Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

990 yards

3.8 yards/carry

+ 6 TDs

--------------------

#23 rusher in NFL

Come on, Rosenass. Make a stink about Willis needing to be paid more.

I guess one line of argument might be that, in addition to being the starting RB, he was an on-field member of the Buffalo Bills dance team.

DISCUSS...

Good. McGahee was not good enough this year. He showed flashes, and played more consistent football late in the year, but perhaps not reaching such an EASY milestone will provide motivation for him to play well in his "walk year" next season. The timing of his contract year couldn't be better, because they are now a competitive team and a huge year by McGahee could tip the scales between making the playoffs and more and not making the playoffs at all again. I would have prefered a win to close 8-8, but as a fan I couldn't be a lot happier with a) the effort of the team EVERY week from the bye right thru the last game and b) the fact that key guys like Losman and McGahee, who must improve for the team to go further, ended with performances that should provide motivation for them to work hard and get better.

Not his fault, we never even tried to run. That was a hard game to watch.

That's what happens when you play a great run defense. The offensive gameplan was excellent, Losman just wasn't efficient enough. His progress has been great, but he needs to take his game up a full notch yet to become a guy who can match up with the best and win.

you tell me. was it less than 13?

I think thats about equal to 13. He got knocked out of the GB game early and missed the next two I believe. Which means needs about 76 ypg. Needless to say if we played the Jets every game, he would have had 3000. Regardless, he doesn't deserve more money, but wouldn't throw the towel in on him yet.

http://www.profootballreference.com/games/McGaWi00.htm#2006

His production dating back to the bye week last year has been less than stellar. I'm all for giving guys a chance to play out of a slump, but McGahee has been very ordinary for a season and a half now. He's crossed 100 yards just three times in that period. I don't know whether I'm ready for the Bills to move on yet, but I do think they'd be wise to bring in some quality competition this offseason at the position if possible.

I think thats about equal to 13. He got knocked out of the GB game early and missed the next two I believe. Which means needs about 76 ypg. Needless to say if we played the Jets every game, he would have had 3000. Regardless, he doesn't deserve more money, but wouldn't throw the towel in on him yet.

Well he definitely deserves more than the 900K he's due next season. People act like he's making 5+million a year...and probably just look at the stats without watching the games. Today there was ZERO holes to run through. Look at the !@#$ing lineman for Bill's sake on running plays...they are either on their faces or standing there looking at the play. Offensive line was horrendous today.

Well he definitely deserves more than the 900K he's due next season. People act like he's making 5+million a year...and probably just look at the stats without watching the games. Today there was ZERO holes to run through. Look at the !@#$ing lineman for Bill's sake on running plays...they are either on their faces or standing there looking at the play. Offensive line was horrendous today.

you talk like he only had ONE game to get to 1000. he had a whole season of weaker defenses then todays and couldnt do it.

he doesnt deserve to make more than a million next year.

id say just 900k is a good wage for being a loud mouth and a subpar performer

Did you actually watch the game? Or did you just look at nfl.com and say "Willis sucks, he only had 23 yards"

If you actually watched the game you'd know how bad our offensive line is at run blocking. When Willis did have a few good runs today, they were called back for holding penalties. How do you not see what has happened this year?

That's what happens when you play a great run defense. The offensive gameplan was excellent, Losman just wasn't efficient enough. His progress has been great, but he needs to take his game up a full notch yet to become a guy who can match up with the best and win.

For the past six weeks Baltimore has been my pick for the super bowl winner. I stand by that especially after today. That defense got to Losman in every way shape and form-he was rushed, he was flushed, and he was rattled. But to say that today's gameplan is to blame for his missing the 1000 yard mark is ludicrous. HE NEEDED 33 YARDS and he carried the ball 11 times. I no longer hold superstar expectations for Willis McGahee. I do for Lee Evans though and I'm excited for that. The defense did a very good job today. No touchdowns allowed and clamped on the run for the majority of the game, with an up and coming quarterback and an emerging superstar wide receiver, an elite running back is the missing link to the offensive personell. I include the line in this because improvments will obviously contribute to fostering a dominant run game, but I think another running back deserves a shot at Willis' job. Competition can only help.