WR?

MetsBills

The last place we need help is at wide receiver. Somewhere down our Christmas list is a stud tight end, but we are in a good position to make a playoff run with the receivers we have. Our obvious weaknesses, weaknesses that will keep us, if not from getting to the playoffs, certainly from advancing in the playoffs are stopping the run and pass protection. That means DT, OG and Center options, and possibly a tight end or fullback. I think everyone gets excited about wide receivers and quarterbacks, so they like to look at them first. Let's get down to what we need...power on both sides of the line of scrimmage. We tackle that problem in the draft and free agency, and we'll be ready to make a run for the big enchilada next season!!!

why does everone keep saying they want a wr? we dont need one. every year we draft one and finally they are playing good together. our defense needs upgrading. not our wrs. Go BILLS!

Depends on what is available. If Fletcher is gone then a MLB shoulb be our top proirity. We still are in desperate need of a #2 WR.

I got of the Royal bandwagon after the Titans game and his non-TD catch.

That play (and the hold before) negated an otherwise great game by him. He had a really good first half.

He's just developing into a legit receiving threat--as such, I'm willing to overlook that one mistake and see how far he can take us.

That play (and the hold before) negated an otherwise great game by him. He had a really good first half.

He's just developing into a legit receiving threat--as such, I'm willing to overlook that one mistake and see how far he can take us.

Im not, no excuse not to get your feet down. For a veteran player he looked like sh-t on that play and the one before. I am willing to give him more time because he did make some nice plays this year but he had to seriously redeem himself.

If clements leaves it should be more like

1. CB

2. DT

3. Guard (RG)

4. depth O-linemen

5. depth D-linemen

6. TE to go with Royal (Everett has yet to impress)

7. FB (unless Cieslak gets moved back there if a better TE is found)

8. Big WR (if no TE's are found)

9. RB (to compliment Willis and replace him if he does leave after this year)

10. LB (we already have 3 TKO, Ellison, and Crowell if Fletcher leaves) for depth

CB would be removed or put to the bottom of the list if Clements stays

You win games with Defence, and the Bills D still needs a bit more to win games, the O is good enough not to lose us many games right now.

I got of the Royal bandwagon after the Titans game and his non-TD catch.

I don't think that is a legitimate reason to jump off the bandwagon. ik know ti was a STUPID play and can't be live that he didn't get it down but it didn't cost us a playoff spot or anything. I think he'll make sure to never to do it again. Hopefully he keeps on developing into a very prductive recieving tight end and I agrre with the statement above that Everett be given a fair chance at it. I think he can develop into something.

About the WR, besides Evans, the rest were kind of inconsistent and there is a major dropoff in production from Evans to the rest.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=buf

I like how Peerless played this year. I think he was very dependable. But, i think we need a taller posession reciever to start opposite of Lee to take off the double teams (even though they didn't really stop him anyways). Then put peerless in the slot, and I think that would be very good. I like Josh Reed too, I think he came along very well. The wild card is Roscoe Parrish? I like him as a speed threat and the punt returner but he only had 23 receptions and 2 touchdowns. I like his speed and quickness but he hasn't produced yet on the recieving end.

why does everone keep saying they want a wr? we dont need one. every year we draft one and finally they are playing good together. our defense needs upgrading. not our wrs. Go BILLS!

If you want a truly explosive offense, you need a #2 receiver who simply can't be taken for granted. I like peerless, that is I merely like him, but I don't think he scares any DBs in this league. Parrish is scary but it's hard for him to get off the bump consistently because he weighs eight pounds. Aiken still hasn't established himself as a WR capable of impacting at this level, and Reed you want as your slot guy, particularly when you want the option to run, as he's our best run blocker of the group. You also need a bigger pass catching TE threat than Royal. I like Royal. Merely like him. He dropped enough balls and lost focus enough for me to think that he SHOULD be the #2 TE on the roster. Problem is, we don't have a #1. If we had a Todd Heap on this team Lee Evans would have scored 62 touchdowns. They ALWAYS had their FS shaded to Evans. (And he still smoked 'em). The Bills need to be able to use the middle of the field more often to take pressure off the outside receivers. Fairchild probably wanted Peerless because he's a poor man's Isaac Bruce. That is to say, he's not as good as Bruce. Why would we think that our coaches believe that we have what we truly NEED at #2 WR to get to the playoffs and win there? The numbers don't support it.

I would also rather that the Bills tackle their need for a RG and another C in free agency rather than the draft, unless a can't miss prospect falls to us. Steinbach is a FA and there are others. You don't have the bust risk because they're proven players. I'd re-sign gandy at LG and draft and/or bring in a FA to compete with him. That would solidify depth on the line. I have a really good feeling about Pennington; I can't believe the kid did as well as he did. I was concerned about that. But watch the games and he does a pretty amazing job for a rookie 7th round pick. He's a better right tackle right now than Mike Williams ever was.

If Alan Branch, Mi DT falls to us at 12, I wonder what the Bills do. He was a beast this year. Can he impact immediately? We're going to have a lot of options with all the intriguing QBs coming out this year combining with the QB-less and rudderless teams at the top of the draft. I expect J. Russel will be gone long before the Bills pick (fine with me, we have a QB) and I'm sure Russel has sent Vince Young a fruit basket for instilling confidence in front offices about that TYPE of player. Russel has a pretty amazing arm - a flick of the wrist sends the ball 70 yards like it's a nerf. Hands the size of a head. Somebody is going to draft him high. But I digress. I think the Bills are going to be able to get the guy they want, or be in a position to trade down.

I also think that RB Marshawn Lynch will fall to them, and it'll be interesting to see what they do there. Every team needs two #1 RBs, for injury insurance and to keep them fresh. A Train is an average back and I suspect that if we bring him back he'll be the #3 with S. Williams being released.

I think the priorities this offseason, in no particular order, are G, C, DT, TE, RB, LB, and WR.

Levy said something interesting the other day that really surprised me: There are more undrafted free agents STARTING in the NFL right now than there are 4th round draft picks starting. Certainly sheds some light on the difficulty that is the scouting profession.

If clements leaves it should be more like

1. CB

2. DT

3. Guard (RG)

4. depth O-linemen

5. depth D-linemen

6. TE to go with Royal (Everett has yet to impress)

7. FB (unless Cieslak gets moved back there if a better TE is found)

8. Big WR (if no TE's are found)

9. RB (to compliment Willis and replace him if he does leave after this year)

10. LB (we already have 3 TKO, Ellison, and Crowell if Fletcher leaves) for depth

CB would be removed or put to the bottom of the list if Clements stays

You win games with Defence, and the Bills D still needs a bit more to win games, the O is good enough not to lose us many games right now.

LB is a bit more of a priority than you think.

1 undersized LB and 2 LBs coming off serious injuries in a position that demands speed is not exactly the way to build a strong front 7. Spikes and Crowell may never make it back.

in a weak LB class, don't be surprised if Bills take Patrick Willis with their first pick.

Weak LB play in filling holes is why the run defense was so bad. They could use another big body to play the nose, but lack of quality LB play at the point of attack is a much more glaring need.

LB is a bit more of a priority than you think.

in a weak LB class, don't be surprised if Bills take Patrick Willis with their first pick.

From what I have seen, Willis is a very good player, and a very good kid. The Bills DO need help at LB, and he might be a great pick for this football team.

Peerless Price is not gonna cut it as a #2. We need someone to take some of the pressure off evans. we definitely need a legit #2, although i will admit there are more pressing areas, but it is a big need imo.

A run-stopping DT is THE priority in FA. A new MLB will be useless without a space-eater in front of him. Look at what happened to Urlacher from 2002-2004 when Washington left and before Harris became a force.

Alan Branch....I doubt he'd fall to #12, but I really hope Marv doesn't pass on him if he does.

I think every position needs upgrading except the punter and the placekicker. We don't have anyone near the talent of Lee Evans and having another stud would make the offense very formidable.

That being said, DT must be addressed immediately with 2 or 3 guys not just one. Tripplett is a second tier guy, McCargo an unknown, Anderson a sloth and Williams does not look like starting material (if the goal is to be more than mediocre).

MLB and CB must be addressed if we lose our starters (DUH !!) but to be satisfied with these receivers would be unfortunate for those making personel decisions.