Colts vs. Patriots

Again, it was the right call.

He was in bounds the entire time and got pushed out. Anyone who thinks otherwise after the replays is simply jealous that the Pats are a great team and the Bills, over the past many years, have sucked.

Of course we're jealous, genius. That's part of being a sports fan. Hate and jealousy are as much elements of fandom as any other emotions.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What nobody seemed to talk about was the awful hold on I believe Freeny before brady even threw the ball. The o-lineman ripped his freakin helmet off. Should have been a 10 yard penalty.

Matt Light never holds. He kept Merriman away from Brady last week with completely clean and legal blocks. ;)

If that were the rule, a catch deep in the end zone in which the receiver has to jump to grab the ball has little chance of succeeding since the DB can push him out of bounds while mid-air
Fine. If you can't catch it in bounds, why do you deserve a TD?

Could this be . . . a lucky break for a Pats opponent? Have the football gods decided to shine light on the Colts after all these years?

My wife is currently trying to figure out what "Saturday broke the curse!" means. ;)

Makes "logical" sense to make it a black or white issue, but I feel that with such a rule, the net effect will essentially "reduce" the size of the end zone. Routes will be cut short to provide enough room to accommodate the scenario in which the ball is caught in the air.

And what about sideline catches? Should a similar rule be in place there as well?

Fine. If you can't catch it in bounds, why do you deserve a TD?