Final play vs. Tenn

generaLee83

Okay, I'll go along with everyone who has been saying that Lindell had no chance of making that field goal. (posters have cited pre-game attempts at that end and stating that neither kicker was hitting from 40+ into that wind)

Why the hail mary on the last play of the game? I won't put it on Losman, I highly doubt that he chose which play to run, he also had no protection so he had to move around and just heave it.

I didn't see one bills receiver who was not standing in the end zone or within 10 yards of it.

It was 4th and 5 with 50 seconds remaining.

Why not have a receiver you know, maybe go 7 yards out, instead they all took off running towards the endzone like retarded school children, it was as if they wanted to be the hero.

It was horribe playcalling, not because of the no FG attempt but because of the type of pass play that was called.

Haphazard is the way I would describe Buffalo's last drive.

It is because the FG team was coming onto the field and then they were called off, sending the O back in...

I was listening and literally heaving a brick out of my lungs in horror as John Murphy was counting down the play clock... I think they barely got the play off...

What a clustereff... They should have just stuck to their guns either way they originally went with (which was the FG)...

It is because the FG team was coming onto the field and then they were called off, sending the O back in...

I was listening and literally heaving a brick out of my lungs in horror as John Murphy was counting down the play clock... I think they barely got the play off...

What a clustereff... They should have just stuck to their guns either way they originally went with (which was the FG)...

877606[/snapback]

I agree. I've argued against the FG, but whatever you choose you need to be decisive in what you’re doing. The mismanagement on the final drive is what bothred me the most about this game.

I agree. I've argued against the FG, but whatever you choose you need to be decisive in what you’re doing. The mismanagement on the final drive is what bothred me the most about this game.

877611[/snapback]

I have said before I have no prob going for the 1st... If that was their original intent.

IMO, they crossed the Rubicon sending the FG unit almost on... Turning back, the op was doomed from that point on... Play clock down to :01 was direct cause of the botched final Bills' play...

Did anyone think there could have been a pass interference call on that last play? #24 [i think] from Tennessee had his back to the ball and ran into one of our receivers, preventing him from making a play on the ball.

Realistically, it's a call you're probably not going to get on the last play of the game, but I'm surprised no one has commented on it.

Did anyone think there could have been a pass interference call on that last play?  #24 [i think] from Tennessee had his back to the ball and ran into one of our receivers, preventing him from making a play on the ball. 

Realistically, it's  a call you're probably not going to get on the last play of the game, but I'm surprised no one has commented on it.

877660[/snapback]

It's in other threads. Search for interference, and you'll find it. I posted it just after the game. I'm still pissed about it.

It's in other threads.  Search for interference, and you'll find it.  I posted it just after the game.  I'm still pissed about it.

877664[/snapback]

If they gave us that call it would have been just as unfair to the Titans as it was to the Bills in just Give it to Em. You just can't expect PI to get called in that situation, as it shouldn't be.

The problem was not the 4th down call as much as the 2nd and 3rd down calls. There should of been a run either on second or third down.

877636[/snapback]

No way. In fact I have a problem with the first down running play. Gain very little and the clock keeps running. At least with an incompletion the clock stops. I guess I have a problem with the second down pass that was for like one yard..................and the clock keeps running

Really, we choked under pressure. I like Dick J. and think he is a good, solid coach. I like JP and think he is a top 10-20 QB. The whole team just blew the last play. Simple.

Schneck and Moorman were coming back off the field with 22 seconds left

JP was looking at the sidelines from the numeral on the field, nowhere near the line of scrimmage with 17 seconds left. He made it back to the "huddle" with Melvin Fowler having to pull JP up to the LOS to get the play off.

There was no play called in my opinion. The receivers just went, or all JP could say with 4 seconds left was "99 GO".

What's funny is that you people are making such a big deal out of not trying the field goal. Answer me this. What would we talking about if the Bills went for the FG and Lindell missed it? hmmmm. We would be critizing Jauron for not going for it on 4th down. We did the right thing but not kicking the FG.

It was also a FIVE STEP DROP. On what, 4th and 2? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That kind of botched play-calling with the season on the line will get coaches fired under other circumstances. This coaching staff will get a free pass because it was their first year and they exceeded expectations, but that kind of thing cannot happen again. Says me.

If they gave us that call it would have been just as unfair to the Titans as it was to the Bills in just Give it to Em. You just can't expect PI to get called in that situation, as it shouldn't be.

877691[/snapback]

Look at the film of the end of the 1st half pass to Reed. Josh gave that guy a shove in the back and then caught the ball. You can't NOT call it on Reed and then turn around and call it on the Titans unless it was egregious. I'm just being honest.

What's funny is that you people are making such a big deal out of not trying the field goal.  Answer me this.  What would we talking about if the Bills went for the FG and Lindell missed it?  hmmmm.  We would be critizing Jauron for not going for it on 4th down. 

877756[/snapback]

I beg to differ. I'd have rather missed the FG than try the bumbling 4th and 5 play we tried to pull off. I would have been sad if we missed - and said we should have found a way to get closer on prior plays. I would have, however, accepted the loss better. The odds of completing a hail mary pass into the wind are worse than making the FG, plus we looked to be in total disarray.

It was a botched play (or not a designed one). I was in attendance and JP rolled out to the one side looking for a receiver short and was getting pressure, broke a couple tackles and ran accross the field where he made the pass to the endzone in desperation cause no one else was open. The Titans expected a pass and thats what happened.

Please all of you look at the NFL.com replay of that last play. Whether a play was called or not, the blocking by our TE's got us f*cked because JP had their RE in his face within 2 seconds, on a 5 step drop, and had to roll. Nothing's open either cos it's only a 4 man rush... I think Pennington is culpable too - because Royal was totally isolated and got whipped, and then Ceislak whiffed his block.

Please all of you look at the NFL.com replay of that last play.  Whether a play was called or not, the blocking by our TE's got us f*cked because JP had their RE in his face within 2 seconds, on a 5 step drop, and had to roll.  Nothing's open either cos it's only a 4 man rush...  I think Pennington is culpable too - because Royal was totally isolated and got whipped, and then Ceislak whiffed his block.

877975[/snapback]

exactly, blocks were missed, and JP had to improvise with no one open because they knew on a 4th and 5 the Bills would be passing

What's funny is that you people are making such a big deal out of not trying the field goal.  Answer me this.  What would we talking about if the Bills went for the FG and Lindell missed it?  hmmmm.   We would be critizing Jauron for not going for it on 4th down.  We did the right thing but not kicking the FG.

877756[/snapback]

Bingo.

Jauron would have been the bad guy for not trusting our guys to convert. The debate over that call is just petty hindsight fan BS. If you have a gripe it should be over the indecision of the call, not the call itself. As Exiled pointed out the indecision is what guaranteed either decision would fail.

877691[/snapback]

Yeah, but everyone says these crappy calls are supposed to even out... When are we getting paid back for the "Just Give it to 'em" game? :D