Global Warming very likely man made

Clinton: "I want to take those profits..."

:unsure::cry::thumbsup:

So much for freedom. "I don't like how you earn money. I'm going to allow the federal government to commandeer your profits."

Frightening.

Just call her Hillary Chavez

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that wouldn't square with the right-wing driven hate machine intent on demonizing Al Gore.

:unsure:

dewd, that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

The point is...IF THE CHINESE DO NOTHING TO ADDRESS THEIR CO2 OUTPUT, it's not going to matter what we do.

Al Gore or not, them's the facts. And yes, Al Gore is still an idiot.

The point is...IF THE CHINESE DO NOTHING TO ADDRESS THEIR CO2 OUTPUT, it's not going to matter what we do.

He's kind of sexy for a man his age, though.

Like Sean Connery, but from Tennessee, and with longer sentences, and whiter.

And his daughter wrote the first 3 seasons of Futurama.

(okay those were the sucky ones, but still)

He's kind of sexy for a man his age, though.

Like Sean Connery, but from Tennessee, and with longer sentences, and whiter.

And his daughter wrote the first 3 seasons of Futurama.

(okay those were the sucky ones, but still)

screw you, eggs...

you owe me a keyboard

Yes, Joe, why do anything unless it only makes sense if the Chinese do it too. It's not like any other countries follow our lead on anything, so what's the point, eh? That's an excellent example for the most powerfull nation on the planet to set.

Yes, Joe, why do anything unless it only makes sense if the Chinese do it too. It's not like any other countries follow our lead on anything, so what's the point, eh? That's an excellent example for the most powerfull nation on the planet to set.

OK, so we already operate at a competitive disadvantage against the Chinese (Labor Costs). Now you want to add another disadvantage? I bet you'll be the first in line to B word when more companies "outsource" their labor.

OK, so we already operate at a competitive disadvantage against the Chinese (Labor Costs). Now you want to add another disadvantage? I bet you'll be the first in line to B word when more companies "outsource" their labor.

So your argument against limiting carbon emissions is 1) base US energy policy on what the Chinese do, and 2) fabricate a scenario involving americans losing their jobs because being more energy efficient would put us further behind the Chinese. By that logic, we may as well increase carbon emissions in order to get all our jobs back from the Indians.

So your argument against limiting carbon emissions is 1) base US energy policy on what the Chinese do, and 2) fabricate a scenario involving americans losing their jobs because being more energy efficient would put us further behind the Chinese. By that logic, we may as well increase carbon emissions in order to get all our jobs back from the Indians.

I'm not surprised you're not understanding this.

If you implement a "carbon tax" or some other contrived governmental scheme to limit CO2 emissions, you WILL damage the economy. It's not a question of will you, but HOW MUCH. I believe it will further erode an almost-dead American manufacturing sector.

If Chinese firms have no such caps, it means they have capital to spend on growing their business and, by extension, the Chinese economy.

So tell me again how it would IMPROVE our competitive advantage to "limit CO2 emissions"?

I'm not surprised you're not understanding this.

If you implement a "carbon tax" or some other contrived governmental scheme to limit CO2 emissions, you WILL damage the economy. It's not a question of will you, but HOW MUCH. I believe it will further erode an almost-dead American manufacturing sector.

If Chinese firms have no such caps, it means they have capital to spend on growing their business and, by extension, the Chinese economy.

So tell me again how it would IMPROVE our competitive advantage to "limit CO2 emissions"?

Should the US do anything about Global Warming?

Should the US do anything about Global Warming?

I'm no scientist, but don't reflective, non absorbtive surfaces have something to do with getting rid of some of the heat- seems that would be easy enough, and inexpensive enough.

I think we can cut down on some of the gas emissions without cutting too much into profits.

in all of the great debate over global warming (man made vs natural heating/cooling cycles) the one thing I haven't heard anything about from either side is polar shift

The sun does it every couple of years. The last shift was in 2001 and the next expected solar polar shift is in 2012. (NASA linky)

The Earth's poles also shift but nowhere near as frequently. The last shift is estimated to have occured 740,000 years ago and nobody knows when the next shift will occur.

Earth’s magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity. Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740,000 years ago. Some researchers think our planet is overdue for another one, but nobody knows exactly when the next reversal might occur.

Just a thought

Why would anyone think pumping toxic emmisions into the planets atmosphere would be harmful? Go do something worthwhile and shoot some non-domesticated bovine types.

Inky, CO2 is not a toxin! Plants can not complete there life cycle without it (see light reaction of photosynthesis).

If you take the word "our" to mean "human", then yes. Maybe, just maybe, some look at this from a global, human perspective, rather than a US interest perspective. But that wouldn't square with the right-wing driven hate machine intent on demonizing Al Gore.

Which is somehow different than the left propping him up as some kind of environmental saint? Right.