Losman was horrible today

BADOLBILZ

OK.....I am just flat out confused....

I dont have a problem with people saying that he was off target on throws or made mistakes.....thats fine.

BUT

You will see these exact same mistakes from any qb and I mean ANY qb that any of you have in your mind as a top qb in the league....

There was even a poster that said JP had a bad game LAST week......

WHAT? The offense put up what.....29 points?

JP is far from a finished product but the fact is that with each passing season he is making huge leaps in productivity.....and I am not talking about productivity of a bad player trying to get better....I am talking about decent starting QB who looks like he will end up being a very good qb before it is all over......

I saw just as many positive plays from Losman today as negative plays.....much more then that in fact. If Magehee could have ran the damn ball with ANY consistancy our play action would have been much more effective....the corners were just sitting on the routes today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just splitting hairs. Horrible, poor, whatever. He was all over the place with accuracy. He took sacks that more seasoned QBs would've thrown away. But it's okay. He still had a good season.

He took sacks that a seasoned QB wouldn't have taken?

What????

Are you freaking serious?

2 of the 3 sacks he took I cant think of ANYONE (short of maybe Vick or Vince Young) because those guys are run first QB's

I can point out on my TIVO SEVERAL plays that should have been sacks that JPL eluded

I am not being sensitive....I just dont understand the point of view....are people expecting PERFECTION? You certainly are not going to get that without a running game and a biult in safety valve receiver.....

For all the steps forward this year,he took a couple back yesterday.. He sometimes makes you want to pull your hair out and beech slap him.Those two throw`s,the int`s are hard to take.Throw`s to open receiver`s in the dirt. Floating passes, holding the ball too long ,you name it. Some pass routes can`t be touch passes,where did that cannon arm go on these? I`ll stick with the kid anyway. A little more tweaking and he should be fine. Willis is another story.Show me the money? FOR WHAT? enough said! These short season`s Suck. LET~S GO BUFFAALLOOOOOO in 07 :wallbash:

Willis showed why he won't be back next year.

Did you happen to notice the Ravens defensive line? They are probably the best and going against our sub par offensive run blocking line.

What do you expect? Do you expect Willis or whom ever to open the holes himself? We need to UPGRADE the line! That should be our first priority this off season.

It's really obvious even to old people.

After the Bills' ninth loss was in the books, team owner Ralph Wilson came to the realization that the O-line simply isn't a playoff-caliber group. If the lack of pass protection wasn't enough of an indicator, the fact that Buffalo piled up just 39 rushing yards should have been.

"We've gotta get some offensive line help," Wilson -- who praised Losman's toughness -- told media members in the locker room following the game.

I am not being sensitive....I just dont understand the point of view....are people expecting PERFECTION? You certainly are not going to get that without a running game and a biult in safety valve receiver.....

Yes, you're being sensitive. You are the most pollyanna of any poster on this board. You loooovvve JP and can't stand any criticism of him. In the game thread, you actually said that the pass to Royal wasn't underthrown - LOL. I like that about you. We need positive people more than we need negative people.

But JP Losman had a poor game. Get over it. Whether he eluded some sacks or not, he also got himself into trouble by holding the ball too long on several downs against a Ravens defense that everyone in the world knows you have to get the ball out quickly against. More importantly, he sprayed the ball all over the place yesterday, which you haven't addressed. Sure, the running game sucked and he didn't get any help, but on the downs where he had a chance to make plays, he screwed up an unacceptable percentage of the time. Even the bomb to Evans hung up there and he was lucky the safety didn't get back in time.

I don't expect perfection but the kid had a bad game. Not a big deal.

absolutely... That has ALWAYS been my gripe against him. He's out there playing flag football, while everyone else is playing tackle. He has the aggressiveness of a shellfish. Regardless of some of his "tiptoe" catches - I think you lose more games with Price than you win. Playoffs mean good defense. Good defense means INT's when throwing his way.

I think this analysis is wrong based on JP's comments. Price did what he was supposed to do -- basically run a short route and stop -- but McAlister read it and planned for exactly that pass. It was simply a case of a good defensive player diagnosing a tendency and capitalizing on it. No need to blame Price ...

I think this analysis is wrong based on JP's comments. Price did what he was supposed to do -- basically run a short route and stop -- but McAlister read it and planned for exactly that pass. It was simply a case of a good defensive player diagnosing a tendency and capitalizing on it. No need to blame Price ...

bull sh--....any decent WR knows you cant just sit on a route....the ball is thrown and he waits for it...I'll tell you exactly why Price does this....

cuz he is a sandy vagina out there....

He steps into, squares his shoulders to the ball...no way an INT happens there....but you know what...he will take a bigtime lick...

and that kitty always trys to avoid contact....

I'll tell you this...If Josh Reed runs that route...No way is it an INT going back the other way...NO WAY....

bull sh--....any decent WR knows you cant just sit on a route....the ball is thrown and he waits for it...I'll tell you exactly why Price does this....

cuz he is a sandy vagina out there....

He steps into, squares his shoulders to the ball...no way an INT happens there....but you know what...he will take a bigtime lick...

and that kitty always trys to avoid contact....

I'll tell you this...If Josh Reed runs that route...No way is it an INT going back the other way...NO WAY....

um, the bills ran hitches all day. it was a basic part of the game plan, as losman said afterward. on hitches like that, a receiever sits, whether it's jerry rice, andre reed, cliff branch, john stallworth, marvin harrison, or peerless price.

Yes, you're being sensitive. You are the most pollyanna of any poster on this board. You loooovvve JP and can't stand any criticism of him. In the game thread, you actually said that the pass to Royal wasn't underthrown - LOL. I like that about you. We need positive people more than we need negative people.

But JP Losman had a poor game. Get over it. Whether he eluded some sacks or not, he also got himself into trouble by holding the ball too long on several downs against a Ravens defense that everyone in the world knows you have to get the ball out quickly against. More importantly, he sprayed the ball all over the place yesterday, which you haven't addressed. Sure, the running game sucked and he didn't get any help, but on the downs where he had a chance to make plays, he screwed up an unacceptable percentage of the time. Even the bomb to Evans hung up there and he was lucky the safety didn't get back in time.

I don't expect perfection but the kid had a bad game. Not a big deal.

EXACTLY,tell it like it is, no more excuses

I'm looking forward to next season with JP and a few off season moves by this team.

My thoughts exactly. Going into this season, I had serious doubts about JP. He has erased them. Has he been innaccurate and inconsistent at times? Sure, but the growth was evident. To me it's simple. Fortify the interior of the OL and provide a playmaking TE or big redzone/chainmoving WR. This is the best I've felt immediately after a season in some time. I'm encouraged.

I can't complain about QB or coaching. I usually do. I'm finally comfortable with both. Those two positions are most critical. With a good FA period and draft, we are playoff caliber. I don't think that's a stretch.

um, the bills ran hitches all day. it was a basic part of the game plan, as losman said afterward. on hitches like that, a receiever sits, whether it's jerry rice, andre reed, cliff branch, john stallworth, marvin harrison, or peerless price.

Its a basic stop route....you sit at a spot...but when the ball is coming to you...you dont continue to sit, and let the ball come to you....if you think any of those other WR's would do the same...your mistaken....

I'll wait until I hear from someone who was actually AT the game. But while JP didn't have a great game, neither did anyone else on the offense.

I was actually at the game -- and here were my impressions...

1. For all of the love I am hearing about McNair, I don't think he played any better than JP. I don't believe he completed a single down-field pass. He was content to dump it off to the backs all game -- and look Heap's way when necessary. What if JP had a reliable TE like that? McNair also operated in a situation where it didn't seem like our defense could lay a hand on him, while JP was under duress on most plays. Don't forget also that McNair failed to punch the ball into the endzone -- and like JP he threw one more interception than he did TD passes.

2. While JP's accuracy has improved with leaps and bounds, he still throws to many passes that make you ask the question, "What was that?" There were a number of those yesterday. It was raning off-and-on, so I do not know how much that affected his accuracy. There was at least one pass that came out of his hand in a downward spiral. That's probably what happened on a number of the low-thrown balls.

2. Both INTs that JP threw were bad no doubt. I thought the first one was more a great play by McAllister than necessarily a bad decision by JP. I agree with some of the other posters that the fault was as much Price's as it was JP's. I am not as liable to lay blame on Evans on the second INT, as that is a ball that clearly should not have been thrown. Still, 1st and goal from the 4, I didn't like the play call.

3. Maybe the most impressive play that JP made ALL SEASON came on that second interception, when he chased down Rolle for the tackle. He really laid him out! No real big impact on the outcome of the game, I know. But that kind of commitment and fire will win him some props in the locker room. Obviously, I wish he hadn't thrown the pick, but if his last play of the season came down to a smack-down like that... Well, that is positively Kelly-ish.

I was actually at the game -- and here were my impressions...

1. For all of the love I am hearing about McNair, I don't think he played any better than JP. I don't believe he completed a single down-field pass. He was content to dump it off to the backs all game -- and look Heap's way when necessary. What if JP had a reliable TE like that? McNair also operated in a situation where it didn't seem like our defense could lay a hand on him, while JP was under duress on most plays. Don't forget also that McNair failed to punch the ball into the endzone -- and like JP he threw one more interception than he did TD passes.

2. While JP's accuracy has improved with leaps and bounds, he still throws to many passes that make you ask the question, "What was that?" There were a number of those yesterday. It was raning off-and-on, so I do not know how much that affected his accuracy. There was at least one pass that came out of his hand in a downward spiral. That's probably what happened on a number of the low-thrown balls.

2. Both INTs that JP threw were bad no doubt. I thought the first one was more a great play by McAllister than necessarily a bad decision by JP. I agree with some of the other posters that the fault was as much Price's as it was JP's. I am not as liable to lay blame on Evans on the second INT, as that is a ball that clearly should not have been thrown. Still, 1st and goal from the 4, I didn't like the play call. What a headhunter he was...night train lane,type of tackle. wonder if Coy was watching??? :oops:

3. Maybe the most impressive play that JP made ALL SEASON came on that second interception, when he chased down Rolle for the tackle. He really laid him out! No real big impact on the outcome of the game, I know. But that kind of commitment and fire will win him some props in the locker room. Obviously, I wish he hadn't thrown the pick, but if his last play of the season came down to a smack-down like that... Well, that is positively Kelly-ish.

Before I say a word allow me to freely admit I watched the Ravens game with one eye while I was partying my ass off at the conclusion of a 3day bender.

I don't know if I'd chalk up Losman's inaccuracy to mechanics as much as I would to his inability to tamp the fear down vs the Ravens D. Plain and simple he was just scared on Sunday. And that's not a rip on him as I don't know too many sane folks who wouldn't be soiling their skivvies at the prospect of standing in the pocket against that crew. I think this year's experience and another year of maturity will go a long ways towards helping him hold down the fear which occasionally causes him to spend a day spraying balls all over the place.

One thing I did like seeing was at the conclusion of the game after he threw that last pick. There were an awful lot of Ravens who made a point of coming over to help him up, tap him on the head and pat him on the ass for his effort. That's a hardcore pack of legitimately mean muthers that gives no quarter to anybody and seeing them giving that kind of respect to Losman showed me as much as anything we could pull off a stat sheet this year.

This kid's going to be a gamer and I appreciated the fact that the Ravens recognized and acknowledged it.

Cya

Overall, a very successful year for Losman. He played every game and was good far more often than not. He finished poorly the last two games, practically killing every drive single handedly today, but at least the Bills know what Losman must do to improve, specifically improve his throwing mechanics and footwork to improve his accuracy. He made enormous strides with regard to decision making, poise in the pocket and accuracy this year, but if he could put the ball in the receivers hands and put them in position to make plays after the catch more often, then he could be the kind of QB that can take you to the playoffs consistently. I'd like to see the team add a TE who can catch the ball with his hands to give the team a bigger target on third downs next season just in case, but overall pretty good job by the recieving corps this season as well.

How many different teams have had their running games stomped on recently by the Ravens? Haven't seen the stats have you? :)

This was a very TELLING game for us because it points out where we really need to get better agianst the best. When you play shi& teams like Miami, things don't really reflect where you are strong. or where the weaknesses lie. This loss will be a blessing in disguise.