Indy fans are very lame

LabattBlue

Thats what you get when you play in a cushy RCA Holiday Inn DOME! Football is meant to be played outside and the fans are truly better when its up to mother nature.

There's something to be said for that. Dad went to a few Colts-Bills games shortly after he moved out there, but stopped going because he found the gameday atmosphere boring (compared to the Penn State or Rich Stadium games he'd been to...)

There's something to be said for that. Dad went to a few Colts-Bills games shortly after he moved out there, but stopped going because he found the gameday atmosphere boring (compared to the Penn State or Rich Stadium games he'd been to...)

I would take boring rather than beer bottles being hurled off the upper deck at Rich stadium... Or better yet, take boring over this:

Savage Patsies

I know you are talking somewhere in the middle Lori... But, unfortunately I would error on Indy's side come game day...

The NFL by far has become the worst fan spectacle with absolutley no control it seems at times... Sure the NFL gets sued and has to open it's parking lots a bit later because a drunk returning from a Giants game messes up a young kid returning from a pumpkin patch excursion...

Indy should be rewarded for the refreshingly different and less hostile enviro... Not hurt for it... It really is too bad the approach your father took... He should have thought about it more IMO...

:worthy:

Thats why I'm kinda torn on the Super Bowl, on one hand I would like to see Polian finally win the big one and I do think Peyton deserves it, but I know a Lombardi trophy would mean so much more to the city of Chicago(even though they already have won it before). Chicago is a great sports town and Bears fans are passionate and the team has a great football history and tradition. If it wasn't for the fact Polian was with the Colts I would be looking forward to rooting for a Bears superbowl victory, but I guess on the positive side at least I won't be disappointed with whoever ends up victorious.

Seemed like the place was rocking...Brady had to employee numerous means to deal with the crowd noise. Or maybe I just had the sound on the TV up too high. :worthy:

I think I remember hearing about how the Colts are known for pumping a great deal of artificial noise into their dome. I was at a game in Indy a bunch of years back (the Bills lost in OT) and a "fan" asked me to be quiet because she was trying to watch the game...I was 7 and cheering when the Bills came out of the tunnel. Indy fans do not deserve a championship. Go Bears.

Bills had a hard time selling out game didnt they? Talk about passion, I think alot of it is lost in Buffalo supporting the Bills.

Put a winner on the field and that ceases to be a problem.

Maybe the fans were just having an "off day" when the Bills were in town. :worthy:

I think you're right, that game wasn't exactly exciting by any means whatsoever. If I recall correctly there were several threads started after that game about how boring the Bills were to watch. Indy didn't put up any numbers in that game either, it was a game of only short runs and short passes.

I've always heard that the RCA dome is the hardest stadium to play at due to noise and crowd involvement.

I think you're right, that game wasn't exactly exciting by any means whatsoever. If I recall correctly there were several threads started after that game about how boring the Bills were to watch. Indy didn't put up any numbers in that game either, it was a game of only short runs and short passes.

I've always heard that the RCA dome is the hardest stadium to play at due to noise and crowd involvement.

I agree....first of all the Bills/Colts game was not a "classic" by any standard....Indy fans can be lulled to sleep during a boring game just like any other stadium. Second, the RCA dome can be extremely loud at times. When the fans are truly into the game, the sound seems to reflect back in and you walk out feeling like you've been to a concert. The key is whether the crowd is engaged or not. IMHO - Indy fans are generally quiet until they have something to cheer about.....actions on the field trigger the crowd noise, not the other way around.

Indy is still enamored with college and amateur sports, which tends to sometimes distract local sports interest away from the pros. Therefore, when I compare living here vs. my years in Buffalo, I still say that there more passion for the Bills/Sabres than what you see here with the Colts/Pacers.