Indy fans are very lame

LabattBlue

I was at the Bills game in Indy this past year and that place was a morgue. Walking out after the game, you would have thought the Colts lost the game. I saw several crowd shots yesterday that reminded me of the same thing.

I like Peyton Manning, but I have a hard time cheering for a team with fans that don't seem to have a lot of passion when it comes to their team. Sort of like the Hurricanes winning the Stanley Cup last year. :thumbsup::pirate:

I was at the Bills game in Indy this past year and that place was a morgue. Walking out after the game, you would have thought the Colts lost the game. I saw several crowd shots yesterday that reminded me of the same thing.

I like Peyton Manning, but I have a hard time cheering for a team with fans that don't seem to have a lot of passion when it comes to their team. Sort of like the Hurricanes winning the Stanley Cup last year. :thumbsup::pirate:

I guess the fact that they had to close streets here from all the fans Celebrating...Of course that could be that you weren't here you didn't notice it.

Bills had a hard time selling out game didnt they? Talk about passion, I think alot of it is lost in Buffalo supporting the Bills.

Bills had a hard time selling out game didnt they? Talk about passion, I think alot of it is lost in Buffalo supporting the Bills.

It's all about the product on the field. When the team(the Bills) has sucked for the last 6 or 7 years, what do you expect. In the case of the Colts, they had just beat the Bills to remain undefeated and they left the dome acting like they just had a death in the family.

Just calling it like I see it.

It's all about the product on the field. When the team(the Bills) has sucked for the last 6 or 7 years, what do you expect. In the case of the Colts, they had just beat the Bills to remain undefeated and they left the dome acting like they just had a death in the family.

Well to be fair - beating the Bills (based on our several years of mediocrity) isn't that exciting. And the Colts have had a number of great regular seasons only to have it end in the playoffs (usually at the Pats hands). It's like if the Bills kept dominating in regular season only to be knocked out of the playoffs. Would you get that excited for a win over a team you're expected to beat in regular season?

I was at the Bills v. Indy game too and noticed the same thing... But, it was very refreshing to NOT see all the drunken idiots stammering around... I am not against having a good time... But, you know what the Ralph parking lot looks like after a game?... People are such slobs... You could feed, one maybe two third-world countries with the left over garbage people leave!

In Indy... I wish they could be louder... And it seems everybody, I mean everybody was wearing a gay player jersey... It is amazing how many people where these things! Really strange IMO...

The fact of the matter is that in downtown Indy they are building a brand new retractable stadium next to the RCA dome... That is normally where the bus parking is... My take is that some of the partying has been curtailed due to lack of space with the new project...

I said it before... I have no problem taking my young kid to an Indy game... Even being an opposing fan... The are very friendly and hospitable... Some strokes though (but ain't that the norm)... Seems the Muncie crowd was a bit "rough around the edges"... Then Muncie is a little bit city of BFLO in many ways... Dead on the vine and brutal...

Yet, for the rest... Very down to earth and very MIDWEST!

:thumbsup:

IMHO - fans here in Indy are a bit less involved with their professional sports teams than other alternatives (ex. college and high school sports). But you have to admit the Bills/Colts game was kind of a yawner for a good portion of it.

That being said, Indianapolis is buzzing right now.

Seemed like the place was rocking...Brady had to employee numerous means to deal with the crowd noise. Or maybe I just had the sound on the TV up too high. :thumbsup:

They "pipe" the crowd noise in!

At the Bills game, I was sitting high up... You can hear it on the loud speakers... You could look around and it looked strange... All this noise and nobody's lips moving... Really strange...

They "pipe" the crowd noise in!

At the Bills game, I was sitting high up... You can hear it on the loud speakers... You could look around and it looked strange... All this noise and nobody's lips moving... Really strange...

I was there and heard it too...then again, I've heard similar things at the Ralph and other stadiums as well. Its definitely more noticeable in the dome though.

Then again, 3/4ths of the crowd in Indy is women.

Everybody is gonna crucify me... But, to me it seemed like a higher socio-economic class too... I noticed a lot of woman too...

Somebody commented how at Ottawa Senators' hockey games in Ottawa were very quiet... Comments about Ottawa being a capital came up... I think that holds true with Indy and with the socio-economic class...

Shoot me... Just my wild assumption...

Exactly UD...

I wonder how it will be when the new stadium is done and the roof is open... In Indy that is...???

I really don't expect them to open the dome when the Colts are playing...I just assumed that they would save that for other events (concerts?, etc).

I do look forward to the next Bills game there though...I'm definitely a fan of checking out new stadiums, and I'll be needing to check Lucas Oil Stadium off my list anyways.

Quote from an Indy fan. " We don't have many football fans, we just like a nice warm place to socialize."

I'd say that about covers it except to say, they are in the big game and we are sitting on our thumbs making observations about them.

Indy has had the good fortune of having Peyton Manning as their QB. If they had a carousel of QB's over the years like many teams, this Colts team would be horribly average. Indy has enjoyed 6 or 7 years of great football and finally they have kicked down the door to get into the Bowl. Good for them, but if the folks of Indianapolis had the Bills as their team for the last 7 years they would lead the league in non-sellouts and no shows at games. There's no doubt about it.

Indy's crowd is brutal. Period. I went to college (Ball State University) and coached out there for about 7 years. In the early years of the Indy Colts, they couldn't even come close to selling out the smallest stadium in the league. This is after the initial phase of "just moved there" sellouts. The fans were, not horrible, but really not football fans. The atmosphere in the dome was like a morgue, just like you said.

It was amazing, that when teams like the Packers, Browns, Bengals, Bears and even the Bills in the 90's came to town, the crowd was 50-50, no lie. In the few times they played the Bears and Packers, the crowd even swung more to the visiting side than the Colts side. You have a lot of people in Indy who are into being "seen" and go to the games and talk about where they are going to eat afterwards moreso than actually really being into a football game. It was sickening.

You didn't start to see some hard core football fans until the fan base grew with Peyton a little bit. But even now, you have a lot of your Khaki pants wearing, I'm just here to be "seen" kind of crowd. Alot of them aren't very rowdy, and you have a lot of corporate, free ticket grabbing, types.

The tailgating is pathetic, although space is limited around the dome. So, their tradition is starting now, with Peyton, but make no mistake, Indy is not a hardcore football town. That's why I about burst into tears everytime I hear them talk about how fired up the Indy crowd is.

They usually block off roads and streets around the dome and Conseco Fieldhouse when the teams are doing well, to "celebrate". But all of it is commercial and the fake kind of celebrating filled with people who are really only there to party, and probably watch the Colts once or twice a year.

Indy is a great town, but it's not a hard core sports town by any means. This week is rather interesting because there are a lot of hard core Bears fans all over Indiana. It would be interesting to see the old time Bears fans that switched to the Colts root against their old team.

That whole part of the midwest has to be jumping now though. Fake or not, it must be fun to be out there.

.... I think the fact that the Colts just BARELY eeked out a win against a Bills team nationally perceived as being less-than-mediocre at best was enough to make the Indy fans not feel very confident in their beloved team. The fans had expected to see Peyton throw for 500 yards and 6 touchdowns, and instead were biting their fingernails at the end, grateful for a Lindell miss on the FG attempt. That was one of the first doses of reality they got that maybe, just maybe, this year was going to turn out like last year in the playoffs. No reason to cheer about that.

Of course, after last night, they are all back on the bandwagon again!