PFW on Bills' offseason strategy

Buffalo

While the Bills’ Tampa-2 defense worked well against the pass and helped the team get strong contributions from some rookies who were able to grasp the simplified scheme, there is a real fear that the team’s problems stopping the run are not a mirage. The Bills gave up 130 or more rushing yards 10 times this season, an alarming number as well as the deciding factor in losses to New England, Detroit, Indianapolis, San Diego and Tennessee. We hear that after allowing 215 rushing yards to the Titans in a playoff-type game in Week 16, the Bills realize they cannot go into the 2007 season with undersized defensive tackles and an undersized middle linebacker like they had in ’06. As a result, word is the Bills have made the run defense a top priority this coming offseason. They’ll definitely be in the market for a run-stuffing defensive tackle, and it’s also likely that they will look to replace MLB London Fletcher with a bigger player.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...tm?mode=afceast

also, there's this nugget on mularkey possibly being out in miami if saban stays:

The Dolphins’ offense was often abysmal in 2006. For example, the Fins posted a 1-9 record in games they threw the ball more than they ran it. As a result, we hear that coach Nick Saban may look to go in a different direction at offensive coordinator, despite the fact that Mike Mularkey has two years remaining on his contract.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...hispers2126.htm

I'm glad to hear that they're going to continue to focus on the defense....I would love to see us dominant on that side of the ball again. As for our offense, if we can just find a stud guard or two, I think we may actually be okay over there. JP and the boys were really starting to put up some numbers. It's been a while since we've been this close to becoming a good, solid football team. I hope Marv and Co. get it done.

1. Re-sign Clements

2. Let Fletcher go

3. Sign a really good DT or G

4. Draft the top DT or G at #12 (whichever we don't get in #3)

5. Draft the best MLB in Round 2

That's all I ask.

Can we get Sam Adams back please?

Why, so we can watch running backs blow through the line again all season....

Guess you didn't see the game last sunday against Pittsburgh........He's done.............

Next...............

Unless your talking about the stuff in a cardboard box??

1. Re-sign Clements

2. Let Fletcher go

3. Sign a really good DT or G

4. Draft the top DT or G at #12 (whichever we don't get in #3)

5. Draft the best MLB in Round 2

That's all I ask.

Not sure about Fletcher, I'll defer to better football minds than myself. But I like the other suggestions.

I would add another big possesion type WR and a big brusing RB to complement Willis.

Not sure about Fletcher, I'll defer to better football minds than myself.

I was mainly going on comments I've read from the Bills. I think Fewell's comments made it clear to me that Clements is a much higher priority than Fletcher, and the fact that we haven't even tried to extend Fletcher before now.

I think it's much easier to fill a MLB spot than a #1 CB spot; plus, I don't think there's a way we can sign both Clements and Fletcher, and still sign a top DT or G.

I was mainly going on comments I've read from the Bills. I think Fewell's comments made it clear to me that Clements is a much higher priority than Fletcher, and the fact that we haven't even tried to extend Fletcher before now.

I think it's much easier to fill a MLB spot than a #1 CB spot; plus, I don't think there's a way we can sign both Clements and Fletcher, and still sign a top DT or G.

We also need to figure out about Kelsay unless Hargrove will be Kelsays replacement.

My Hopeful Depth Chart next year:

QB: J.P. Losman, Craig Nall, Sam Keller (ASU)

RB: Willis McGahee, Anthony Thomas, Dee Brown (in FA)

WR: Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Jarret Hicks (Texas Tech), Andre Davis or George Wilson.

Tackle: Jason Peters, Terrance Pennington, Tony Pashos (FA), Max Starks (FA)

Guard: Mike Gandy, Duke Preston, Corey Hilliard (OK State), Cooper Carlisle (FA)

Center: Melvin Fowler, Lyle Sendlein (Texas), Grey Ruegamer (FA)

TE: Robert Royal, Ben Utecht (FA), Brad Cieslak

DE: Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denney, Anhony Hargrove, Bo Schobel (FA)

DT: Larry Tripplett, Kyle Williams, John McCargo, Brent Curvy (Iowa State)

OLB: Takeo Spikes, Angelo Crowell, Keith Ellison, Mario Haggan, Coy Wire

MLB: London Fletcher, Terna Nande (FA), H.B. Blades (Pitt)

CB: Terrance McGee, Kiwaukee Thomas, Ashton Youboty, Darrelle Revis or Marcus McCauley (Pitt, Fresno State)

Safety: Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Matt Bowen, Yeremiah Bell (FA)

Kicker: Lindell

Punter: Moorman

Snapper: Schneck

Just my guess... I'd like to see others and Tim Euhus back, but it's worth a shot to look at this one.

WR: Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Jarret Hicks (Texas Tech), Andre Davis or George Wilson.

Guard: Mike Gandy, Duke Preston, Corey Hilliard (OK State), Cooper Carlisle (FA)

CB: Terrance McGee, Kiwaukee Thomas, Ashton Youboty, Darrelle Revis or Marcus McCauley (Pitt, Fresno State)

Just my guess... I'd like to see others and Tim Euhus back, but it's worth a shot to look at this one.

Starks is a Restricted FA....The steelers will tender him the highest offer, which means you will have to give them a 1st rounder to get him.

I would prefer a Daniel Graham over a Utecht. Graham knows how to play in the AFC East.

I would like to see a guy pushing Reed and Price for the #2 WR spot. I think Craig Nall will be cut in favor of Holcomb. I still see them going after a Lance Briggs rather than re-signing Fletcher.

Not sure about Fletcher, I'll defer to better football minds than myself. But I like the other suggestions.

I would add another big possesion type WR and a big brusing RB to complement Willis.

6) Trade Mcgahee to the Raiders(or whoever will take him) - We'll never get to the next level with him as the feature back

7) Make a best effort to sign Fletcher

8) Extend Losman & Evans

Who did you take #1?

6) Trade Mcgahee to the Raiders(or whoever will take him) - We'll never get to the next level with him as the feature back

7) Make a best effort to sign Fletcher

8) Extend Losman & Evans

Not ready to extend Losman yet. Perhaps after next season. But Evans is ready for an extension.

Ludicrous. It's not just the name of a rap star.

Then it would be Ludacris.

But the point still stands. If we're clamoring for a return, it should be for Big Pat. (He could be getting into the very expensive stage of his Vikings contract this year)