For the married guys on the board...

Tux of Borg

How do you tell the wife that she has gained weight?

Fortunately, us single guys don't have to worry about it until later in life. :thumbsup:

You don't. She already knows.

Telling her you think she needs to lose weight? Doesn't matter how you do it, it'll be bad no matter what.

depends on whether or not you want to remain married...like lana said, she knows already and doesnt really need anyone pointing it out, best thing to do is be subtle and supportive...but what the hell do i know, i am becoming single..... :thumbsup:

Fortunately, us single guys don't have to worry about it until later in life. :lol:

Fortunately, us single guys don't have to worry about it until later in life. :thumbsup:

Only one way to pull of such a daring maneuver. Start talking about wanting to work out. Make it sound like you want to do it for yourself not her. Make sure she never suspects your real intentions. Eventually suggest that you should workout together (atleast at the same time). It won't make her feel so alienated and if she's like most women she will be happy to share another activity with her man. After a few months the added self esteem should be enough for her to want to do it herself.

Only one way to pull of such a daring maneuver. Start talking about wanting to work out. Make it sound like you want to do it for yourself not her. Make sure she never suspects your real intentions. Eventually suggest that you should workout together (atleast at the same time). It won't make her feel so alienated and if she's like most women she will be happy to share another activity with her man. After a few months the added self esteem should be enough for her to want to do it herself.

Yeah, that will work all the way up to the point where you suggest you should work out together...then your screwed. :thumbsup:

Why do you need to wait until Valintines day? Just get her one as a "just because" gift. We like surprises. :thumbsup:

Well usually you give a chick chocolates on Valentines day. Actually, I just thought of something. Give her a box of chocolates, and put a note saying, "if you want chocolates next year, get your fat ass on a treadmill."

:lol:

You should just be honest and tell her - she will appreciate your constructive criticism especially if you volunteer to help her.

(I will now check the Myrtel Beach newspapers everyday for a report about a humorous murder involving a severed penis.)

For Valentines, get her a membership at a health club.

You're sort of on the right track. Sign-up BOTH of you for a healthclub tomorrow (i.e. not on any special day), start going regularly, and try to take her with you. If she sees you doing it, even if you don't need it (that much), she'll be more likely to do it herself.

You're sort of on the right track. Sign-up BOTH of you for a healthclub tomorrow (i.e. not on any special day), start going regularly, and try to take her with you. If she sees you doing it, even if you don't need it (that much), she'll be more likely to do it herself.

I didn't know my advice was helpful. I was just joking around.