The royal goat

vegas55

:D Robert Royal - A talented player no doubt, but in his own words " i lost concentration". Precicesly how do you lose concentration in the second half of what amounts to a playoff game? And did you also "lose concentration" on the previuos play when your idiotic block in the back in the RED ZONE for christsakes cost the Bills dearly. Similiar to your other idiotic block in the back that cost us the Pats game on opening day. I mean, this guy did more damage than I thought it was possible for one player to do.

the coaching staff gets the most blame for this loss, IMO

yes the defense stunk and there were single players that made bonehead plays, but for most of the day we were winning in spite of the decision making.

tennesee had a zillion penalties that kept us in this game.

His lack of concentration should earn him a pine ride next season. I like that Seaslack (Sp?) guy. He looks to be working hard and earning his roster spot, unlike Royal who seemingly walked into the starting role. His lack of impact this year has to result in the Bills looking at a free agent TE, esp. New England's Graham.

His lack of concentration should earn him a pine ride next season. I like that Seaslack (Sp?) guy. He looks to be working hard and earning his roster spot, unlike Royal who seemingly walked into the starting role. His lack of impact this year has to result in the Bills looking at a free agent TE, esp. New England's Graham.

877774[/snapback]

He's been doing pretty good but he was the one that caused the first interception.

Oh Royal screwed the pooch in this game!  He is the goat and one of the reasons we lost this game.

Having said that, Royal is a solid TE and will be a important cog in the 2007 offense.

877802[/snapback]

Bingo. This team now has a starting TE--not sure I would have said that 7 weeks ago.

Still needs more work on defense. Get 'er done Marv.

Bingo. This team now has a starting TE--not sure I would have said that 7 weeks ago.

Still needs more work on defense. Get 'er done Marv.

877828[/snapback]

Yea even though that was a :D play, I think he came along this year and he is an underrated part of our runblocking scheme. I think this boneheaded play will haunt and motivate him to redeem himself.

I have not seen the play, so any of my comments should be taken with a grain of salt, but remember this is our blocking tight end. I wish he got the second foot down, and maybe he should have, but after Roscoe's catch against the Jags and Price's against the Texans, I think we have gotten our fair share of toe tapping breaks, and can't hang Royal out to dry based on this one play. He is not Gates or Gonzalez. He is a solid tight end I am very happy to have.

I have not seen the play, so any of my comments should be taken with a grain of salt, but remember this is our blocking tight end.  I wish he got the second foot down, and maybe he should have, but after Roscoe's catch against the Jags and Price's against the Texans, I think we have gotten our fair share of toe tapping breaks, and can't hang Royal out to dry based on this one play.  He is not Gates or Gonzalez.  He is a solid tight end I am very happy to have.

877847[/snapback]

I understand that view, but he had literally 3 yards to put his foot down. I'm still dumbfounded by the play

I understand that view, but he had literally 3 yards to put his foot down. I'm still dumbfounded by the play

877862[/snapback]

Yeah, it was a truly horrible gaffe by Royal. This wasn't a toe tapper. Personally, I think we was so concerned with cradling the easy pass into his arms that he lost track of his feet. An accomplished receiver stops, reaches up and catches that ball in his hands. Royal had to cradle it in and wrap his body around it, because he is basically a clumsy oaf.

I think I'm about at the point where I'm getting sick of blaming Royal though. He did the same sh*t in Washington, that's why they stopped throwing him the ball. I know it's tough for the Bills because nobody pays attention to him and he's usually wide open, but it's because teams don't expect them to throw to the guy because he has hands of stone. This guy is a BLOCKING TE. Nothing wrong with that. Jason Dunn was an early round bust as a TE for Philly, but has made a very nice career for himself as the blocking TE opposite Tony Gonzalez. But the Chiefs don't throw to him for a reason. The bigger the game, the better the competition, the less room for errors. Ask the Seahawks if Jerramy Stevens inconsistency hurt them when they stepped up in class to play the AFC in the Super Bowl. We need a receiving TE or we are doomed to repeat this problem with Royal next season.

877862[/snapback]

Exactly!

All receivers are taught from day one in pee wee football that if you are not sure where the line line is you play it as if your toes are an inch away. He never even tried to drag the second foot. It was the only play where I jumped out of my chair and yelled at the screen in dis-belief. :D

That play will haunt him for the rest of his career, and that will make him a better player I think. He'll be fine next year you watch. :doh:

Yea even though that was a  :D  play, I think he came along this year and he is an underrated part of our runblocking scheme. I think this boneheaded play will haunt and motivate him to redeem himself.

877842[/snapback]

I know this is his first year in Buffalo, but this is NOT a young ascending player. He's an experienced veteran. "Hard hands" is a permanent condition, and anything they can do about it has already been done. He is exactly the same player here that he was in Washington. A good blocker, well liked, but drives the fans crazy with his struggles as a pass receiver.

On the play it looked like he wanted to tap his toes but he leaped for the ball too early and by the time he caught it he couldn't get his feet down. If you look close you can see that he had both his feet together.

He's been doing pretty good but he was the one that caused the first interception.

877775[/snapback]

Nothing personal but you are wrong on this point. The int was a perfectly thrown ball over the lb and in front of the saftey, just as it was going to drop right into Brads bread basket. The lb who had no idea where the ball was, throws his arms into the air after reading the rec's eyes and just barely tips the ball into the air and right to his teammate for the pick.

That pass was thrown right on the money into tight coverage and the guy got lucky, plain and simple........It was the first time this season that I can remember JP making an attempt on the deep route over the middle to a TE, I believe it was also into the wind, just a beautiful pass and they got lucky by 1/2 an inch. :D

By the way, I just watched it again on the dvr, and it really stung the second time in slow motion.

Nothing personal but you are wrong on this point. The int was a perfectly thrown ball over the lb and in front of the saftey, just as it was going to drop right into Brads bread basket. The lb who had no idea where the ball was, throws his arms into the air after reading the rec's eyes and just barely tips the ball into the air and right to his teammate for the pick.

That pass was thrown right on the money into tight coverage and the guy got lucky, plain and simple........It was the first time this season that I can remember JP making an attempt on the deep route over the middle to a TE, I believe it was also into the wind, just a beautiful pass and they got lucky by 1/2 an inch. :D

By the way, I just watched it again on the dvr, and it really stung the second time in slow motion.

877930[/snapback]

My take was he threw into a double team with no room for error. It was a GREAT throw, but not the type of decision I want to see him make on a regular basis. I've been very pleased at how Losman has protected the football, which is a direct contrast to all the people who projected him to be a Brett Favre or Jake Plummer type who is careless with the football.