fire Modrak

bluenews

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue the draft was not very good!!

How about this....

Instead of making one sentence inflammatory pronouncements you actually unfurl something resembling a cogent and thoughtful argument that others might be able to respond to? :cry:

THE SKY IS FALLING/LYNCH THE BASTARD is not a cogent and thoughtful argument, btw

That's the beauty of this board. For every expert opinion there is an equal and opposite expert opinion, and it's full of experts!

modrak is head of scouting but as i see it its not the college scouting but the pro personel dept.. ie.. john guy/ thats the weakness / we need someone there badly ,, our F A aquistions have been hardly the help we needed and far too many pickups that are gone or going soon..

modrak is head of scouting but as i see it its not the college scouting but the pro personel dept.. ie.. john guy/ thats the weakness / we need someone there badly ,, our F A aquistions have been hardly the help we needed and far too many pickups that are gone or going soon..

The funny thing is that based on the "NAME" free agents that were available last year, many of us would argue that the Browns had the best off-season last year. How's that look now? Some of the guys that we picked up were under the radar -- but made decent contributions: K Thomas, R Royal, Fowler. Thus, given the bang-for-buck, I'm not so sure that Guy didn't do such a good job.

I will admit that I find it curious that Modrak is allowed to work from 'home'. I hope much of his time is spent on the road reviewing top prospects or reviewing filum at the place of his choosing. I guess/trust that there is a reason for him to still be here, well, not OBD here, but on the payroll here. Sometimes blind faith is all you gots to go on.

Idiotic post. Modrak is probably responsible for the better picks we've had. We know that Donahoe was responsible, and probably exacted veto power over objections, for Mike Williams and Willis McGahee. Both inconsistent players who are motivated by the wrong things, love of the game not being among them.

+1. QFT. Word.

The follow three people work for Tom Modrak and are responsible for supplying the line of talent at One Bills Drive and have failed in teir duties.

John Guy Director of Pro Personnel

Doug Majeski Coordinator of College Scouting

Marc Ross National College Scout

Idiotic post. Modrak is probably responsible for the better picks we've had. We know that Donahoe was responsible, and probably exacted veto power over objections, for Mike Williams and Willis McGahee. Both inconsistent players who are motivated by the wrong things, love of the game not being among them.

I am not bashing Modrak, but he was interviewed about a year/year and a half ago about Mike Williams, and he said he was a huge disappointment for him. He also said that the Williams pick made him realize that the big masher RT was no longer a worth much in today's NFL -- if he can't pass block, he'll get eaten alive. The point is, he said that he learned a lesson. Virtually everyone -- and not just the Bills -- thought that Mike Williams was going to be good, or at least good as a road grading RT.