Need at TE

DevilsAlum

I still think Robert Royal is a better TE then most of you think! Yeah I know, he had a dropped ball here and there, and that TD he should have had against the Titans, but....hes made alot of plays this year and hes been big in the redzone. I think he will get better once the OL is playing better and he dont have to stay in and block.

I'd love to see the bills go after this guy Zach Miller

This guys career @ ASU was leaps and bounds above previous ASU tight end Todd Heap and he turned out alright

However, I might be somewhat biased and have completely forgotton about Eric Flowers :thumbsup:

I think I saw Flowers at a TBD tailgate....

I still think Robert Royal is a better TE then most of you think! Yeah I know, he had a dropped ball here and there, and that TD he should have had against the Titans, but....hes made alot of plays this year and hes been big in the redzone. I think he will get better once the OL is playing better and he dont have to stay in and block.

I agree--we're set at TE.

Greg Olsen- Miami- 6'5" 252lbs w/ 4.65-70 40yd time

Zach Miller- Arizona St.- 6'5" 259lbs w/ 4.65 40yd time

Joe Newton- Oregon St.- 6'7" 256lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

Scott Chandler- Iowa- 6'7" 257lbs w/ 4.70-75 40yd time

Matt Spaeth- Minnesota- 6'7" 265lbs w/ 4.80-85 40yd time

Clark Harris- Rutgers- 6'6" 260lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

Matt Herrian- Nebraska- 6'5" 245lbs w/ 4.70-4.75 40yd time

Tyler Ecker- Michigan- 6'6" 251lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

These guys are probably what we REALLY have to choose from in this year's draft. My top 3 would be Miller, Chandler, and then Olsen. But that's just me. I think the others could surely turn out to be quality NFL players as well. None of them are a sure bet to be great though.

Can he play defensive tackle? If not pass on him and get the defensive tackle we need...we are going well into the playoffs next year and if we are going to be successful we have to stop the run...first and foremost. After that we have to protect the passer. After that we can draft "nice" positions like tight end and linebacker and running back.

I'd say so too. There are some teams that prominently feature a TE in their pass offense...NE, NYG, ATL, SD, KC come to mind. But most don't.

And O.C. Fairfield's offenses in STL didn't.

But we are not running the St. Louis offense....I hope we make a run for Daniel Graham....

But we are not running the St. Louis offense....I hope we make a run for Daniel Graham....

he'd be just a slight upgrade over royal, in my opinion.

It's funny how Royal's great second half of the season has been totally discounted based on one play in the Titans game. Recall the week before that game, the media was proclaiming Royal as the Bills's answer at TE.

Royal looked great down the stretch--even for most of the Titans game. He can give us excellent production from that spot--i.e., 30-40 yards of receiving per game.

he'd be just a slight upgrade over royal, in my opinion.

It's funny how Royal's great second half of the season has been totally discounted based on one play in the Titans game. Recall the week before that game, the media was proclaiming Royal as the Bills's answer at TE.

Royal looked great down the stretch--even for most of the Titans game. He can give us excellent production from that spot--i.e., 30-40 yards of receiving per game.

I am not discounting Royals team...But I think having two good TEs will be better....Until we get that quality 2nd WR, we might be better off running 2-TE sets more often....

Assuming he will have other suitors, you wouldn't want to pay the price unless you plan to use the TE as a receiver a fair amount.

The teams that do have other substantial threats...LT, Tiki Barber, Vick's running, Larry Johnson, Brady/Dillon/Monroney etc.

Nothing is cast in stone, of course, but IMO other needs press.

Add Jonny Harline from BYU. Not many people know about him yet but he'll get drafted, imo, and be one of the better TEs from this draft.

Greg Olsen- Miami- 6'5" 252lbs w/ 4.65-70 40yd time

Zach Miller- Arizona St.- 6'5" 259lbs w/ 4.65 40yd time

Joe Newton- Oregon St.- 6'7" 256lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

Scott Chandler- Iowa- 6'7" 257lbs w/ 4.70-75 40yd time

Matt Spaeth- Minnesota- 6'7" 265lbs w/ 4.80-85 40yd time

Clark Harris- Rutgers- 6'6" 260lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

Matt Herrian- Nebraska- 6'5" 245lbs w/ 4.70-4.75 40yd time

Tyler Ecker- Michigan- 6'6" 251lbs w/ 4.75-80 40yd time

These guys are probably what we REALLY have to choose from in this year's draft. My top 3 would be Miller, Chandler, and then Olsen. But that's just me. I think the others could surely turn out to be quality NFL players as well. None of them are a sure bet to be great though.

The thing about drafting Miller is that it likely helps out three ways. It would probably significantly lessen the need for a #2 WR to play opposite Evans because Miller is huge and he's very athletic for his size. He could be the third down and red zone target we're looking for out of a big possession type WR. (Not saying play him at Wr, just that he can do that role and do it well). He also would help out a lot in the running game with a two TE offense, as he can block well. And Fairchild could devise ways to get him isolated on LBs, as teams wouldn't know whether he was going to line up inside or outside. 4.65 may not seem all that fast but he can move and he's very big. Great hands. Makes big plays. Still young and getting better.

I'm with ganesh on this one. Weaken a division rival and strenghten a position of our own without using a valuble draft pick. Not only is Graham an underrated reciever, he is one of the top 3 BLOCKING TE's in the NFL. The need for a big #2 reciever wouldn't be that great anymore as well, which I really don't think it is anyways........Fix the lines with our early picks and maybe go WR or RB in the 3rd! :flirt: