Bills may host 2007 Regular Season game in Europe

MikeH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Britain has a flourishing American Football league with over 35 teams, and hundreds of thousands of fans.

Hé Nick if it's in London i count on you to get me 5 or 6 tickets for me and my friends!! Because it's gonna be the hottest tickets in Europe last fall!!! They gonna sell them in 2 hours!! Compared with the old American Bowls 15 years ago the NFL 's gonna see how much the popularity of the league has boomed everywhere on the Old Continent!

Hé Nick if it's in London i count on you to get me 5 or 6 tickets for me and my friends!! Because it's gonna be the hottest tickets in Europe last fall!!! They gonna sell them in 2 hours!! Compared with the old American Bowls 15 years ago the NFL 's gonna see how much the popularity of the league has boomed everywhere on the Old Continent!

No sweat. if it is London i'll have about 40 or 50 tickets to get all my friends and family there!! kidding - but Bills Backers Uk would definately order en masse.

Why not just have one game at the Ralph and seven others around the globe????? It could be a goodwill tour......games in London, Moscow, Jakarta, Shanghai, Calcutta, Rio de Janiero and Brisbane........

9 to 10 months later, we'll see articles about Willis having baby mama's in London, Moscow, Jakarta, Shanghai, Calcutta, Rio de Janiero and Brisbane...

No sweat. if it is London i'll have about 40 or 50 tickets to get all my friends and family there!! kidding - but Bills Backers Uk would definately order en masse.

i don't know how they gonna sell those tickets but we'd better keep an eye on this if we don't want to pay them 10 times the price thru some well informed scalpers! I know thousands of french football fans and players who are gonna be ready to pay big bucks to see any NFL game in Europe!

Of course - everyone is welcome who can make it! I'm moving from a 1 bedroom flat to a 2 bedroom flat, so it won't be a snug, but you are all welcome.

Think you'd come over Hammer?

England very possible. My wife has been talking about going back to where her family (Bunker) is from. Her family has been in America before the french/American war. Germany no. Living next to the Ralph I never get to see a whole football game so it might be an idea. How long does it take to get a passport?

England very possible. My wife has been talking about going back to where her family (Bunker) is from. Her family has been in America before the french/American war. Germany no. Living next to the Ralph I never get to see a whole football game so it might be an idea. How long does it take to get a passport?

Passport apps take about 2-3 months I think???

I hope you can come over. It'd be a blast.

If it is in London - I'll officially open up my residence for Kenny to stay with me.

What about moi?

Seriously, I have my passport and enough reward points for the airfare. I will SO be there if it's in London.

Looks like you may have to take responsibililty for an "away" game Nick! Like we do here...block of tickets and negotiate some cheap rates in a nearby hotel.

It's going to happen at some point so might as well be now that the Bills are the home team.

From the Buff News:

"Every team in the league ultimately will get the chance to go abroad under a plan approved by league owners in October. The owners agreed to take up to two regular-season games a year outside the United States, with the possible sites limited at first to Mexico, Canada, England and Germany. There will be one this coming season, and Mexico and Canada were eliminated from consideration with Monday's announcement.

New NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has pushed the idea, saying the benefits of reaching an international audience outweighed the negatives of some teams having to give up home games.

The NFL intends to plan the games so that teams will rotate over a 16-year period, with each team playing outside the country twice over that span, once as a visitor, the other as a home team. That means a team would lose one home game during that span. "

What about moi?

Seriously, I have my passport and enough reward points for the airfare. I will SO be there if it's in London.

Looks like you may have to take responsibililty for an "away" game Nick! Like we do here...block of tickets and negotiate some cheap rates in a nearby hotel.

If it is Buffalo and if it is London I am more than happy to take that task on! It will be a pleasure to host you all.

It's going to happen at some point so might as well be now that the Bills are the home team.

From the Buff News:

"Every team in the league ultimately will get the chance to go abroad under a plan approved by league owners in October. The owners agreed to take up to two regular-season games a year outside the United States, with the possible sites limited at first to Mexico, Canada, England and Germany. There will be one this coming season, and Mexico and Canada were eliminated from consideration with Monday's announcement.

The NFL intends to plan the games so that teams will rotate over a 16-year period, with each team playing outside the country twice over that span, once as a visitor, the other as a home team. That means a team would lose one home game during that span. "

Exactly, let's kill the conspiracy theory but I can understand why some folks would be upset.

Personally, I think this is great - hope they get selected. I am a season ticket holder in VA so I air travel to all the home games I attend anyway. If they play in Europe, I will have to take a few extra days off and make sure my connections go through Amsterdam and include a layover.

I have one problem with this.... Being a season ticket holder with over 10 seats.

Would I have to pay for two preseason games and only get seven home games.

Thats a screw job. If they take away a regular season home game they should make the preseason

3 games away and 1 at home.