Hey Nate and Nate's agent.....

JoeF

Holy Crap...I wonder how much input Greggo had in the Archuleta signing. A $10 million dollar bonus/$35 million dollar contract and he is benched halfway through his first season. :censored::):wallbash:

i don't think gregggo had much input. i think the Archeleta signing was a case of Dan The Fan going "oooh ooooh ooooh, i've heard of him. where's my checkbook"

a more interesting and revealing article about Gregggg WIlliams is this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668

Unbelievable...

"Why are we the 30th defense in the league? I think coaches got arrogant, I think Gregg got arrogant," the player said Tuesday, asking not to be identified. "They thought they figured it all out. They thought, 'We can win with scheme, we don't need players.' Don't be mistaken, this is a player-driven game, and so you need players. Any time in life when somebody thinks they've got it all figured out, it's going to come and get you. It's going to come and get you … the sentiment is a lot of guys are mad because the coaches think it's all about them. They think they're f------ geniuses, thinking they can just let guys go and get away with handling people badly."

To be specific, Redskins defenders, particularly in the secondary, have regressed, Taylor being the main culprit. Out of the University of Miami, Taylor was arguably the most-talented cover safety to enter the league in years. His first preseason game, he intercepted two passes, returning one for a score. But he's been tinkered with so much now, Redskins players say he no longer plays on instinct.

A lot of Taylor's woes can be traced a lot to the hiring of Steve Jackson as Redskins safety coach. Jackson came with Williams from Buffalo, where he was a lower-level defensive coach, and Jackson supposedly was hurt when Williams chose DeWayne Walker as his main secondary coach in 2003 and 2004. He wanted the job himself, and when Walker left after the 2005 season, he assumed he'd get it. But Williams' old defensive coordinator in Buffalo, Jerry Gray, had just become available, and Williams hired him. Jackson was ticked.

So Williams threw him a bone, a bone which has literally torn up the secondary. He made Jackson safeties coach and Gray cornerbacks coach and allowed Jackson to run his own meetings. That means that the Redskins' safeties and corners do not meet together, which is practically unheard of.

"Talk to any coach in the league, and ask them, 'Have you ever heard of corners and safeties not meeting together?'" the Redskins player says. "They'd say, 'What are you talking about?' That's crazy. But ever since minicamps, OTAs, training camp, we hadn't met as a secondary. On the field, the corners will start making a call or doing something, and the safeties will be, 'What are you talking about? We didn't go over that.' So now the corners are expecting help in certain situations, and the safeties aren't getting there in time. And people got beat in the secondary.

Unbelievable...

"Why are we the 30th defense in the league? I think coaches got arrogant, I think Gregg got arrogant," the player said Tuesday, asking not to be identified. "They thought they figured it all out. They thought, 'We can win with scheme, we don't need players.' Don't be mistaken, this is a player-driven game, and so you need players. Any time in life when somebody thinks they've got it all figured out, it's going to come and get you. It's going to come and get you … the sentiment is a lot of guys are mad because the coaches think it's all about them. They think they're f------ geniuses, thinking they can just let guys go and get away with handling people badly."

To be specific, Redskins defenders, particularly in the secondary, have regressed, Taylor being the main culprit. Out of the University of Miami, Taylor was arguably the most-talented cover safety to enter the league in years. His first preseason game, he intercepted two passes, returning one for a score. But he's been tinkered with so much now, Redskins players say he no longer plays on instinct.

A lot of Taylor's woes can be traced a lot to the hiring of Steve Jackson as Redskins safety coach. Jackson came with Williams from Buffalo, where he was a lower-level defensive coach, and Jackson supposedly was hurt when Williams chose DeWayne Walker as his main secondary coach in 2003 and 2004. He wanted the job himself, and when Walker left after the 2005 season, he assumed he'd get it. But Williams' old defensive coordinator in Buffalo, Jerry Gray, had just become available, and Williams hired him. Jackson was ticked.

So Williams threw him a bone, a bone which has literally torn up the secondary. He made Jackson safeties coach and Gray cornerbacks coach and allowed Jackson to run his own meetings. That means that the Redskins' safeties and corners do not meet together, which is practically unheard of.

"Talk to any coach in the league, and ask them, 'Have you ever heard of corners and safeties not meeting together?'" the Redskins player says. "They'd say, 'What are you talking about?' That's crazy. But ever since minicamps, OTAs, training camp, we hadn't met as a secondary. On the field, the corners will start making a call or doing something, and the safeties will be, 'What are you talking about? We didn't go over that.' So now the corners are expecting help in certain situations, and the safeties aren't getting there in time. And people got beat in the secondary.

Like his successor Mularkey, all the indicators point to Williams being truly insane.

Holy Crap...I wonder how much input Greggo had in the Archuleta signing. A $10 million dollar bonus/$35 million dollar contract and he is benched halfway through his first season. :censored::):wallbash:

Greggo has failed in Washington like he did in Buffalo.

Players don't seem to "buy into" his coaching method/approach.

It seems to take about 2 1/2- 3 seasons for players to see his BS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Redskins are the Yankees of Football. They regularly overpay and trade away draft picks (which equals young talent) in hopes of building a winning team through free agency. When you stock your team full of superstars (ego heads) there is no continuity, no building and no teamwork.

They will never win a championship with this approach.

Greggo has failed in Washington like he did in Buffalo.

Players don't seem to "buy into" his coaching method/approach.

It seems to take about 2 1/2- 3 seasons for players to see his BS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Redskins are the Yankees of Football. They regularly overpay and trade away draft picks (which equals young talent) in hopes of building a winning team through free agency. When you stock your team full of superstars (ego heads) there is no continuity, no building and no teamwork.

They will never win a championship with this approach.

I wouldn't mind picking up archuleta from moneybags since he is gone anyway. Kid is a great safety agaisnt the run and hits hard. Wash can have Nate.

Are you kidding me? The Yanks have plenty of championships and their model works. Nine straight AL east titles- when was the last time Washington won anything? Poor comparison

Are you kidding me? The Yanks have plenty of championships and their model works. Nine straight AL east titles- when was the last time Washington won anything? Poor comparison

yeah but the Yankees are wayyyyy ahead of the next highest team in terms of pay roll, they still should be winning a lot more than they have been.

yeah but the Yankees are wayyyyy ahead of the next highest team in terms of pay roll, they still should be winning a lot more than they have been.

so how again is the comparison between the Redskins and Yankees valid? Its a ridiculous comparison

Ah, you do make a fine point there. I guess the Redskins now are more akin to the current Yankees franchise. The championship yankees teams at least had some farm players and younger guys. Now it seems to be more of a retirement community for older aged veterans (see also: 2003 and 2004 Buffalo Bills)

Nice - I'm watching TV and Gumbal and Colinsworth are wondering why Williams is being stubborn on D in the Skins game.

I just read the articles, interesting insight on a crazy man. I somehow doubt that Nate needs to read an SI article to understand what it's like to work under Greeeeg...

My god that D is a mess - I love to watch a meltdown live in HD! That second article (I've named it "Greggpocolypse now") is just so telling - you cna see it reflected in tonight's game! Greeeeg is once again staying in the Cover 2 on running downs and getting run all over. I half expect him to turn to an NFL Network camera and say "No, noo, it's cool, I'm F'n BRILLIANT!"

This certainly makes ya wonder how much Nate likes Fewell, his D and the way he runs things. After Perry saying that Nate's loss would be the biggest on the D maybe Nate will bye into what we're trying to build. He certainly should see the bright future for this team!

In the end it seems Gregg is pretty much a prick (not just here but in Washington too), so let's hope that Nate sees that too. I like our chances of keeping Nate, to be honest. We're way under the cap and the Fewell *knows* how important Nate is. I hope the front office offers money early and often once the seaon ends!!