How Black Children view White Children

millbank

True, very sad... Yet, is it disturbing? Sorta, if you look at it from the "gasp factor." Don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to sugar coat anything... Just trying to look at it from a different angle...

Do most people in general want to do what the "main group" does?

Look at it this way, you MAY have the best at your disposal... Yet, you always seem to want the other.

My wife tells the story of how her mother growing up poor would always be made very nice homemade soup... Yet, as a kid... My mother-in-law would get real mad and always wanted Campbell's soup from a can... Not that she ever got it of had it!

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is the same thing... IMO, though parallels can be made.

I really wonder what the psych science behind it all really is (I don't think it is self-esteem) with being in the minority and all?

Now later in life, say as youth/YA (young adult)/teen... I wonder how things play out? Say with the more modern "Bratz" dolls... They (Bratz) seem to cross all racial/social lines?...

Just a thought for open discussion...

Anyone wanna give a brief overview for those of us that cannot stream video at work?

Little black kids are given two dolls, one white and one black. When asked which one they'd rather play with or which one is nicer, they pick the white one. When asked which one is bad they pick the black one.

No doubt more fuel for hysterical overrecations and misguided attempts at social engineering.

Little black kids are given two dolls, one white and one black. When asked which one they'd rather play with or which one is nicer, they pick the white one. When asked which one is bad they pick the black one.

No doubt more fuel for hysterical overrecations and misguided attempts at social engineering.

Never considered the Supreme Court's decision in Brown V. Board of Education (where the court specifically referred to and relied on the original experiment) as "misguided".

The Test this young lady attempted to duplicate comes from a test in 1947 with was sited in the Case, "Brown vs the Board of Education Topeka" which sited, he Supreme Court announced its unanimous decision on May 17, 1954. It held that school segregation violated the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. The following year the Court ordered desegregation "with all deliberate speed."

What is consequential about the Young ladies test is that it mirrored the finding of 1947 still.

Here is a link to read

Brown vs Board of Education

The Test this young lady attempted to duplicate comes from a test in 1947 with was sited in the Case, "Brown vs the Board of Education Topeka" which sited, he Supreme Court announced its unanimous decision on May 17, 1954. It held that school segregation violated the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. The following year the Court ordered desegregation "with all deliberate speed."

What is consequential about the Young ladies test is that it mirrored the finding of 1947 still.

Here is a link to read

Brown vs Board of Education

So then I guess the logical conclusion is that forced segregation was not the only culprit for the perceived low self esteem.

I wonder how much the media's portrayal of black people has to do with this? Or the fact that many minorities practice self segregation at times, as well as suffering from economic segregation.

What there needs to be is some kind of control group for anyone to begin to make sense of all of this.

a few hundred years of slavery, Jim Crow laws, Lynching, voting restrictions, segregation from jobs, housing and public facilities might have had a little to do with it.

I don't think anyone is discounting that, but for the results to be the same doesn't add up. There should be some movement in the positive direction given that we've had 50 years of what I would consider continuous improvement (albeit slow improvement).

I mean we are talking about a potential black presidential candidate for one of the two major parties. 50 years ago that notion would have been laughable.

a few hundred years of slavery, Jim Crow laws, Lynching, voting restrictions, segregation from jobs, housing and public facilities might have had a little to do with it.

Im sure a 5 year old kid has a keen awareness of all that stuff, especially how it relates to themselves. :)

But thanks, anyway for the VERY typical "blame whitey" response.

Im sure a 5 year old kid has a keen awareness of all that stuff, especially how it relates to themselves. :)

But thanks, anyway for the VERY typical "blame whitey" response.

I blame the girl asking the questions. How can people not see she is to blame?