If i were a NFL coach

DrDawkinstein

he's a putz and i don't care what he does. if he stays we'll beat the dolphins some more. if he goes, we'll beat whoever the new coach is too

and i don't thing mike mularkey is ever getting an NFL head coaching job again. maybe some mid major college, but no NFL team or major college program would take him

Something fishy, no pun intended, is happening at 'Bama. They were played by WVU's coach, and now Saban is not easily wooed. You would think the Tide could hire anyone they wanted, but nobody wants the job. The Tide job has a lot of upside(rich southern talent pool, a chance at a title, and lots of cash), but Saban would leave Miami a wreck, not that I would complain, with a broken Daunte, an aging D, and the return of Mr. Pot Smoke. As for Mularkey, I like how he ruined the NFL's "offense on the rise." If he can't work with Ronnie Brown, Chambers, and the other weapons they have, he should not be coaching anywhere.

I'd be gone in a second.

i dont know how nick saban would turn down 10 years/$40 million to coach at Alabama as opposed to staying in miami and dealing with all the crap that goes along with it.

here's to Head Coach Mularkey!!

The HC of Bama would be a state employee. By law, no contract can be longer than 7 years.

The HC of Bama would be a state employee. By law, no contract can be longer than 7 years.

There are exceptions to all laws and regulations.

When I worked for NYC, you had to have a physical residence within the City. It took a lot of effort, but that law was eventually waived and I was allowed to live in NJ. If they want him bad enough and a 10 year contract is the dealbreaker, he'll get the 10 year contract.

i didnt mean for this to be about saban/dolphins.

i meant it about coaching in college vs nfl...

he was just a prime example.

College and the NFL are different animals, as Saban is finding out, just as Spurrier did, and Pete Carroll should now realize.

Good coaches tend to have big egos, which causes them to believe they can coach anything, anywhere, at any level.

Great coaches that can keep their egos in check, allowing them to focus on what they do best, are few in numbers.

(i.e Bear Bryant and Papa Joe from Penn State)

College and the NFL are different animals, as Saban is finding out, just as Spurrier did, and Pete Carroll should now realize.

Good coaches tend to have big egos, which causes them to believe they can coach anything, anywhere, at any level.

Great coaches that can keep their egos in check, allowing them to focus on what they do best, are few in numbers.

(i.e Bear Bryant and Papa Joe from Penn State)

Add Coach K. to that list

There are exceptions to all laws and regulations.

When I worked for NYC, you had to have a physical residence within the City. It took a lot of effort, but that law was eventually waived and I was allowed to live in NJ. If they want him bad enough and a 10 year contract is the dealbreaker, he'll get the 10 year contract.

Sure, any law or regulation can be changed. But I really do not think the university is willing to wait on the state legislature to modify the law just so they can sign a HC.

When I replied, everything I read had the contract as a "guaranteed" 10 yr contract. Obviously, that cannot happen.

Pete Prisco thinks that Saban's a goner:

Deny, deny, deny.

That's what Nick Saban has done constantly when talking about leaving the Dolphins for the Alabama job.

I don't buy it.

I think he's on his way to Tuscaloosa. I really do. Several sources who know Saban think so, too.

The money the Tide is said to be offering -- one source said it was a 10-year deal worth between $35-38 million -- is too good to pass up for Saban. Plus, his two years in the NFL have taught him that he likes the college game better.

With the chance that Wayne Huizenga might be selling the Dolphins, there is no loyalty to the team.

I will be shocked if Saban is coaching the Dolphins in 2007.

Why do so many coaches prefer coaching college football as opposed to the NFL? Is it because there is a lot more money available in college football, and if so why is that the case? There is no cap for coaches in the NFL is there..

More money

More control (no owner or GM)

Less media pressure

Why do so many coaches prefer coaching college football as opposed to the NFL? Is it because there is a lot more money available in college football, and if so why is that the case? There is no cap for coaches in the NFL is there..

What other people have said. Plus, there will never be any doubt that you're top dog on a college team. No one player will ever be bigger than the team.

The Bama job is no picnic.....you have to out recruit Auburn, FL, USF, FL State, Miami, Arkansas, LSU, etc.....and play in the TOUGHEST conference in college football. He won in the SEC so he knows what it takes, but it is still a very tough job that very few men want. I think that he will stay at Miami since he knows that he is secure until Wayne and Co sell the team.