Doesn't Look Like 'Enormous Progress' To Me

1) Gees, get a grip! Big difference between "Progress" and "Success." You act like it changed the meaning, which it didn't. Shows you are grasping at straws. I don't care to be respected around here, BTW. People that literally hate the truth to death are not the type of people I want liking me.
It's just proof you don't even read the links you post here, let alone think about what you read and then form your own opinions.

2) Smarter? I very well might be smarter. Did you mean more informed? He might be that. Still, you sighted him as proof of progress which made me laugh. Even he, the guy on his third tour already--how many more tours will we send him back for?--admits that here on that third tour progress has just started. Bout time! And the military has been claiming that since 2003. So 6 months from now someone else might say the same thing.
If you had read the link I provided (which you didn't) you'd know he was in a specific province (Anbar) which had been devastated by fighting (in Fallajuh). He also made of point of talking about what a slow process it is, which I think any person with common sense would expect.

3) Inane thread? Because you disagreed with who should be counted as the killed? Did you read the rest of the article? Car bombs, assassinations, mass killings, torture, mortar attacks, major gun battles, a copter shot down and general choas. Yup, you really proved your point that Cheney was right!
Yes, I read the rest of the article and, unlike you, I actually understood what I was reading and how antiwar.com was trying to fog up the picture to make their point.

Basically we have (more) proof that you don't read the links you bring here, you don't interpret information for yourself, and you really aren't interested in information that runs counter to what you already believe (even if it's from someone who has been to Iraq). But that hasn't stopped you from starting thread after thread after thread.

As RK said, you're basically just a stupid little child that we all roll our eyes at. Your stuff reads like something a conservative would write to make liberals look bad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckle, ok, thanks for clearing that up. BTW, what talking points in I using? Point them out, please

Another bull sh--, immature tactic of yours and one I refuse to take part in.

You write your inane schitt and then when called on it put up your ands and say "who me?"

What about three elections in a place that hasn't had an election in years... Isn't that success? Enormous success? You could debate it, but most likely it is... Have they ever had an election prior to this? I mean, of course, an 'election' in which 100% of the people in Iraq don't vote for Saddam Hussein...

The Iraqis just don't seem to agree with you:

http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligen...29-101021-1168r

Iraq poll: U.S. troops departure is asset

BAGHDAD, Dec. 29 (UPI) -- About 90 percent of Iraqis feel the situation in the country was better before the U.S.-led invasion than it is today, according to a new ICRSS poll.

The findings emerged after house-to-house interviews conducted by the ICRSS during the third week of November. About 2,000 people from Baghdad (82 percent), Anbar and Najaf (9 percent each) were randomly asked to express their opinion. Twenty-four percent of the respondents were women.

Only five percent of those questioned said Iraq is better today than in 2003. While 89 percent of the people said the political situation had deteriorated, 79 percent saw a decline in the economic situation; 12 percent felt things had improved and 9 percent said there was no change. Predictably, 95 percent felt the security situation was worse than before.

The results of the poll conducted by the Iraq Centre for Research and Strategic Studies and shared with the Gulf Research Center, has a margin error of +/- 3.1 percent.

The ICRSS is an independent institution "which attempts to spread the conscious necessity of realizing basic freedoms, consolidating democratic values and foundations of civil society."

Nearly 50 percent of the respondents identified themselves only as "Muslims"; 34 percent were Shiites and 14 percent, Sunnis.

It's just proof you don't even read the links you post here, let alone think about what you read and then form your own opinions.

If you had read the link I provided (which you didn't) you'd know he was in a specific province (Anbar) which had been devastated by fighting (in Fallajuh). He also made of point of talking about what a slow process it is, which I think any person with common sense would expect.

Yes, I read the rest of the article and, unlike you, I actually understood what I was reading and how antiwar.com was trying to fog up the picture to make their point.

Basically we have (more) proof that you don't read the links you bring here, you don't interpret information for yourself, and you really aren't interested in information that runs counter to what you already believe (even if it's from someone who has been to Iraq). But that hasn't stopped you from starting thread after thread after thread.

As RK said, you're basically just a stupid little child that we all roll our eyes at. Your stuff reads like something a conservative would write to make liberals look bad.

LOL, yup, again you fall back on the "stupid" defense because you can't handle the truth. No problem. And I'm sorry, but the information you provided basically proves my point that little or no progress has been made. A tiny little start after almost 4 years of occupation is not the 'Enormous Success' you contend is happening. Keep trying though

LOL, yup, again you fall back on the "stupid" defense because you can't handle the truth. No problem. And I'm sorry, but the information you provided basically proves my point that little or no progress has been made. A tiny little start after almost 4 years of occupation is not the 'Enormous Success' you contend is happening. Keep trying though
"You can't handle the truth." Oh dear.... <_<

OK, I'm done, that's enough for one day.

BAGHDAD, Dec. 29 (UPI) -- About 90 percent of Iraqis feel the situation in the country was better before the U.S.-led invasion than it is today, according to a new ICRSS poll.

The findings emerged after house-to-house interviews conducted by the ICRSS during the third week of November. About 2,000 people from Baghdad (82 percent), Anbar and Najaf (9 percent each) were randomly asked to express their opinion. Twenty-four percent of the respondents were women.

Only five percent of those questioned said Iraq is better today than in 2003. While 89 percent of the people said the political situation had deteriorated, 79 percent saw a decline in the economic situation; 12 percent felt things had improved and 9 percent said there was no change. Predictably, 95 percent felt the security situation was worse than before.

The results of the poll conducted by the Iraq Centre for Research and Strategic Studies and shared with the Gulf Research Center, has a margin error of +/- 3.1 percent.

The ICRSS is an independent institution "which attempts to spread the conscious necessity of realizing basic freedoms, consolidating democratic values and foundations of civil society."

Nearly 50 percent of the respondents identified themselves only as "Muslims"; 34 percent were Shiites and 14 percent, Sunnis.

They're not disagreeing with him because they're answering a different question. You can say that the elections were a "success" but still think that the situation was better before the invasion, because of the present lack of security. Elections are all well and good but the problem of being killed if you leave your house (or perhaps even if you stay there) tends to be a somewhat more immediate concern.

They're not disagreeing with him because they're answering a different question. You can say that the elections were a "success" but still think that the situation was better before the invasion, because of the present lack of security. Elections are all well and good but the problem of being killed if you leave your house (or perhaps even if you stay there) tends to be a somewhat more immediate concern.

Too bad so many people have trouble with your simple observation. But hey, as long as the US is "Exporting Democracy"...

So killing Iraqis is progress?

If it was the ones who did this, then yes:

"Mortar shells rained down Sunday on a girls' secondary school in a mostly Sunni area of western Baghdad, killing five pupils and wounding 20, witnesses and police said. At least seven other people died in a series of bombings and shootings across the capital, mostly in Shiite areas."

How can you conduct a poll in a place as diversified as Iraq?

Even people who frequent this board who loathe the Administration and who generally agree with the anti-war sentiment are tired of your bull sh--.

At first I thought this was going to be the first time I ever agreed with you. And if I was political I definitely would because I'd be annoyed by him doing more harm than good when he repeatedly makes those of us who despise this administration to appear as stupid as him.

But then I realized that I'm not political enough to give a damn about political repercussions and I'm getting sort of a kick out of watching him burrow under some of the regulars' skin all while making a fool of himself. :)

RDA= Recommended Daily Amount.

The FDA sets RDAs on vitamins, the amount that most scientists agree people should get in their daily diet. Look on the side of an American cereal box.

RDA= Recommended Daily Amount.

The FDA sets RDAs on vitamins, the amount that most scientists agree people should get in their daily diet. Look on the side of an American cereal box.

OK!!

And JSP has a good idea here! I think all americans should receive a RDA of frenchmen input and all Frenchmen should receive a RDA of american input, that would make the world (or at least our two countries) better!