Billy Joe Grossman

what a maroon. this will make bears fans sleep much better.

hahaha maroon, I like that schit.

The best is he lists excuses too..."Only going to play a half, homefield already locked up, it's New Years Eve..." New Years Eve? What the hell was he thinking about? A drunken kiss with Kyle Orton?

Bears fans can take solace in the fact that he's learned from his mistake. :w00t:

Wow. Does he think he's untouchable or something? If Peyton Manning coasted for a meaningless game at the end of the season and performed poorly it wouldn't affect him too much, but doesn't Grossman realize he's under heavy scrutiny?

I posted a thread about them switching two weeks ago. If it happens I fully expect somebody to create a separate thread congratulating me on my prognostication powers. I also think we need try and be less egocentric around here :w00t:

Although I think it would be the wise move, I think Lovie is not going to make the change. I think it's a mistake, though. It's pretty sad when your starting QB is completely outplayed by a guy who goes 5/15, 1 td/2 int.

what a maroon. this will make bears fans sleep much better.

How about his teammates?

Mark Schlereth had a pretty good point about that on NFL Live yesterday -- how would you feel if you were a Bears o-lineman, busting your tail trying to protect your QB (who plays like crap), and afterwards he says he didn't think the game was worth preparing for?

Marv and JB whacked Hobert within 24 hours of his confession. I don't think Grossman is off the team, but you HAVE to at least consider benching and/or heavily fining him.

How about his teammates?

Mark Schlereth had a pretty good point about that on NFL Live yesterday -- how would you feel if you were a Bears o-lineman, busting your tail trying to protect your QB (who plays like crap), and afterwards he says he didn't think the game was worth preparing for?

Marv and JB whacked Hobert within 24 hours of his confession. I don't think Grossman is off the team, but you HAVE to at least consider benching and/or heavily fining him.

Good point. I'm surprised that one of them didn't give him a swirlie at the very least. This shows a total lack of maturity by their most important offensive player. Perhaps they can have Urlacher 'talk' to him about preparation.

How about his teammates?

Exactly, good points all.

The fact that he admitted this is idiotic. Perhaps apologize to your captains in private. Apologize to your coaches and coordinators in private. Don't tell the Chicago Tribune about it.

It was like Willis saying he didn't know it was 4th down in Foxboro. Maybe he didn't, I don't really care. Just please, PLEASE, don't tell me that.

the NFC playoff teams this year are the weakest bunch i have ever seen.

True, but I don't think Chicago wins a playoff game. I think Dallas or Seattle goes in there next week and knocks them off.

All bets are off if the Giants somehow manage to upset Dallas, though. I think Chicago would beat the Giants.

EDIT: Dur, just realized, it's Giants/Eagles this weekend. Still, I'm sticking by my central point.

I think it's clear that this can't be allowed to stand. That said, Grossman may yet be a better option than returning to Brian Griese, and yanking your starter for the playoffs seems like bad form. So I think they'd be best off making a loud but symbolic statement: Brian Griese takes the first snap next week. Handoff to Benson, whatever - just a simple play before Grossman goes back in. And a short leash the rest of the day.

Just a side note - has a QB ever been benched in the middle of a playoff game and had his backup come back to win?