"it is what it is"

taterhill

I always had a problem with Descartes line "I think therefore I am" Doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it be..."I think therefore I think I am?"

yes, and shouldn't it be "I think... therefore i think, "I think I am"..... it's an ad nauseum infinitely looping semantic cluster!@#$ of I-ness that was only brought to divine completion when Tedy Bruschi took the football field in the late 20th and the WORD became ONE with the Godhead once more... :blink:

yes, and shouldn't it be "I think... therefore i think, "I think I am"..... it's an ad nauseum infinitely looping semantic cluster!@#$ of I-ness that was only brought to divine completion when Tedy Bruschi took the football field in the late 20th and the WORD became ONE with the Godhead once more... :blink:

But...isnt' that putting Descartes before the horse?

I always had a problem with Descartes line "I think therefore I am" Doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it be..."I think therefore I think I am?"

Actually, it makes perfect sense in that because he was able to think, he was able to confirm his existence. It was along the lines of Satre who believed "To do is to be." And somewhat counter to Socrates' belief that "To be is to do." It all, of course, centered around Sinatra, who said "Do be do be do."

I'll stick with Sinatra.

The actual quote was ................ and I quote ................. "I stink because I ate a yam" ..................... but he was misquoted by the press

its almost as overused as the "we dont get any respect" card.

Woah - lets not get crazy here.

Urlacher said that the bears have been underdogs all season long, and only favored when they are home and even then, onyl favored by 2.5 points. News check brian: the bears were favored in 16 of 18 games they played this season. The ONLY homegame where they were favored by as little as 2.5 was the saints game last week.

Ha, yeah it's pretty lame. Sad thing is it actually works on the players; or else coaches wouldn't preach it all the time.