Dick Jauron

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short.  I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG.  I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

877080[/snapback]

Yet they thought JP can throw into wind ! Can't have it both ways.

You're right, they (ESPN) know nothing at all about football. That's about the smartest comment I have  seen on this board today.

Merry Xmas :thumbdown:

877110[/snapback]

You're right, they (the Bills coaches - who were actually on the field) know nothing at all about football. That's about the smartest comment I have seen on this board today.

Merry Xmas :wallbash:

Thinking more about it now, its pretty clear that there was NO WAY that kick would have made it. A 45 yarder to win is tough with ZERO wind. With the way things were today, it was virtually impossible.

Still weird the way it all went down.

877106[/snapback]

What wind , look at the replay, when JP took the snap the flags on the goalposts were hanging straightdown not even moving.

You're right, they (the Bills coaches - who were actually on the field) know nothing at all about football.  That's about the smartest comment I have seen on this board today.

Merry Xmas  :thumbdown:

877127[/snapback]

We lost....................... :wallbash:

Yet they thought JP can throw into wind ! Can't have it both ways.

877125[/snapback]

The playcall was not to throw the ball down field. It ended up that way because of the presure JP was under on that play. It's not a matter of having it both ways. I guarantee the play call was for nothing more than a 5-10 yard pass.

The playcall was not to throw the ball down field.  It ended up that way because of the presure JP was under on that play.  It's not a matter of having it both ways.  I guarantee the play call was for nothing more than a 5-10 yard pass.

877133[/snapback]

Why not run it then. It's safer and lot more probable.

Either way Fairchild blew it on this playcall and at the end of the second half.

Everytime the Bills lose the coaches make bad calls and everytime they win they make good calls?  I guess ESPN is always right when then.  :thumbdown:

877134[/snapback]

The Bills coaching staff is always correct. To me, Dick made the wrong call today. We had a chance to win and he pulled back and played conservative. Playing conservative is ok but sometimes you have to lay it all on the line and go for the win.

Lindell has a pretty strong leg if I remember correctly.

The Bills coaching staff is always correct. To me, Dick made the wrong call today. We had a chance to win and he pulled back and played conservative. Playing conservative is ok but sometimes you have to lay it all on the line and go for the win.

Lindell has a pretty strong leg if I remember correctly.

877140[/snapback]

How exactly is the conservative call going for it on 4th down? The conservative call is kicking it and if they miss you made the so called "correct" call.

There were a few bad calls on the field today. The 3rd down call for instance. I would never claim that they were free from criticism.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/garber_greg/1453717.html

"Teams should be a lot more aggressive on fourth down," Romer says with the precise air of a scientist. "On average, you'd be better off going for it, essentially, in any short-yardage situation, and then there are some cases even in longer yardage when you're in that position where neither punting nor a field goal looks very attractive.

Those "idiots" Mariucci, Belichick and Walsh also subscribe to the theory.

Methinks this argument's going to go on for a few days.

Like I have said before I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th down, the problem i have is the play call on 3rd down. If he knew he was going on 4th then they should have run the football on third and had a play ready for 4th down. The play calling was unacceptable IMHO but i don't coach football so who am i.