A couple DET WR's

YOOOOOO

Looks like Detriot is going to cut a couple former 1st rounders...Both of them are tall wideouts that were lights out in college....

Mike Williams&Charles Rogers

But would yall take a chance on one of these guys??

We need a tall wideout...they both fit the bill as far as being a tall target....

tough call...I would depending on the money...

Rogers would probably come real cheap...but of course the injury problems are a major concern....

While Williams would probably cost some decent money even though he hasnt proven a damn thing....

Looks like Detriot is going to cut a couple former 1st rounders...Both of them are tall wideouts that were lights out in college....

We need a tall wideout...they both fit the bill as far as being a tall target....

Rogers would probably come real cheap...but of course the injury problems are a major concern....

While Williams would probably cost some decent money even though he hasnt proven a damn thing....

877723[/snapback]

It seems to me that the risk in signing either one of them runs the same risk as drafting another WR to groom.

I'd rather take chances in the draft on a tall possession type WR, much cheaper for the team and it also seems that younger players mesh well with the 1st system that they have to learnn in their careers.

Rogers was cut before the season even started ... not even the Fish wanted him, and the Pats passed on him, too, after a workout.

878101[/snapback]

Rogers has had drug AND injury problems.

Williams is, by the accounts of Lions fans that I've spoken too, fat, lazy and out of shape, which would make sense considering he has 6 CATCHES FOR 71 YARDS ALL SEASON

:thumbsup:  Same here. A tall, hard working proven 2 or 3 reciever would be perfect for us. The detroit pair are failures and that would not help us in the least bit.

878121[/snapback]

He's the best blue-collar player you can ask for. Saw a espn special on him, great guy in the locker, hard worker, undrafted and worked his way up with hard work. He doesn't have the greatest stats this season, so he wouldn't cost an amazing price, but he'd be perfect guy for the guy next to Evans.

I wouldn't spend too much money on lineman help, look at the Browns, spend all that money for Bentley and look at him. Out for 2 years with an injury. The guy was the #1 OL in free agency.

It's proven if you have great coaches, you can get awesome players down the road in the draft. (Preston 5th round, Pennington 7th, Peters undrafted)... no need to spend the big bucks. I think we need to upgrade Gandy's position with a more proven guy, but i wouldn't make that my priority and throw lots of money down for that.

I think we need to upgrade Gandy's position with a more proven guy, but i wouldn't make that my priority and throw lots of money down for that.

878129[/snapback]

I think a guard and a DT are the two biggest priorities this off-season. Another guard and CB (Nate or another) very close behind that.

IMO, considering how bad certain positions on this team are, WR is low on the list.

I think a guard and a DT are the two biggest priorities this off-season.  Another guard and CB (Nate or another) very close behind that. 

IMO, considering how bad certain positions on this team are, WR is low on the list.

878137[/snapback]

Like i posted somewhere else, i wouldn't spend too much on a guard , it's a very easy position to fill deep in the draft. DT... yeah but there isn't too many. Rod Coleman and Hollis Thomas stand out, but there isn't much more in that market who would be almost guarentees to do a better job then Tripplett, McCargo or Williams.

Like i posted somewhere else, i wouldn't spend too much on a guard , it's a very easy position to fill deep in the draft. DT... yeah but there isn't too many. Rod Coleman and Hollis Thomas stand out, but there isn't much more in that market who would be almost guarentees to do a better job then Tripplett, McCargo or Williams.

878168[/snapback]

I'm hoping for a first round DT and a 2nd round G. The other guard position can be filled in FA, and I agree...it shouldn't break the bank. Just someone better than Gandy/Duke, who can be backups.

I don't agree that G is easily filled late in the draft. If that were true everyone would have great guards on their team, including the Bills. If you want results, you have be willing to invest in the position or hope to be lottery lucky...like we were with Peters. But that just doesn't happen very often.

I'm hoping for a first round DT and a 2nd round G.  The other guard position can be filled in FA, and I agree...it shouldn't break the bank.  Just someone better than Gandy/Duke, who can be backups.

I don't agree that G is easily filled late in the draft.  If that were true everyone would have great guards on their team, including the Bills.  If you want results, you have be willing to invest in the position or hope to be lottery lucky...like we were with Peters.  But that just doesn't happen very often.

878170[/snapback]

I wouldn't argue drafting a DT in the first round so i will go with you there. I just thought you meant go do whatever we can to bring in a top DT in free agency, which i would disagree on. But, last year we picked McCargo, he hasn't turned out into anything special and in my personal opinion i think it was a mistake to pick him, but Bills saw something in him to take him, i think it's too easy to jus give up on him and go and use another first rounder for DT. I know last year alot of people wanted Mathias Kiwanuka instead of McCargo... lol how many people wish we had taken him instead? lol

I wouldn't argue drafting a DT in the first round so i will go with you there. I just thought you meant go do whatever we can to bring in a top DT in free agency, which i would disagree on. But, last year we picked McCargo, he hasn't turned out into anything special and in my personal opinion i think it was a mistake to pick him, but Bills saw something in him to take him, i think it's too easy to jus give up on him and go and use another first rounder for DT. I know last year alot of people wanted Mathias Kiwanuka instead of McCargo... lol how many people wish we had taken him instead? lol

878176[/snapback]

I haven't given up on McCargo. When we picked him the first thing I thought was that he was going to need time. I've given up on Anderson. We need a run stuffing DT to be able to line up next to these guys.

I haven't seen him too much, but the write up on Quinn Pitcock look promising.

As for Kiwi, he is playing DE and as far as I've seen has been doing okay given the team he's on and that he's a rookie who was expected to have problems transitioning. But I don't see much of the Giants, so maybe I'm mistaken.

I like Bennett but the dude will command a pretty big salary this offseason for a #2....

I'd take a waiver on Rogers if he came in for the vet minium, work him to training camp and preseason and see if he has anything to offer....the worst case he gets cut....the best case is he captures some of what he was suppose to be coming out of college...

no no no

FA  money on lines, WR in draft.

878123[/snapback]

Signing Mike Williams wouldn't take much cash at all and the guy has loads of talent. Perhaps being cut is the kick in the ass he needs to start working hard. Given the amount of cash it would take (that is, not much) I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Williams. If he doesn't start working hard just cut him and move on.

877723[/snapback]

Dick Jauron was in Detroit last year so I guess he would know if these guys are worth a shot or not