Vince Young

Fingon

Vince is EXCELLENT for a rookie, running QB. He's going to be a great one for many, many years. Most people here know I love Vince from when he took my Longhorns to a National Championship.

That being said, in NO WAY should he be starting in the pro bowl. Hell, given how good the AFC was this year, I don't even think he should be an alternate.

I think we will look back at Vince's career in awe, but he isn't there yet. Sadly, the NFL has already annointed him.

Vince Young's Record as a starter = 8-5 (including finishing up 8-3)

He was rb was a guy who some said won't ever rush for 1,600 yards the rest of his career and his #1 wr was Drew Bennett. Talent wise, the Titans have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

Young's numbers aren't gonna wow you, but you're crazy if he didn't make a huge impact on turning that team around. Right now, the guy is a winner and personally, I like guys who win football games. Stats are for nerds. :blink:

Maybe you didn't watch the Bills/Titans game. Vince Young looked like an All Pro that day and was by far the best player on the field. If you want to delve into semantics with the "team" thing then so be it, I'm not going to continue to argue with you any longer on this matter. I know what I saw, and any Bills fans poking fun at Vince look awfully silly considering how he played that day.

Travis Henry and the Titan OL were the best players on the field that day. Actaully, that's the formula that the Titans used to win most of their games down the stretch. Unfortunately grinding out 4-5 yards out at a time doesn't make the ESPN highlight reel so Young gets all the credit.

Travis Henry and the Titan OL were the best players on the field that day. Actaully, that's the formula that the Titans used to win most of their games down the stretch. Unfortunately grinding out 4-5 yards out at a time doesn't make the ESPN highlight reel so Young gets all the credit.

And Travis Henry would have had a monster day if a 55yard run was not called back due to a penalty....

However, I agree with the original poster too....Vince Young definitely made a big difference on that day.....He was really fantastic....In fact the threat he offered on the field might have opened up the big holes for Travis Henry to run through.....

In fact on the whole day, Vince Young was making all the plays for the 1st 3 quarters and then Travis Henry took over on the 4th quarter drive...

In fact on the whole day, Vince Young was making all the plays for the 1st 3 quarters and then Travis Henry took over on the 4th quarter drive...

The Bills had a 9 point lead going into the 4th quarter...

Really????

V.Young pass deep right to B.Wade for 22 yards, TOUCHDOWN

V.Young scrambles left tackle for 36 yards, TOUCHDOWN

V.Young pass deep middle to B.Jones for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Vince Young put the Titans on his back putting his team in position so that Henry and the line could rumble on down the field, taking time off the clock and kicking the game winning field goal.

Though he had a heck of a fourth quarter, Henry finished a distant second to Vince on that day. That's not even arguable.

Though he had a heck of a fourth quarter, Henry finished a distant second to Vince on that day. That's not even arguable.

The game was won in the 4th quarter. I'd say you're right, it's not even close who the MVP of that game was. It was Henry and the OL.

The game was won in the 4th quarter. I'd say you're right, it's not even close who the MVP of that game was. It was Henry and the OL.

Vince Young's three major drives = 21 points

Travis Henry's only major drive = 3 points

FYI - Vince Young's 29 yard touchdown pass to Jones was in the fourth quarter. C'mon man, you're wrong. Admit it's silly to continue arguing your point and move on.

Vince Young's three major drives = 21 points

Travis Henry's only major drive = 3 points

FYI - Vince Young's 29 yard touchdown pass to Jones was in the fourth quarter. C'mon man, you're wrong. Admit it's silly to continue arguing your point and move on.

The Titans running game controled the game, wore the Bills D down and ultimately won the game for the Titans in the 4th quarter. Sure, Young had a good game, I'm not arguing otherwise, but he was not the"difference maker" in the game (despite his fantastic 37 yard TD run at the end of the 1st half). You can argue all you want but I believe what I actually saw on the field during my two viewings of the game and not just the 3 TDs that the stat sheet says that Young had a part of.

This whole discussion is really a moot point as pointing to Young's best performance of the season (which the Bills game was) doesn't mean he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

The Titans running game controled the game, wore the Bills D down and ultimately won the game for the Titans in the 4th quarter. Sure, Young had a good game, I'm not arguing otherwise, but he was not the"difference maker" in the game (despite his fantastic 37 yard TD run at the end of the 1st half). You can argue all you want but I believe what I actually saw on the field during my two viewings of the game and not just the 3 TDs that the stat sheet says that Young had a part of.

This whole discussion is really a moot point as pointing to Young's best performance of the season (which the Bills game was) doesn't mean he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

If you believe that Henry was the difference maker then you need to see it a third time. Vince Young was THE dominant player on the field that day. Yes, Travis had himself a very good workman-like day running the ball, but Vince's performance was by far the main reason the Titans one that game. Maybe you just can't bring yourself to admit this because Henry used to be a Bill so you're biased to a fault. Young's performance was the best any offensive player had against the Bills in 2006.

I really don't care all that much about who goes to the probowl because I'm in full draft mode after the Superbowl anyways. But if a bunch of AFC QBs cancelled then I don't see any reason why Young shouldn't be strongly considered since the guy was practically unstoppable after the midopoint of the season. Young will be going to a lot of probowls in his career so you might as well get used to it.

Just goes to show how weak the QB position was in the AC.

Baltimore - McNair was very average

Buffalo - JP improved and had a decent year

Cincinnati - Palmer, came on strong later in the season

Cleveland - Nothing to see here people

Denver - Changed QB's during the season

Houston - Carr, very disappointing season

Indy - Manning, probably the best Qb in the league

Jax - QB position a mess

KC - Injury to Green, Huard played well

Miami - A mess (LOL)

NE - Brady had a good year

NYJ - Pennington had a good year, but no arm strength

Oakland - Another mess

Pitt - Big Ben had a down year, played better towards the end of the season

SD - Rivers had a good year

Tenn - VY had an average year for a rookie

That being said, Manning, Palmer, & Rivers voted in the 2007 PB. Rivers is hurt, so Brady is a good fill in. After that, who do you go with?

Pennington is deserving. Arm strength aside, he and his team had a terrific year because he reads defenses so well and executes on third down.

Young is also deserving; it's undeniable that he turned that team around. Passer rating is a very flawed measure of performance. With that said, Young's 4th quarter passer rating during Tennessee's streak was well over 100.

Both belong there much more than the guys in the NFC after Brees.

Eli Manning, 57.7% completions, 24 TD, 18 INT, by all accounts had a terrible year.

Vince Young, 51.5% completions, 12 TD, 13 INT, by all accounts had a great year.

Funny game.

Young was a rookie. Manning is in his third year. Most rookie QB's don't even play their first season - never mind win 8 games. Leinart hardly won a pro game despite playing for a program that is as close to the pro level as exists in college. Who's the last rookie QB to win 8 games in a season?

Young went 8-5, Manning went 8-8.

Young played in the better conference.

Young won the head to head battle, for what it's worth.

Young had 552 yards rushing and 7 rushing touchdowns. Eli had 21 yards rushing all season and no TD's.

Manning by most accounts had better talent around him, especially at the offensive skill positions.

Fisher had enough confidence to throw Young into the fire; I don't think Coughlin would trust Eli to park his car.

Give me VY any day over Eli. I don't understand why people are so hellbent on downgrading Young's accomplishments. He's a new kind of player who wins without fitting into the classic NFL QB mold. To quote Tony the Tiger, I think it's not just good for the game - it's great.