Sean Payton...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Payton almost lost the game for the Saints by not running Duece enough in the first 3 quarters,,,,he was forcing the ball to Bush and passing way more then he needed to

the NFC in general is just pathetic...havent been impressed with any of their teams yet

Payton almost lost the game for the Saints by not running Duece enough in the first 3 quarters,,,,he was forcing the ball to Bush and passing way more then he needed to

the NFC in general is just pathetic...havent been impressed with any of their teams yet

As opposed to the games the afc has put out like the classic 7 fg shootout between the colts/ravens :w00t: The nfc playoffs have been better games to watch so far then anything from the afc.

Yet another coach the Bills could have had. :w00t:

So I guess the fact Payton interviewed with the Saints, and then cancelled his meeting with Marv and the Bills because he was so impressed by the Saints he took the job is Marv's fault too?

head coach to head coach, id take jauron myself.

especially heading into this season.

yep, I completely agree with you on that one

Peyton had gold (amazing talent) to work with this season and an NFC schedule.

Jauron had questionable talent at almost every position, managed to bring the team together, kept them together through a 2-5 start and still finished with 7 wins despite the hardest schedule in the NFL.

Props to Jauron, this team would have won 2 games with anyone else

I'd take Payton. He was my pick before the season, he goes on to win coach of the year...I think that justifies him remaining as my top pick out of the group that was available.

3-13 team to conference championships? Sorry, results talk.

I was unimpressed with his game management. Twice he should have gone for the 2 pt conversion and kicked the XP. Luckily the Eagles only got a FG and not a touchdown to make it 27-24. Also, I think he was very fortunate at times in that game. I still think that Greggo could have coached New Orleans to win this season. They are the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2006.

I was unimpressed with his game management. Twice he should have gone for the 2 pt conversion and kicked the XP. Luckily the Eagles only got a FG and not a touchdown to make it 27-24. Also, I think he was very fortunate at times in that game. I still think that Greggo could have coached New Orleans to win this season. They are the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2006.

You couldn't be more wrong. He played the 2-pt vs XP thing just right by waiting until he really needed to go for 2 (as it turns out, he didn't need to and those sure-thing XPs he took instead gave them a crucial 3-pt lead instead of a 1-pt or 2-pt lead at the end of the game). And this Saints team has nowhere near the talent of the Steelers last year. Gregg Williams - LOL.

Yet another coach the Bills could have had. :w00t:

Joe, let's complain 24/7. OK? BUT, our coaching staff did a very good job with this team, especially wrt keeping JP in the pocket and forcing him to learn the game. This one thing alone is going to help JP and the Bills for many years to come, or so I hope.

Moving Peters to LT provided JP with a fairly safe blindside for the first time since Will Wolford.

Brother, the Bills provide many reasons for legit complaints, but in the sense of keeping it real, I am thinking that coaching is not one of them.

I think if Payton was here we wouldnt have done as well as we did with Jauronthis season....

As well as if Jauron was in NO..I dont think they do as well as they did with Payton....

right place, right person, right time....

goes both ways here in my opinion

3 pt lead, 3 minutes left, 2nd and 7 with McAlister running on the Eagles well and you pitch the ball in the backfield instead of just handing it off--you would have been spitting on Jauron if he did that and the opponent ended up with the ball..

You couldn't be more wrong. He played the 2-pt vs XP thing just right by waiting until he really needed to go for 2 (as it turns out, he didn't need to and those sure-thing XPs he took instead gave them a crucial 3-pt lead instead of a 1-pt or 2-pt lead at the end of the game). And this Saints team has nowhere near the talent of the Steelers last year. Gregg Williams - LOL.

The Steelers did not have talent...they had Jerome Bettis. When will people realize that the NFL is about marketing? Do you still think that the Steelers won the SB? Or do you believe that the referees gave them the SB? This year, the NFL marketing gurus have Reggie Bush and the Katrina story to sell. And the US is buying it hook like and sinker. New Orelans with less talent than many teams will be in the SB, and probably will win it.