fire Modrak

bluenews

Well this ought to annoy some people:

John McCargo didn't show me squat and now he looks like a bigman w/ a bad foot. Uh-oh

Youboty didn't show anybody squat(although I thought that he at least looked better than the horribly bad Kiwaukee Thomas).

Ko Simpson didn't show me squat and I thought he looked badly overmatched all year.

Brad Butler has never shown me anything except his ability to cut guys knees from the backside.

Keith Ellison showed me he's too small to hold up in this league.

TPennington showed me he's a stiff who only made this squad because we have absolutely zero OT's behind Peters.

So from my perspective it looks so far like the Bills got to pick 8th in every round, had 4 picks in the Top100 and yet somehow only managed to get 2 players out of a very rich draft. :thumbsup:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John McCargo didn't show me squat and now he looks like a bigman w/ a bad foot. Uh-oh

Youboty didn't show anybody squat(although I thought that he at least looked better than the horribly bad Kiwaukee Thomas).

Ko Simpson didn't show me squat and I thought he looked badly overmatched all year.

Brad Butler has never shown me anything except his ability to cut guys knees from the backside.

TPennington showed me he's a stiff who only made this squad because we have absolutely zero OT's behind Peters.

So from my perspective it looks so far like the Bills got to pick 8th in every round, had 4 picks in the Top100 and yet somehow only managed to get 2 players out of a very rich draft. :thumbsup:

2 55 Roscoe Parrish WR Miami

3 86 Kevin Everett TE Miami

4 122 Duke Preston G Illinois

5 156 Eric King CB Wake Forest

6 197 Justin Geisinger G Vanderbilt

7 236 Lionel Gates RB Louisville

1 13 Lee Evans WR Wisconsin

1 22 J.P. Losman QB Tulane

3 74 Tim Anderson DT Ohio State

4 109 Tim Euhus TE Oregon State

7 207 Dylan McFarland T Montana

7 214 Jonathan Smith WR Georgia Tech

2 55 Roscoe Parrish WR Miami

3 86 Kevin Everett TE Miami

4 122 Duke Preston G Illinois

5 156 Eric King CB Wake Forest

6 197 Justin Geisinger G Vanderbilt

7 236 Lionel Gates RB Louisville

1 13 Lee Evans WR Wisconsin

1 22 J.P. Losman QB Tulane

3 74 Tim Anderson DT Ohio State

4 109 Tim Euhus TE Oregon State

7 207 Dylan McFarland T Montana

7 214 Jonathan Smith WR Georgia Tech

not to defend modrak, but i challenge you to pick ten teams' 2002 and 2003 drafts randomly and inform us what the average is of actual impact players. i'd be shocked if it's more than 2.0 on average, and i'd bet it's closer to 1.5.

LOL, i just don't understand a post like this unless you're just trying to stir the pot. Maybe you are. It is way too early to judge a rookie class one way or the other. Just a few comments:

1, McCargo is completely a question mark, yes, we'll see....

2, Youboty is another question mark, but there is no reason to think he doesn't have the potential to be a contributor. Since when do all rookies "show squat" their rookie year?

3, Kiwaukee Thomas? most people would say he played decently as a nickel back, although certainly what most people think does not necessarily = truth. personally i don't love him but i don't hate him as well. nickle corners are fairly interchangeable imo.

4, Ko Simpson started at FS for almost the whole year on a secondary that was in the top ten in pass defense, so tell me how horrible he was (certainly like all rookies he made mistakes but its hard to say he "didn't show squat" and was "badly overmatched all year").

5, Brad Butler? Who knows.

6, Ellison, if you were not impressed with contribution this year, then I don't know what games you were watching. Is he big enough to hold up in a 16 game season year in and year out? Who knows, we'll see, but it sounds like you are nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. He is certainly on the smaller side for sure, there is no denying that.

7, Pennington, say what you want, but the kid held his own out there. Of course he got lots of help, but for a 7th round pick thrown into the fire, he certainly did a decent job. now whether he is the answer at RT is yet to be seen, certainly i think he should be given a fair shot at it, although if another RT comes along i certainly wouldn't be adverse to competition/an upgrade.

not to defend modrak, but i challenge you to pick ten teams' 2002 and 2003 drafts randomly and inform us what the average is of actual impact players. i'd be shocked if it's more than 2.0 on average, and i'd bet it's closer to 1.5.

My concern is the Buffalo Bills and the lack of talent on both sides of tha ball AND reserves! It's not happening via draft or free agency? Average players on a below .500 team. Look at the New Orleans Saints!!! It can be done and shouldn't take six now seven years!!!

My concern is the Buffalo Bills and the lack of talent on both sides of tha ball AND reserves! It's not happening via draft or free agency? Average players on a below .500 team. Look at the New Orleans Saints!!! It can be done and shouldn't take six now seven years!!!

You realize you are essentially just rehashing the "Donahoe really phucked schit up" argument?

It's also not like the Saints added 46 new players last offseason and magically became a playoff team. Most of their players, obviously excepting Drew Brees, were the same players that played last year on a 3-13 team. Isn't it amazing what a real QB and a REAL COACH can do for a team? Because really Sean Payton was the right coach for the right team at the right time. The cards all fell into place with him. he just seems to fit like a glove. Sean Payton was the biggest addition fo r the Saints this year. no doubt about it.

The point is, we have a new GM now and because the last one left us in such a pisspoor state in terms of coaching and overall talent, it's going to take more than one year to turn the team into a playoff team. The Saints were already poised with a decent amount of talent on both sides of the ball which had been built up over some time. they just needed the Qb and the right coach, both of which they got (Also, the Saints D isn't exactly world class. it's more like their offense is frikkin awesome. they carry that team)

In other words, because donahoe isn't around to take the beating, your new whipping buy is modrak and the other scouts. they don't make the decisions on who to draft/who to sign in free agency. they just provide the info. you say you have all this inside information and that is your ultimate "i really don't have to produce a rational and complete argument" because i KNOW people on the inside and therefore *magic* *magic* modrak sucks. maybe you know people and maybe modrak does suck. but no one is going to buy this schtick when you flaunt it like you are doing in this thread.

You realize you are essentially just rehashing the "Donahoe really phucked schit up" argument?

It's also not like the Saints added 46 new players last offseason and magically became a playoff team. Most of their players, obviously excepting Drew Brees, were the same players that played last year on a 3-13 team. Isn't it amazing what a real QB and a REAL COACH can do for a team? Because really Sean Payton was the right coach for the right team at the right time. The cards all fell into place with him. he just seems to fit like a glove. Sean Payton was the biggest addition fo r the Saints this year. no doubt about it.

The point is, we have a new GM now and because the last one left us in such a pisspoor state in terms of coaching and overall talent, it's going to take more than one year to turn the team into a playoff team. The Saints were already poised with a decent amount of talent on both sides of the ball which had been built up over some time. they just needed the Qb and the right coach, both of which they got (Also, the Saints D isn't exactly world class. it's more like their offense is frikkin awesome. they carry that team)

In other words, because donahoe isn't around to take the beating, your new whipping buy is modrak and the other scouts. they don't make the decisions on who to draft/who to sign in free agency. they just provide the info. you say you have all this inside information and that is your ultimate "i really don't have to produce a rational and complete argument" because i KNOW people on the inside and therefore *magic* *magic* modrak sucks. maybe you know people and maybe modrak does suck. but no one is going to buy this schtick when you flaunt it like you are doing in this thread.

I'll give you the Saints defense and specifically their secondary is vulnerble. I spoke with one of their scouts today and he said match up well with Bears and have a reral chance. They will be hoping for the Pats in the AFC.

Thanks for noticing Drew Bress but you missed quite a bit on the Saints other off season acquisitions.

First year Coach Sean Payton

WR/RB/KR Reggie Bush (thanks to the Texans)!!!!

Draft day trade (Cleveland) to obtain C Jeff Faine

4th Round Draft Pick G Jahari Evens has been a solid year long starter

7th Round Pick (#252) TE/WRMarquis Colston Rookie of the Year Finalist

Sign Mark Campbell from the Bills (solid blocker)

I'll give you the Saints defense and specifically their secondary is vulnerble. I spoke with one of their scouts today and he said match up well with Bears and have a reral chance. They will be hoping for the Pats in the AFC.

Thanks for noticing Drew Bress but you missed quite a bit on the Saints other off season acquisitions.

First year Coach Sean Payton

WR/RB/KR Reggie Bush (thanks to the Texans)!!!!

Draft day trade (Cleveland) to obtain C Jeff Faine

4th Round Draft Pick G Jahari Evens has been a solid year long starter

7th Round Pick (#252) TE/WRMarquis Colston Rookie of the Year Finalist

Sign Mark Campbell from the Bills (solid blocker)

but what you are failing to recognise is that the team had some talent there during last year (Will Smith, Duece, Charles Grant, horn just to name a few). This talent did not perform too well last year as it was a team that was playing road games every week thus giving them a huge disadvantage (especially the "home" game at the meadowlands vs the Giants). Not to mention that they were an 8-8 team in the '04 season, so they were building up the team for a playoff run before last year tragedy. In addition they have drafted very well the past few years(bush, colston, jamal brown, and will smith) not just this year. But you also mentioned trades which typically mortgage out the future to get what you want. So, this would mean that the 'Aints have use more than one years worth of drafting and transactions to get where they are at.

To single out modrak like this is unfair, since he is not the one calling the shots, on some of the stuff you are mentioning (trades, the actual decisions, and free agents. He only has a creative input, so blame the man above him for the failures of the past few years (TD, who was already canned). If Modrak was really considered the problem, he would have been gone at this point last year.

but what you are failing to recognise is that the team had some talent there during last year (Will Smith, Duece, Charles Grant, horn just to name a few). This talent did not perform too well last year as it was a team that was playing road games every week thus giving them a huge disadvantage (especially the "home" game at the meadowlands vs the Giants). Not to mention that they were an 8-8 team in the '04 season, so they were building up the team for a playoff run before last year tragedy. In addition they have drafted very well the past few years(bush, colston, jamal brown, and will smith) not just this year. But you also mentioned trades which typically mortgage out the future to get what you want. So, this would mean that the 'Aints have use more than one years worth of drafting and transactions to get where they are at.

To single out modrak like this is unfair, since he is not the one calling the shots, on some of the stuff you are mentioning (trades, the actual decisions, and free agents. He only has a creative input, so blame the man above him for the failures of the past few years (TD, who was already canned). If Modrak was really considered the problem, he would have been gone at this point last year.

thanks for your post....that not only strengthens my response but helps separate from from other ingnorant critics. Modrak is responsible for the overall evaluation and recommendation of all college and nfl football players. He has no other responsiblity and because of that lives in Florida most of the year. This is the year for the Bills to make a big move in draft and free agency. I'm concerned when they wake Marv Levy during the middle of the draft they make the right decision!!!

thanks for your post....that not only strengthens my response but helps separate from from other ingnorant critics. Modrak is responsible for the overall evaluation and recommendation of all college and nfl football players. He has no other responsiblity and because of that lives in Florida most of the year. This is the year for the Bills to make a big move in draft and free agency. I'm concerned when they wake Marv Levy during the middle of the draft they make the right decision!!!

but the problem is that he does not make the decisions, and Even if they make a lot of moves i still do not beleive that next year is the year. '08 more likely

thanks for your post....that not only strengthens my response but helps separate from from other ingnorant critics. Modrak is responsible for the overall evaluation and recommendation of all college and nfl football players.

Yep, but does he make the actual picks? Do you know for certain that Modrak was the one doing the selection and TD was just in the war room for the photo ops?

I am not bashing Modrak, but he was interviewed about a year/year and a half ago about Mike Williams, and he said he was a huge disappointment for him. He also said that the Williams pick made him realize that the big masher RT was no longer a worth much in today's NFL -- if he can't pass block, he'll get eaten alive. The point is, he said that he learned a lesson. Virtually everyone -- and not just the Bills -- thought that Mike Williams was going to be good, or at least good as a road grading RT.

No doubt, Williams was the "safe" pick at the time. But, he was no different than any other draft pick -- there were some negatives (bum knee, questionable work ethic, lack of conditioning, being billed as "The next Leonard Davis"). Unfortunately, many people looked at the height, weight, and square dance lessons and fell in love with the big, coated in baby fat guy's potential.

:D

No doubt, Williams was the "safe" pick at the time. But, he was no different than any other draft pick -- there were some negatives (bum knee, questionable work ethic, lack of conditioning, being billed as "The next Leonard Davis"). Unfortunately, many people looked at the height, weight, and square dance lessons and fell in love with the big, coated in baby fat guy's potential.

;)

the pick was between S Roy Williams and OT Mike Williams. They both came to Buffalo to meet with team officials and Mike Williams had the better interview. From what I've been told "the smile" was the deciding factor.

Yep, but does he make the actual picks? Do you know for certain that Modrak was the one doing the selection and TD was just in the war room for the photo ops?

the front office was a mess last spring. Everyone was trying figure out their role with the team. Modrak ran the draft, Jauron had a say as far as the defense and type of person for each postion. When they agreed...they woke up Marv to sign off on the pick.

LOL, i just don't understand a post like this unless you're just trying to stir the pot.

There is of course the possibility that I'm just trying to relay an honest opinion on what I've seen from this year's draft class. Is it so hard to understand that others' opinions may differ from your own?

the front office was a mess last spring. Everyone was trying figure out their role with the team. Modrak ran the draft, Jauron had a say as far as the defense and type of person for each postion. When they agreed...they woke up Marv to sign off on the pick.

Man, you're a hoot. I thought your inside info and slam on Modrak was for his contributions during the TD era. Now you're talking about the '06 draft. Your cred is getting weaker by the minute...even if you do know a Colts scout, how would that guy have any knowledge of what happened in the OBD war room last April?

Man, you're a hoot. I thought your inside info and slam on Modrak was for his contributions during the TD era. Now you're talking about the '06 draft. Your cred is getting weaker by the minute...even if you do know a Colts scout, how would that guy have any knowledge of what happened in the OBD war room last April?

RMPL I haven't mention TD at all!! My concern is with Modrak and his inability to identify football players (FA or college) who will be successful as Buffalo Bills!!!

So you don't think scouts and front office people talk to each other (in and out of season)?

It's halftime, I need to make a phone call!!!

RMPL I haven't mention TD at all!! My concern is with Modrak and his inability to identify football players (FA or college) who will be successful as Buffalo Bills!!!

So you don't think scouts and front office people talk to each other (in and out of season)?

It's halftime, I need to make a phone call!!!

So answer post #91 for me.

(And I'm real sure your close friend had a pipeline to the 2006 war room....uh huh)

you DO realize that the saints had 28 new players on the roster this year, dont you?