Dick Jauron

How do you know it won't go through if you don't try?

Dick screwed up, it happens, but everyone saying he made the right choice is smoking something strong.

877304[/snapback]

Well....he started to make the right choice, but then he called Lindell and Moorman off the field. :thumbdown:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you don't know if it would work either...there is no right answer

i feel like i'm arguing with a chimpanzee

877307[/snapback]

I didn't say it would work. I said, you won't know if it will or if it won't if you don't try, and considering the circumstances, going for a long deep pass on 4th & 5 is suicide.

I didn't say it would work.  I said, you won't know if it will or if it won't if you don't try, and considering the circumstances, going for a long deep pass on 4th & 5 is suicide.

877311[/snapback]

pardon me then...there are others here that seem to be entirely sure that if lindell attempted the kick, it would have sliced through the non-existant win and won the game

pardon me then...there are others here that seem to be entirely sure that if lindell attempted the kick, it would have sliced through the non-existant win and won the game

877312[/snapback]

Who knows?

Nice arguing with you chimp.

Fact is, the Bills coaches simply blew it.

A. They should have ran the ball at the end because we needed to milk the clock and they couldn't stop us.

B. Contrary to some of the so-called "experts" who are commenting here, the 45 yard field goal was very makable, as evidenced by the fact that Tennessee kicked one into the same wind from 42 that had a ton of length to spare.

C. If you are going to go for it on 4th dn then run a play for short to medium length that would have given a chance to run more clock and kick a field goal. A touchdown with 50 seconds left still gives Young too much time, and a Hail Mary is only a call for desperation when you need a touchdown.

D. It WAS a call for a Hail Mary, because Evans and Price both were standing deep in the end zone waiting for the bomb on the play. Don't be cowards, people. Give credit when credit is do and blame when blame is do. Today, it was blame, so offer it up, pussies.

Not really. The wind had died down for quite awhile.

877289[/snapback]

all I can say is the flags on the uprights were not moving at all and its very dishearting to not know if we would have made it or not......I just wish we knew the answer, one way or the other, after seeing the results of the 4th and 5 play which had very little chance of succeding.

It was a very tough call to make either way and that was obvious by the lack of having a play ready after the failed 3rd down.

I'm very upset by the loss but even more upset about the way VY killed us at various times today.

If they make the playoffs they can go along way with VY.....He's that good already.

I still like the coaching staff an awfull lot and feel they really had this team ready to play, we were unable to overcome the lack of size on the dline and experience on the oline showed today at the critical times with the game on the line....

This loss really f'n sucks but hey I just lapped up a very very nice slab of prime rib off the spit and life couldn't be better......things are heading in the right direction and not making the playoffs may actually be better in the long run because we really just don't have a playoff ready run defence.

I love the way the offence played today and if anyone had told me this morning that we would score 29 points and lose I wouldn't have believed them. JP rocked again today and will win many games next year. He was off by half an inch on 2 throws today, plus the royals play, but in the end is there any doubt that the titans would have scored 7 instead of 3 on their last drive.

We left 2 many points on the field today, and dispite the lack of help from the d that also contributed to the loss. It really was an all around team loss, a little here and a little there.

It really never should have come down to the last drive........Thats on the team as a whole, every unit failed just a little bit today and it cost us a shot at the playoffs......

Merry Christmas everyone! :thumbdown:

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short.  I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG.  I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

877080[/snapback]

Applying this logic would negate the topic that these people can B word about for a week

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short.  I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG.  I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

877080[/snapback]

Right on.

I got a kick out of the guy who used "so called expert" and "ton of distance" in this thread. Nobody here is saying anything like "Vince Young really killed us on the misdirections because the ends didn't rush straight up the field and the spy [Fletcher] was too slow to keep up with Young." Rather, people (like me) who were at the game are commenting on a simple, observable fact: the cigar-shaped, leather ball used by Rian Lindell and many other participants in the contest between the Bills and the Titans did not pass through the goalposts at a position above the crossbar at the end of the stadium closest to the scoreboard when kicked in that direction today. In fact, we are applying a simple syllogism: Neither Lindell nor the Titans' kicker made field goals exceeding 43 yards to the scoreboard end of the stadium during warm-ups. The field goal that was not attempted would have exceeded 43 yards. Therefore, Lindell was not likely to make the subject field goal.

Obviously, the syllogism assumes that the conditions were the same during warm-ups and at the time of the non-field goal. As one of the "so called expert(s)," I can state that the breeze was stiff at the time od the non-kick. I submit, too, that the players and coaches who work at the facility every day know a great deal more than the out-of-towners who hate the fourth down call, and even the season-ticket holders who sit at that end of the stadium.

Once again, this is a stupid thread. The proper call was made.

Right on.

I got a kick out of the guy who used "so called expert" and "ton of distance" in this thread.  Nobody here is saying anything like "Vince Young really killed us on the misdirections because the ends didn't rush straight up the field and the spy [Fletcher] was too slow to keep up with Young."  Rather, people (like me) who were at the game are commenting on a simple, observable fact: the cigar-shaped, leather ball used by Rian Lindell and many other participants in the contest between the Bills and the Titans did not pass through the goalposts at a position above the crossbar at the end of the stadium closest to the scoreboard when kicked in that direction today.  In fact, we are applying a simple syllogism: Neither Lindell nor the Titans' kicker made field goals exceeding 43 yards to the scoreboard end of the stadium during warm-ups.  The field goal that was not attempted would have exceeded 43 yards.  Therefore, Lindell was not likely to make the subject field goal. 

Obviously, the syllogism assumes that the conditions were the same during warm-ups and at the time of the non-field goal.  As one of the "so called expert(s)," I can state that the breeze was stiff at the time od the non-kick.  I submit, too, that the players and coaches who work at the facility every day know a great deal more than the out-of-towners who hate the fourth down call, and even the season-ticket holders who sit at that end of the stadium. 

Once again, this is a stupid thread.  The proper call was made.

877328[/snapback]

And yet we still lost :thumbdown:

I submit, too, that the players and coaches who work at the facility every day know a great deal more than the out-of-towners who hate the fourth down call, and even the season-ticket holders who sit at that end of the stadium. 

Once again, this is a stupid thread.  The proper call was made.

877328[/snapback]

Given that - why did RL run out to the field on 4th down if this was such a given? Why did JP have to hurry to get the last play off? Why the hell was it a Hail Mary when we needed 5 yards for a fresh set of downs?

We can argue about what SHOULD have been called, but I can't see how anyone can disagree that what was done wasn't a cluster!@#$ of epic proportions.

Applying this logic would negate the topic that these people can B word about for a week

877324[/snapback]

Yes because God forbid, we discuss a football gameday topic on a message board. Much better than the bull sh-- topics that are started day in and day out on irrelevant reasons that the Bills can't make the playoffs.

But anyways, I'm sure he would have missed the kick, I mean I've seen Vanderjagt knock two straight 4th quarter and OT field goals in OT while being more than 50 yards away in a huge snowstorm.. God forbid luck goes our way for once. :thumbdown:

Obviously, the syllogism assumes that the conditions were the same during warm-ups and at the time of the non-field goal.  As one of the "so called expert(s)," I can state that the breeze was stiff at the time od the non-kick.

877328[/snapback]

Sorry. You're wrong. The wind was blowing during warm-ups, but NOT at the time of the non-field goal.

B.  Contrary to some of the so-called "experts" who are commenting here, the 45 yard field goal was very makable, as evidenced by the fact that Tennessee kicked one into the same wind from 42 that had a ton of length to spare.

877315[/snapback]

murphy and kelso said he BARELY made it.

murphy and kelso said he BARELY made it.

877338[/snapback]

True. He barely tucked it between the uprights but he had plenty to spare on distance.

Bottom line: if some of the people who post here are pussies that won't say what needs to be said I could care less. I'll say it: Juron and company blew the final minute, period.

Because it didn't work and the announcers made it sound like the biggest bumbleheaded move in the history of the NFL. And we all know we need to accept what the announcers say.

877085[/snapback]

It's funny because with 57 seconds on the clock my first reaction was that it didn't appear to me there was a middle receiver looking for a 7 or 8 yard gift, giving us an easy spike and FG?

It's funny because with 57 seconds on the clock my first reaction was that it didn't appear to me there was a middle receiver looking for a 7 or 8 yard gift, giving us an easy spike and FG?

877436[/snapback]

That's what I was wondering. With 57 seconds left, why the hell doesn't he make his receivers try and pick up the 1st down? Why go for a bomb? Ok the pocket collapsed but it was a horribly designed and horribly executed play.

Lindell has a good leg.  I question his desire if he truly didn't want to go out and be the hero.

877143[/snapback]

Yeah, dog the guy who goes 5 for 5 plus two extra points. That would have been a very tough field goal. I wanted them to go for it, but I have a bigger problem with not running on 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 6. I agree that there might be some advantage to a guy who thinks he can make every kick and wants to kick it from 60, but I'll take Rian with the game on the line.