Paul Posluszny, LB Penn State

Watched the entire PSU/UT game yesterday and for that matter the entire Nittany Lion career of Paul Posluszny, I would LOVE to see this guy in a Bills uniform come April.

Having said that, I leave this to some better experts here on the board:

1. What do you think of Posluszny fitting in the Cover 2 scheme? Too small?

2. How high is Posluszny on the draft boards?

3. With Fletcher most likely leaving, and considering Paul Posluszny's speed, I think he would be a great fit and a fan favorite for years to come.

Watched the entire PSU/UT game yesterday and for that matter the entire Nittany Lion career of Paul Posluszny, I would LOVE to see this guy in a Bills uniform come April.

3. With Fletcher most likely leaving, and considering Paul Posluszny's speed, I think he would be a great fit and a fan favorite for years to come.

1. If I've learned anything about the cover 2 this year it's about discipline. As it seems as long as players are smart enough to fill their gaps and not stray they can be very successful. Also strong tackling helps as well which definately fits Posluszny's mold. In terms of size, The Colts OLBs are quite smaller both being in the 6-0 228# mold, the Bucs aren't much bigger at 6-1 230# and of course the Bears' are a little bigger at 6-1 240# so one could say at 6-2 238# Paul would fit right in.

2. NFL Draftcountdown.com ranks him as the best OLB in the draft and #7 overall.

3. If Fletcher leaves then we should be looking at MLBs and the best according to NFL Draftcountdown.com that be Patrick Willis who ranks as the #11th overalll.

He did nothing to impress me against Tenn yesterday... got caught up in the wash a lot and looks small to me..... just an opinion

He did nothing to impress me against Tenn yesterday... got caught up in the wash a lot and looks small to me..... just an opinion

Playing inside because he was asked to. Lot of sites still project him to the outside. Smart? Academic All-American. Again. And I'd be lining up to by a Poz jersey ten seconds after we drafted him.

But then, I'm insanely biased toward Penn State LBs wearing #31...

Twenty years ago TONIGHT...

Lavar Arrington.

That would be three-consecutive-Pro-Bowls LaVar Arrington? Not too bad until he blew out his knee.

(Told you I was biased, even though LA didn't wear #31... :D )

id be happy with Paul Posluszny at 12 if theres no way we can trade down and get him, but then again, it would stick to what marv and the boys have been doing.

ill happily sit and listen to all the "draftniks" laugh at us for picking someone too early, and then watch them start the entire season as a rookie. and play well! again!

I actually started a post a week or so ago about not wanting this guy, there are far better linebackers and lets be honest, we have the 12th pick, if we take this guy I officially wont be a fan. He wont be around in round 2 either, so lets not talk about him anymore. In order, we need a DT, OG, WR,LB,CB...Subject to change if Clements bounces and free agency

let me pull this from my ngata quotes all last year.....

If he isn't a Lineman...if he weighs less than 320...the hell with him!!!!!! Let's say it again...STOP THE F-ING RUN...not five yards down the field, not seven yards down the field...stop it at or before the line of scrimmage. DEFENSIVE TACKLE children...DEFENSIVE TACKLE....Then offensive gaurd and maybe center. Big ol fat guys....pat williams, sam adams, ted washington types....WE GO NOWHERE next year without them.

let me pull this from my ngata quotes all last year.....

If he isn't a Lineman...if he weighs less than 320...the hell with him!!!!!! Let's say it again...STOP THE F-ING RUN...not five yards down the field, not seven yards down the field...stop it at or before the line of scrimmage. DEFENSIVE TACKLE children...DEFENSIVE TACKLE....Then offensive gaurd and maybe center. Big ol fat guys....pat williams, sam adams, ted washington types....WE GO NOWHERE next year without them.

That would be the ideal, but how likely is that to happen considering we traded up to draft McCargo last year and then took Williams later on? Not saying I don't want a DT, I'm just trying to look @ this from the organization's point of view.

PSU fan as well. POZ might be at 12 because, despite a good season at a new postion, he came slow off his knee injury. I agree, we do need to stop the run, but POZ would be a guy Marv, who likes hard-working; character players, might have a hard time saying no too.