For the married guys on the board...

Tux of Borg

How do you tell the wife that she has gained weight?

If you ever want to tell someone that they need to lose weight, then you had better be in "perfect" physical shape.

If your wife is 50 pounds overweight, and you are 10 pounds overweight (and eat wings and drink beer), then you can't exactly preach to her about health issues.

You don't tell her anything. If she has started to overeat it's because she's not feeling beautiful or sexy any more. You can change that with attention and attitude.

One suggestion? If she does the shopping and the cooking, tell her that you'd like to start eating healthier, give up the fried foods and fast food restaurants, fill the fridge with fresh vegetables and fruits, get rid of the chips and cookies. Start researching nutrition online and suggest that you, as a man, are going to be facing a health risk later if you don't start changing your eating habits. You should should approach eating healthy and walking at night as a health issue, not a weight one. Offer to do this for you, not her. You may be surprised at the results.

Watch "The Biggest Loser".

You don't tell her anything. If she has started to overeat it's because she's not feeling beautiful or sexy any more. You can change that with attention and attitude.

One suggestion? If she does the shopping and the cooking, tell her that you'd like to start eating healthier, give up the fried foods and fast food restaurants, fill the fridge with fresh vegetables and fruits, get rid of the chips and cookies. Start researching nutrition online and suggest that you, as a man, are going to be facing a health risk later if you don't start changing your eating habits. You should should approach eating healthy and walking at night as a health issue, not a weight one. Offer to do this for you, not her. You may be surprised at the results.

Watch "The Biggest Loser".

Good answer. :thumbsup:

Fortunately, us single guys don't have to worry about it until later in life. -_-

At one point does it matter to you?

Five

Ten

Fifty?

My wife has gotten in great shape in the past year or two, but I loved her as much when she had a big ass and a mullett!

(kids will do it!)

I could stand to lose 15 pounds and she let me know. Gotta lay of the <_<

Fortunately, us single guys don't have to worry about it until later in life. <_<

My wife can eat candy all day long and wouldn't gain an ounce.

That said, "I'm concerned about our health.. we should do more active stuff and eat better."

WE WE WE WE WE. NEVER YOU.

-Jeff

If you ever want to tell someone that they need to lose weight, then you had better be in "perfect" physical shape.

If your wife is 50 pounds overweight, and you are 10 pounds overweight (and eat wings and drink beer), then you can't exactly preach to her about health issues.

Why the hell not? I tell my wife all the time "Honey, you're putting on weight." She responds with "You're pretty fat yourself, lard ass." Then we go out for pizza. Big !@#$ing deal.