach Sean Kugler stunned his players Friday by telling them he is leaving the Broncos after one season to return to the NFL.

Kugler has accepted a job as an offensive line coach with the Buffalo Bills. The school announced the move Sunday.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/104/story/70069.html

Good choice. I didn't see too many games, but their QB always had alot of time in the pocket and their line always made holes for the Rbs, which doesn't mean much, because recrutiing is much different system then in the NFL but the guy must know something.

Anyone know how many players developed and went onto the NFL under Kugler?

I watched several Boise State games, including the Fiesta Bowl, and have never seen a more disciplined sideline. When the Boise state quarterback was intercepted and Oklahoma scored with about a minute left, the kids were jarred, but the coaching staff acted like it was another day at the office, put the kids back into the 2 minute mode, and that coaching staff was the reason that Boise State beat Oklahoma (and Oregon, and the rest of the teams on their schedule.) Any coach on that sideline is probably a great hire.

"Kugler joined the Broncos after five years as an assistant with the Detroit Lions. He turned down NFL job offers with Detroit and Buffalo a year ago, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family — a perk made possible by the less-strenuous college schedule. However, he grew up near Buffalo and he considers Bills coach Dick Jauron a friend — ties that pulled him back to the NFL."

Jauron is as connected as they come. Maybe he was asked before Larry Zierlein.

Haven't seen it mentioned - he is a Lockport native

bb.com

Also

He served as the team's offensive line coach for the final five games of the 2005 season under Jauron who was named interim head coach at that time
(Detroit)

Anyone know how many players developed and went onto the NFL under Kugler?

Daryn Colledge, 6-5, 299, Boise State

Matched likely first round pass rusher Mathias Kiwanuka of Boston College in the MPC Computers Bowl and held Kiwanuka without a tackle for the first half.

Actually Colledge was playing in the NFL last season and that was Kugler's only season at Boise State. The only names I came up was Jon Dorenbos, Trey Darilek, Carey Clayton (only played one NFL season in 2001) when Kugler was at Texas El-Paso to answer the question of who developed under him. Of course he might be able to offer some insite on UFA OG Rick DeMulling, who remember many of us were high on a few seasons ago.

Actually Colledge was playing in the NFL last season and that was Kugler's only season at Boise State. The only names I came up was Jon Dorenbos, Trey Darilek, Carey Clayton (only played one NFL season in 2001) when Kugler was at Texas El-Paso to answer the question of who developed under him. Of course he might be able to offer some insite on UFA OG Rick DeMulling, who remember many of us were high on a few seasons ago.

The guy to watch is Boise State's current LT, Ryan Clady who could be a very high draft pick in a few years. One site ranks him as the #1 LT prospect for 2009. Check his year in review out:

Named second-team All-America by SI.com...Named first-team All-WAC...Started all 12 games at left tackle for the Broncos...Had dominating season that helped Boise State finish the regular season second in the nation in scoring (39.42 ppg), sixth in the nation in rushing (222.83 ypg), and 11th in the nation in total offense (424.24 ypg), while leading the WAC in rushing and finishing second in scoring and third in total offense...Named to SI.com Midseason All-America first team and CollegeFootballNews.com second team...Named to the Outland Trophy Watch List...Named to The Sporting News and Blue Ribbon Preseason All-WAC Teams.