Marshawn Lynch at 12

Before Willis made an even bigger fool of himself, I was thinking about this. Now it's just a must. In my opinion, we need firepower to compete. Our defense could use a little bit of help (especially in the middle), but our lack of points on the board and lack of a running game was even more of a problem.

RB is one of the few positions in that can make an immediate impact straight from college. Ask Laurence Maroney, Maurice Drew, Joseph Addai, and Reggie Bush. With Willis on the last leg of his contract and fast becoming an emberassment/headache, I think it's time we draft a premier RB. While a lot of people are clamoring for Adrian Peterson, the unfortunate reality is that he won't be there at 12.

However, Marshawn Lynch (whom I like even better than Peterson) most likely will be. He's a much better reciever than Willis, faster, runs harder and isn't prone to injury. Don't get me wrong, I think Willis is a decent back. But I think we need an upgrade at the position. I'd love to see the Willis/Marshawn combination next season (see Dillon/Maroney or Taylor/Drew).

Here's some footage on Lynch for the uninformed: http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Before Willis made an even bigger fool of himself, I was thinking about this. Now it's just a must. In my opinion, we need firepower to compete. Our defense could use a little bit of help (especially in the middle), but our lack of points on the board and lack of a running game was even more of a problem.

RB is one of the few positions in that can make an immediate impact straight from college. Ask Laurence Maroney, Maurice Drew, Joseph Addai, and Reggie Bush. With Willis on the last leg of his contract and fast becoming an emberassment/headache, I think it's time we draft a premier RB. While a lot of people are clamoring for Adrian Peterson, the unfortunate reality is that he won't be there at 12.

However, Marshawn Lynch (whom I like even better than Peterson) most likely will be. He's a much better reciever than Willis, faster, runs harder and isn't prone to injury. Don't get me wrong, I think Willis is a decent back. But I think we need an upgrade at the position. I'd love to see the Willis/Marshawn combination next season (see Dillon/Maroney or Taylor/Drew).

Here's some footage on Lynch for the uninformed: http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

I don't think there's ever a need for a premier RB. As to me RB are a dime a dozen. Guys like Tatum Bell, Travis Henry, Clinton Portis and Tiki Barber have been picked in the 2nd Round. Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook and Ahman Green have been found in the 3rd Round. To me we don't have a need at RB but gladly take someone like Tony Hunt in Round 3 this year for depth purposes and likely replace McGahee if he's lost in free agency.

Damn another one of these little kid posts. Have you been watching the Bills games the past few years?? We need D-line help, O-line help and a MLB. If our first rounder isn't 1 of those 3 then Levy should be fired of old age.

Oh so easy for you to say, considering that you forget if Clements is gone then we have a huge gaping hole at starting CB. We may have to draft a 1st round CB for example. Don't let your eagerness to flame someone disregard some of the other details. The point is lots of things can happen between now and the draft that may produce needs/resolve needs for drafting a certain player at round 1.

Damn another one of these little kid posts. Have you been watching the Bills games the past few years?? We need D-line help, O-line help and a MLB. If our first rounder isn't 1 of those 3 then Levy should be fired of old age.

The problem is that there might not be a player at any of those positions available worth drafting that high. Alan Branch might not still be there when we pick at 12. What inside backer do you see as worth the 12th pick in the draft? What DT would you take at 12 besides Branch? Amobi Okoye, Quinn Pittock? There are some good OT prospects but is that where we want to go given the development of Pennington? I would think G or C would be the more likely candidates and there isn't a guy at either spot that would be worth the 12th pick.

Lynch is a special player and there are good prospects at G and DT in the second round. I think he could be as good as LT and if you have a shot at a guy this good, you take him and worry about need later. That is what the second and third rounds are for.

Oh so easy for you to say, considering that you forget if Clements is gone then we have a huge gaping hole at starting CB. We may have to draft a 1st round CB for example. Don't let your eagerness to flame someone disregard some of the other details. The point is lots of things can happen between now and the draft that may produce needs/resolve needs for drafting a certain player at round 1.

Right, hard to say what our "needs" are at this point. We will have to wait and see what happens with free agency first.

I think this draft has a lot of good CB's, so many that we might even find a starter in the second round. I think they like Kiwaukee to hold down the fort until Youboty is ready for prime time.

Marv loves DB's but I also think he'd jump at the chance to get a dual threat back like Thurman, er...um..*cough*...I mean Marshall Lynch.

I like the fact that he is a good receiver as well. It seems like a Fairchild/hybrid STL offense needs a good receiver out of the backfield ala faulk. that would help out our whole offense. they also split him off at WR at Cal as well. i don't see us taking him at 12 but it's hard to deny his talent.

The first round pick needs to be an impact player. It could be a wide receiver, runningback, defensive tackle, offensive lineman, linebacker or a cornerback. But whatever the pick is, it needs to be the player that will give the Bills the best opportunity to put them over the the top in the quickest amount of time. All bets are off with that pick.

If they pick Lynch as that guy then so be it because Willis won't be in a Bills uniform after next season (see: poor performance, character issues). There will still be 6 other picks left to be made, the front office already proved they can find talent in the later rounds.

I like Lynch but I would have liked to have seen a little more of him moving the pile and breaking tackles in that video, not saying he cant do that but most of those runs started with holes that I could run through. He did put some nice moves on defenders but he wont be running in the open field as much in the NFL as he did in college

RBs can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and they can perform just as good as a guy picked in the first round. Its one of the easier positions to fill on an NFL team

The DT from Michigan will hopefully be wearing a Bills uniform next year

If the player is still there this is who we need to take:

Branch DT

Okoye DT

Willis LB

Leon Hall CB, if Nate does not resign

These are our needs. Now I cant really see taking a guard at that spot just because I dont think there is anyone there worth the 12 spot. This is contingent on what we do in FA but I dont see us grabbing a game changing DT in FA. I would not be against grabbing Lynch if things start to falter the way of Mcgahee, lets give him a better line, plus JP has control of the game plan now and it will help to balance the offense. I would not extend him though, make him play out his deal and then reward him if he excels. I think he will step up and be a player, if not there is always someone who will.

If the player is still there this is who we need to take:

Branch DT

Okoye DT

Willis LB

Leon Hall CB, if Nate does not resign

These are our needs. Now I cant really see taking a guard at that spot just because I dont think there is anyone there worth the 12 spot. This is contingent on what we do in FA but I dont see us grabbing a game changing DT in FA. I would not be against grabbing Lynch if things start to falter the way of Mcgahee, lets give him a better line, plus JP has control of the game plan now and it will help to balance the offense. I would not extend him though, make him play out his deal and then reward him if he excels. I think he will step up and be a player, if not there is always someone who will.

Okoye is just another 3 tech DT of which we already have two, McCargo and Tripplett. Willis would be fine but I don't think he is a difference maker which I'd like to see with the 12th pick.

Okoye is just another 3 tech DT of which we already have two, McCargo and Tripplett. Willis would be fine but I don't think he is a difference maker which I'd like to see with the 12th pick.

Willis is probably the best LB to come out in 5 years. He will be a difference maker. The guy ran down Macpherson from Arkansas, probably the best runnig back in college. Led the SEC in tackles 2 strait years and runsin the 4.4 range and he can cover.

I agree. Lets get our run stuffing DT (Terdell Dands) in FA, cut Tim Anderson, who is useless and put ourselves in position to draft an "impact" player. Ultimately, if either Lynch or Peterson falls to us at 12, we should take him and groom him to over the reigns once Willis departs for greener pastures via FA.

People think that RB isn't a need and we have other holes that need to be filled. If you look around the NFL today, Running Back by committee is becoming the "vogue" thing to do and has proven to be sucessful. Change of pace backs are CRUCIAL to the type of offense we will be running in an environment such as Buffalo. You want to be a successful offense, you draft a RB, OLine, and a TE. Everyone wants a tall WR, but I think that would be much more of a luxury pick than RB.

gladly take someone like Tony Hunt in Round 3 this year for depth purposes and likely replace McGahee if he's lost in free agency.

I sure as hell hope not. Tony Hunt may very well possibly be the slowest rb ever. Nothing to do with Penn State bucks Hunt makes Maurice Clarrett look like reggie bush. I'd prefer Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd. May not be an everydown type back but he's a big play threat and great receiver. Would make a nice 1-2 punch with mcgahee for willis's contract year.

some of yall are underrating Marshawn....The dude is a power runner with great agility, who has the speed to break long runs....and oh yea he has the best hands in the draft(at RB).....

He's an explosive player....and if he fell in our laps...I'd hope the Bills would have enough sense to jump on him.....The dude is the next Marshall Faulk...

Ok first of all I was the original "hey we need O-line and D-line" and I wanted Ngata- history- now I want Terdell Sands DT and Adalius Thomas LB and to resign Clements- IN the draft I want Marshawn Lynch, I want to trade Willis and a pick to get Detroit"s second round pick and use that for a WR, hopefully Robert Meachem- I think Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett will be gone but 2 out following Rice, Meachem, Bowe, or Samardzija will still be there- after that I'm looking best OG, LB, DB- to many I say stop fighting yesterday's battle.

Ok first of all I was the original "hey we need O-line and D-line" and I wanted Ngata- history- now I want Terdell Sands DT and Adalius Thomas LB and to resign Clements- IN the draft I want Marshawn Lynch, I want to trade Willis and a pick to get Detroit"s second round pick and use that for a WR, hopefully Robert Meachem- I think Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett will be gone but 2 out following Rice, Meachem, Bowe, or Samardzija will still be there- after that I'm looking best OG, LB, DB- to many I say stop fighting yesterday's battle.

I think Meachum will be gone by the time (if your senario holds true) we pick in the 2nd round. The guy I like in the 2nd (if we decide to go WR) would be Dwayne Bowe out of LSU.

I sure as hell hope not. Tony Hunt may very well possibly be the slowest rb ever. Nothing to do with Penn State bucks Hunt makes Maurice Clarrett look like reggie bush. I'd prefer Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd. May not be an everydown type back but he's a big play threat and great receiver. Would make a nice 1-2 punch with mcgahee for willis's contract year.

I remember a few years ago a slow RB coming out of PSU a few years ago who ran a 4.62 forty. I thought he was destined to be a bust in the NFL but I was wrong as his name was Larry Johnson. Booker is interesting but to me as you said will likely never be an every down back in the NFL. That's why I like Hunt better as looking him to eventually replace McGahee as a 20-25 carry type back who's also a guy that can make a catch out of the backfield too. To me he represents a younger Anthony Thomas.

I think Meachum will be gone by the time (if your senario holds true) we pick in the 2nd round. The guy I like in the 2nd (if we decide to go WR) would be Dwayne Bowe out of LSU.

I think Bowe's the 4th best WR in the draft behind Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn. I don't think he'll be available with our 2nd pick as see him more likely as going in the latter part of Round 1 to a team like the Titans or Chiefs.

I think Bowe's the 4th best WR in the draft behind Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn. I don't think he'll be available with our 2nd pick as see him more likely as going in the latter part of Round 1 to a team like the Titans or Chiefs.

Granted, we are still a month and a half away from the combine, but a lot of sites I've seen have him ranked as the 6th best WR in this draft behind your top 3 (even though Ginn, Jr. has yet to announce), Meachum and Smardzijda.

If Bowe is not available, another WR I like is Dallas Baker out of Florida who possesses similar size and has played 4 years in the competition rich SEC.