Pretend I am the new owner of the Bills

Good idea, but I'm not sending America's game to Canada.

Although I'm over there drinking a lot, I hate Canadians, and they have their own damn football league.

Sure, let's sell the naming rights, call it NBC stadium so they pla every game of ours on V..

Don't let these !@#$ers in the media tell you we're doomed here, Buffalo, if given the chance, will have a long, successful life in Buffalo.

If it wasn't for Canadians you'd probably sit at home watching 16 blacked out games a year instead of 4.

Stuff it, asswipe.

If you want the Bills in Buffalo, work out a deal with the border that gets you quicker crossing if you have valid Bills tickets to show (there and back)

Also, get a new freaking stadium (the Ralph is a joke), and make the cheap-ass fans pay regular prices to watch a game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Ted Rogers wouldn't be willing to upgrade the facility again like he just did for the Jays this year if it meant having a NFL franchise in it?

Also, Whats the Capacity of the Rogers Centre then? was under the impression it was close to 70-80 thousand and you don't lose any for football. (not sure on this, I have only watched ball games in there, no Argos games.

And yes, building a stadium in any other Southern Ontario area (especially in Niagara probably won't happen unless the team is shared accross Niagara and is built primarily by an independent company, maybe that guy who owns the Steelback Brewery that wanted to buy Ottawas CFL team, or the Penguins and build them a new arena would be interested?)

Putting a new stadium closer to Rochester isn't going to bring in many more fans, probably not more then it would lose by moving farther away from the border. Putting a stadium in the city (maybe on the waterfront?) would be a better option because it a. brings people into the city, and b. may bring in more Canadaian fans, and possibly Canadian buisness support

The key is not how many fans can be drawn.

The key to being competitive is corporate sponsors paying big money for luxury boxes and suites and funidng other revenue streams.

The problem in Buffalo is that there is no source of corporate cash. The County as the largest employer is not pumping money into luxury boxes.

If you want the Bills in Buffalo, work out a deal with the border that gets you quicker crossing if you have valid Bills tickets to show (there and back)

There is something called Nexxus at the US/Canada border. You get pre-screened, and you get a card that basically lets you go in easy. That would make border crossing easier.

PTR

If it wasn't for Canadians you'd probably sit at home watching 16 blacked out games a year instead of 4.

Stuff it, asswipe.

Also, get a new freaking stadium (the Ralph is a joke), and make the cheap-ass fans pay regular prices to watch a game.

Let me guess, you are Canadian?

Im just gonna throw thisout there but, isn't there another successfull sports team in the area? O yeaa the Sabres. They're gonna have 3 charter busses going down to Columbus this saturday because all home games are being sold out. I wonder how they are doing this and the Bills can't.....oh wait they are constantly the number 1 or 2 team on the ESPN power rankings. They were almost bankrupt a few years ago and now they are one of the top teams in the nhl in merchandise sales. All they had to do was go deep into the playoffs. The Bills can stay in Buffalo if they have a successfull team. Theres another team showing that it's possible in the area. I wonder how many times I heard that the Bills were leaving in the past couple of years and fans buying season tickets to do their part in the team staying. Ralph Wilson has been the teams owner for alot of years and most of those years I'm sure the NFL wasn't as popular and he wasn't making as much money with the shared revenue deals and TV deals they have now. All the Bills need to do is to put the team in a successfull position and all this talk of leaving will........leave.

oh yea.......go to hell. Your idea was stupid

Im just gonna throw thisout there but, isn't there another successfull sports team in the area? O yeaa the Sabres. They're gonna have 3 charter busses going down to Columbus this saturday because all home games are being sold out. I wonder how they are doing this and the Bills can't.....oh wait they are constantly the number 1 or 2 team on the ESPN power rankings. They were almost bankrupt a few years ago and now they are one of the top teams in the nhl in merchandise sales. All they had to do was go deep into the playoffs. The Bills can stay in Buffalo if they have a successfull team. Theres another team showing that it's possible in the area. I wonder how many times I heard that the Bills were leaving in the past couple of years and fans buying season tickets to do their part in the team staying. Ralph Wilson has been the teams owner for alot of years and most of those years I'm sure the NFL wasn't as popular and he wasn't making as much money with the shared revenue deals and TV deals they have now. All the Bills need to do is to put the team in a successfull position and all this talk of leaving will........leave.

oh yea.......go to hell. Your idea was stupid

Filling the stadium is not the driving force to keeping the team.

In addition to a full house, they also need to geneate an ADDITIONAL $100 million to compete on a level playing field with the big boys. A good poriton of that difference used to be made up by revenue sharing. But under teh new CBA, the difference has grown -not shrunk.

A few buses to Columbus should cover the bill.

For a new stadium, I would seriously negotiate with the guy from the Steelback brewery in Toronto. He was ready to fund a new arena for the penguins if he bought them just so he could have the naming rights (Steelback Arena) and be able to advertise his beer there, and serve it at concession stands.

Its a Canadian Micro brewery and the beer can't be any worse the Bud or Coors light

Maybe he would be willing to build a new stadium downtown for a part ownership in the Bills?

Another option for a relocation into Canada would be Hamilton. Nobody would miss the CFL's Tigercats if they folded and they could build a new stadium right on top of where Ivor Winn stadium is now. Its a much larger city then St Catharines (which as I said earlier has no room to build a new stadium) and is about midway between Toronto and Buffalo, and could bring in people from Guelph, Waterloo (Maybe Basillie, the guy who created the Blackberry, and was going to buy the Penguins would be interested in a part ownership) and other areas.

The problem with relocating anywhere in the Upstate New York area is that they usually already have fans from other teams that are not likely to convert becauser the Bills moved closer, and not many new fans to increase the fan base. moving them farther North brings them into uncharted territory for the NFL and can bring in some new fans. Especially if the Bills replaced the TiCats. As bad as the Bills have been, they would be considered many notches above the TiCats who are like the Lions or Cardinals of the CFL

All the Bills need to do is be a good team and all their troubles will magically go away, right? But how do we get good when we can't pay the going rate for coaches, scouting staffs, etc? Teams like New England and Dallas use their non-shared revenue to spend teams like Buffalo under the table. Yes there's a salary cap on players, but not on coaches, facilities, and front office staff.

Oh and for the people who point to the Sabres, wasn't there just an article in the Buffalo News saying we may lose Briere and Drury, our two best players, next season because we can't afford them, even though the Sabres sell out every game?

PTR

I absolutely agree that needing more corporate boxes with more corporate sponsors is the problem- Ralph has said it himself. Maybe the answer is to market the Bills in the NYC metro area. The BIlls are, after all, the only team in NY state!! And BUffalo is just a short plane trip away by corporate jet should some big NYC company want to treat their employees to a box seat as a corporate perk.... would a name change to the WNY BIlls or Upstate NY Bills facilitate this?

The key is not how many fans can be drawn.

The key to being competitive is corporate sponsors paying big money for luxury boxes and suites and funidng other revenue streams.

The problem in Buffalo is that there is no source of corporate cash. The County as the largest employer is not pumping money into luxury boxes.

I absolutely agree that needing more corporate boxes with more corporate sponsors is the problem- Ralph has said it himself. Maybe the answer is to market the Bills in the NYC metro area. The BIlls are, after all, the only team in NY state!! And BUffalo is just a short plane trip away by corporate jet should some big NYC company want to treat their employees to a box seat as a corporate perk.... would a name change to the WNY BIlls or Upstate NY Bills facilitate this?

I think they should team up with JetBlue to advertise group rates and a shuttle to the stadium (the way they tried to do with trains in from out of town). I'm sure they could come up with a great package to take advantage of the thousands of NYC area fans, and do a 'Bills fans' flight or two. It pretty much ends up being that way anyway.

1. Steal Promo's 5 billion dollars. :P

2. Purchase team from Ralph Wiggam Wilson.

3. Hire a few separate engineering firms to scope Ralph Wiggam Stadium on the viability of the continuation of playing football games in said stadium.

4. Negotiate new 20-year, iron clad (no move) lease with crooked County Executive. Team remains in comfortable, well-weathered blue collar stadium. Change name of stadium to "Buffalo Bills Stadium".

5. Remove all benches from upper decks and replace with individual seats/cupholders.

6. Remove fake turf and replace with natural grass surface.

7. Remove craptastical uniform and replace with permanent throwbacks, retaining present logo to be place at mid-field and on white football helmets.

8. Install beer kegs in the Rockpile section to keep fans happy. Install Port-a-Potties in Rockpile section for soused fans who cannot make it to the bathroom. Also provides entertainment for the more sober fans sitting elsewhere.

9. Chalkie G. proclaimed greatest savior of WNY since Tom Golisano, or possibly the visit by the Marquis de Lafayette.

:unsure::devil::lol:

Stuff it, asswipe.

Might be better to close the border on Sundays and on all days when the Leafs play the Sabres in Buffalo.

8. Install beer kegs in the Rockpile section to keep fans happy. Install Port-a-Potties in Rockpile section for soused fans who cannot make it to the bathroom. Also provides entertainment for the more sober fans sitting elsewhere.

:unsure::devil::lol:

I agree with everything except this part, you'd have to make the port-o-potties open air so that while watching everyone go to the bathroom we could also heave things at them.

how about the New York State Bills ?

Take the giants and jets to court , make them get rid of the NY and make them put NJ in front of the jets and giants names .

now that would be outstanding

or

The "New York Buffalo Bills of Niagra and Canada"

they could just make a stadium at the bottom of the stupid falls

I just wish they'd fill them in anyway.

There is something called Nexxus at the US/Canada border. You get pre-screened, and you get a card that basically lets you go in easy. That would make border crossing easier.

PTR

Thats fine if its only you crossing, but don't you need a Nexus pass for everyone crossing in the vehicle with you?

Otherwise I think I just found a leak in your national security