The Rosenhaus / Levy Poker Game has started

Kipers Hair

i have no issue with someone asking for a raise, in sports or the "real world".........

however, there is a big problem with refusing to honor a contract that you have put your name to, in sports or in the "real world".........in the "real world", you get sued if you refuse to show up for work when you are contracted to do so........i wish it worked that way in the NFL as well........would set a great precedent.....

Just curious, but has either Willis or his agent ever even suggested, let alone stated outright, that Willis wouldn't play out his contract if required to do so?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but has either Willis or his agent ever even suggested, let alone stated outright, that Willis wouldn't play out his contract if required to do so?

Brilliant!! I would tell them both to STFU and let Willis carry the football- and talk extention about the same time next year.

Just like they did with Lindell. Let's face it- If this guy played as hard as say.... Travis Henry did this year, we would not be having this conversation. The Titans do not have a problem paying him this year, because they know he plays hard :o EVERY game.

i was just making a general comment about contracts........however, it would not be the first time a rosenhaus client refused to suit up even though they were under a deal, so i wouldn't be shocked if it came to that

i have no issue with someone asking for a raise, in sports or the "real world".........

however, there is a big problem with refusing to honor a contract that you have put your name to, in sports or in the "real world".........in the "real world", you get sued if you refuse to show up for work when you are contracted to do so........i wish it worked that way in the NFL as well........would set a great precedent.....

The best 'real world' analogy is the record industry. They sign you, give you money and promote you, and get your exclusive services for a certain number of years. But if you stink they may decide not to produce the albums they promised.

And what about the artists who sign contracts, become big hits, and decide they want a better deal? And how far do they get? Hahahaha!

Well, teams refuse to honor contracts all the time by cutting players.

:

Yeah, Rosenhaus and the other agents would never sue a team for not honoring the terms of a clients contract, those guys are wusses.

I bet if we represented in court the players who are cut we'd clean up. :wallbash:

I'm willing to bet Willis won't even get 1000 yards this year. They're playing the Ravens, and he needs 'only' 33 yards. Bet he doesn't get it!

Told you all that Willis wouldn't even get 33 yards in this game. Sad. Very sad. Offensive line can't run block, and ain't much better in pass blocking. When will the front office finally get a clue about this?

i was just making a general comment about contracts........however, it would not be the first time a rosenhaus client refused to suit up even though they were under a deal, so i wouldn't be shocked if it came to that

I see. I just don't see that scenario playing out here. I think Willis would like security and the fact they have offered the Bills a chance for an extension now is a good thing. The Bills are in the driver seat here. Willis has been reasonably productive, especially in view of our O-line during his tenure here, but certainly not stellar.

I don't get all of this"If Willis played as hard as Travis this season" commentary. The guy played with major injuries and made no big deal about it. I love people who say he should hit the hole harder. There needs to be one there first, before he can hit it.

I get such a kick out of Jerry "The Fart Sniffing Weasel" Sullivan's article about how Willis doesn't deserve an extension. On what basis is this statement made? Doesn't it matter what kind of money we are talking about? Has Willis not performed well enough that the Bills would like him to remain on the team for the right price? If the Bills can extend him without paying some huge bonus and with incentives, what the hell is wrong with that???

Everyone is jumping to conclusions on this thing. First, that he is going to want some huge contract that he doesn't deserve. Says who? So far, DR has only said that he'd like to get Willis an extension.

And second, this notion that he is demanding one or else! Where was that ever stated or implied? I'm sure every agent would like to get his client extended if possible. DR's style is to do it with lot's of media play, but that's just his style.

The fact is that Willis has been reasonably productive on a team with a very shaky O-line situation, and he has played VERY hurt and very hard. Surely there is a price at which it would be worth it for the Bills to extend Willis, avoid his contract year and keep him from hitting the free market after next season, especially if the Bills O-line continues to improve and and he has a strong year next year.

So if Willis and DR are reasonable, this could be very advantageous for the Bills. And so far, there has been absolutely no indication that they won't be.

I see. I just don't see that scenario playing out here. I think Willis would like security and the fact they have offered the Bills a chance for an extension now is a good thing. The Bills are in the driver seat here. Willis has been reasonably productive, especially in view of our O-line during his tenure here, but certainly not stellar.

I don't get all of this"If Willis played as hard as Travis this season" commentary. The guy played with major injuries and made no big deal about it. I love people who say he should hit the hole harder. There needs to be one there first, before he can hit it.

I get such a kick out of Jerry "The Fart Sniffing Weasel" Sullivan's article about how Willis doesn't deserve an extension. On what basis is this statement made? Doesn't it matter what kind of money we are talking about? Has Willis not performed well enough that the Bills would like him to remain on the team for the right price? If the Bills can extend him without paying some huge bonus and with incentives, what the hell is wrong with that???

Everyone is jumping to conclusions on this thing. First, that he is going to want some huge contract that he doesn't deserve. Says who? So far, DR has only said that he'd like to get Willis an extension.

And second, this notion that he is demanding one or else! Where was that ever stated or implied? I'm sure every agent would like to get his client extended if possible. DR's style is to do it with lot's of media play, but that's just his style.

The fact is that Willis has been reasonably productive on a team with a very shaky O-line situation, and he has played VERY hurt and very hard. Surely there is a price at which it would be worth it for the Bills to extend Willis, avoid his contract year and keep him from hitting the free market after next season, especially if the Bills O-line continues to improve and and he has a strong year next year.

So if Willis and DR are reasonable, this could be very advantageous for the Bills. And so far, there has been absolutely no indication that they won't be.

That was a great post Bob, I couldn't agree more.

Anyone think theres any possibilies of getting another mid-2nd round pick and selecting Micheal Bush? Or even this guy dropping to the 3rd round?

Bush could sit and rehap, with no pressures since it's Willis' contract year, he will be running like crazy and when he leaves town, Bush will be ready to go.

NFL Running Backs (ordered by yards)

The ones I'd take over McGahee are in green.

Ladainian Tomlinson - This goes without explanation.

Larry Johnson - Top notch RB.

Frank Gore - Love the way he's playing right now, I'd like to see more from him though.

Steven Jackson - Very close to McGahee in overall talent, I like how he can catch the ball, it's close, but right now I'd stick with McGahee.

Rudi Johnson - I'll say what I believe, he's the product of a great system.

Brian Westbrook - Can't carry the full load, not a power running back.

Travis Henry - He's coming around nicely in Tennessee but you think he's as good as Willis???

Edgerrin James - Yes, he's on the Cardinals and everyone who's on the Cardinals underperforms. But look at how Addai is doing with the Colts, he's having success as a rookie, I don't think James is as good as we thought he was.

Maurice Jones-Drew - Great running back but he's famous for 2 big games against the Colts this year, I'd like to see him start a full year before saying I'd take him over Willis. He is one hell of a back though.

Lawrence Maroney - I think he's gonna be one hell of a running back, but he hasn't proven himself yet, so I wouldn't take him over Willis at the moment.

Reggie Bush - He's looked brilliant and he's looked awful, I just don't think he has enough power to be a feature back in the NFL. He's perfect for the 2 back system in New Orleans.

I'd take ANY of these guys over Willis at this point.

Willis is a very mediocre running back at this point. I not only wouldn't renegotiate his contract, I'd be seriously looking at taking a flyer in the third or fourth round of the draft of an available RB. I'd go DT and Center or Guard on the first couple, and might go for a TE or LB normally, but I'm just not confident McGahee is a back to get us to the big game.

Willis is a very mediocre running back at this point. I not only wouldn't renegotiate his contract, I'd be seriously looking at taking a flyer in the third or fourth round of the draft of an available RB. I'd go DT and Center or Guard on the first couple, and might go for a TE or LB normally, but I'm just not confident McGahee is a back to get us to the big game.

Given how you feel about Willis, would you accept a 3rd round pick for him in a trade?

Given how you feel about Willis, would you accept a 3rd round pick for him in a trade?

No freakin way will anyone offer a 3rd for Willis. :):doh:

Personally I would let him play out the season. Under no circumstances should the team renegotiate his contract.

It would be difficult not to consider a second or third round pick for WM if anyone would offer. He's nobody's all-pro (unlike travis henry) he didn't get a thousand yards (unlike travis henry) he pulled himself from a game with a bellyache (but in fairness he came back in after a sandwich, a nap and kiss from mommy...unlike Travis Henry who played for the Bills with a frigging broken leg. ) In the absence of any offers, and in the absence of an outrageous request to negotiate his contract (I'm surprised we aren't demanding to renogotiate it downwards) I'd let him keep playing until the likely situation where something better comes along.

Brilliant!! I would tell them both to STFU and let Willis carry the football- and talk extention about the same time next year.

Just like they did with Lindell. Let's face it- If this guy played as hard as say.... Travis Henry did this year, we would not be having this conversation. The Titans do not have a problem paying him this year, because they know he plays hard :) EVERY game.

Sadly and Unfortunately in the NFL, such players never get paid their dime....I am sure the Titans will stone wall and try to get a cheap contract for Henry.