We need an email campaign to get CBS to broadcast all NFL games

In addition to having them broadcast each game in HD, could we also lobby that they improve their camera and broadcast equipment. Their HD sucks compared to ESPN, ABC, and Fox-- it's simply not on the same level. My understanding is that they are supposed to roll out new equipment for a better HD broadcast, but for a network that wanted the NFL, you would think they would have their act together.

CBS May Expand NFL HD In 2007

A network executive tells TVPredictions.com that it's considering airing more than three games a week in high-def.

By Phillip Swann

New York, NY (November 30, 2006) -- CBS has been under attack from high-def owners this season for airing only three National Football League games each week in High-Definition. However, a top CBS executive told TVPredictions.com today that the network is seriously considering adding more HD games in 2007.

"We're studying it," said Robert Seidel, CBS' vice president for engineering and advanced technology. "Our goal is to add more (HDTV) games each year."

CBS broadcasts three American Football Conference games in high-def each week, but rival Fox shows every NFC game in HD. Seidel says CBS has not gone to a full HD lineup yet because of the challenges in producing so many games each week.

"We sometimes do eight games a week, with up to 16 feeds," he said.

For more: http://www.tvpredictions.com/cbshd113006.htm

i think we should quit worrying about HD, and B word to the NFL about the fairness of the blackout policy. Missing 4 home games even though there are more people in attendance than most other games that day is inexcusable. Seriously, having more attendance than Atlanta and not being able to watch the game? That is saying that the NFL hates small market teams.

Note to all: CBS could give a big, fat, juicy, nasty fart about what you want.

I was in Budapest, Hungary this past spring, and there was a pimp on the street who advertised his girls as "Bad crazy nasty." I will admit I took him up on his offer. None of the girls I saw met all three requirements, but I picked one who was certainly bad and certainly nasty. Good times.

Something about big juicy nasty reminded me of that.

Carry on...

I was in Budapest, Hungary this past spring, and there was a pimp on the street who advertised his girls as "Bad crazy nasty." I will admit I took him up on his offer. None of the girls I saw met all three requirements, but I picked one who was certainly bad and certainly nasty. Good times.

Something about big juicy nasty reminded me of that.

Carry on...

Did you take a big juicy nasty antibiotic afterward?

i think we should quit worrying about HD, and B word to the NFL about the fairness of the blackout policy. Missing 4 home games even though there are more people in attendance than most other games that day is inexcusable. Seriously, having more attendance than Atlanta and not being able to watch the game? That is saying that the NFL hates small market teams.

We should also worry about what the hell CBS thinks is the appropriate market for certain games and quit whining about "not in HD" games.

Albany, NY is getting Miami vs Indy instead of Buffalo vs Baltimore at 4:15 on Sunday. <_<

Actually, it is. The red covers Albany (it's about 30 miles from the Massachusetts border - the red section looks like it's almost out to Utica) and my cable box this morning told me that the Albany CBS station is showing Miami vs Indy.

<_<

I believe that there may be bandwith concerns at CBS. For the person who said that Fox had better HD, it does now, but what it was calling HD two or three years ago, when I got my set, was not even as good as SDTV. The resolution was just barely greater than standard broadcast. I think that if you check various shows, some advertised as HD are barely DVD quality.

Yeah, I'm sure sending them lots of emails is going to invest in broadcasting infrastructure.

Bingo! We have a winner. Actually, you are one of the few that understand this. It is a whole new signal standard. Not many realize that just for a broadcast camera, we're talking minimum $100K per copy. And, that's not talking switchers/re-equipinng trucks, monitors, etc. Not even considering the banwidth all this takes. Then, after that, you have to re-train everyone... and the oldtimers are probably resistant to the change with retirement on their horizon. Just for a simple PBS station, with no frills, it would cost them at least $3M for the upgrade.

Not only that, the FCC Mandate is for "digital broadcasting", not High definition. And besides... there are at least 18 different standards for high definition. Pick one, and you're sure to piss off 60 million people.