Why no field goal?

MrLocke

Bironas has one of the strongest legs in the league. His 42 yard kick into the wind barely cleared the uprights. The odds of Lindel making that kick were significantly less then us converting the first down. It was the right call to not kick the FG.

Sorry mods, merge my thread.

Tough loss, we still weren't going to make the playoffs (Baltimore playing at home with a bye on the line) and I'm still excited about 2007.

But that was DJ's most costly playcalling all year. He gave that game away, and I hope he steps up and admits it. Not running on the 3rd and 1 earlier set up the VY touchdown, but the final drive made me want to cry. 2nd and 6 after a big willis run. That is run, run, and first down or FG attempt. Instead it was a numbing pass, pass, pass.

Absolutely rediculous. Everybody has bad games, but Dick has to admit this one and be blasted for it. That way we can forgive and forget, thank him for a great overall job on the year, and move on to 2007. Let's now root for the 7-9 teams to win to improve draft position (I still want to beat the Ravens, but I want the other teams to have favorable results separately from our game).

Jauron is an idiot. On third and 5 we call some very stupid pass play. It was a completely clueless move. If he knew we were going on 4th the pass on 3rd makes no sense whatsoever, absolutely ridiculous.

876810[/snapback]

Jauron doesnt call the plays on offense

This was the absolute dumbest set of 4 downs that I have ever seen. Even if they kicked the field goal they left way too much time on the clock. 4 pass plays? If you can pass, you can kick.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. If Jauron doesn't call the plays he's an idot for letting that one in, certainly he has a say in that call.

Jauron doesnt call the plays on offense

876865[/snapback]

There are certain times you have to overrule your coordinators. He could have said call a run, but not a specific running play.

This game was huge today, but lets not forget the lose to Detroit who may end up winning the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

Bironas has one of the strongest legs in the league. His 42 yard kick into the wind barely cleared the uprights. The odds of Lindel making that kick were significantly less then us converting the first down. It was the right call to not kick the FG.

Sorry mods, merge my thread.

876832[/snapback]

bull sh--, you have to try a FG for a win. We will never know if Lindell could have made that or not. To me it was totally the wrong call.

We lost :nana:

Don't know if it's Dick Jauron or Steve Fairchild but there was two huge playcalls that lost us the game.

1) At the end of the 1st half when they threw an incomplete pass to stop the clock leaving a minute on the clock before kicking the FG. They should have run it and drained another 43 seconds off the clock. result is Vince Young gets a TD.

2) That putrid playcall at the end of the game. You kick the FG whether it's tough or not. The playoffs were on the line. That throw cplaycall was the stupidest of the year.

This is not the first boned headed playcalling game by Steve Fairchild. Fire Steve Fairchild and keep the playbook. We need someone who is smarter that a brick to make the playcalls. He is a Mularky clone.

bull sh--, you have to try a FG for a win. We will never know if Lindell could have made that or not. To me it was totally the wrong call.

We lost  :nana:

876888[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about? Bironas nailed a 60 yard FG outdoors against the Colts. He barley got the ball over the uprights from 42. The kick was from 45. If he decided to kick you would B word about how stupid that was when the ball landed in the middle of the end zone. It's laughable to think anybody on this board was in a better position to weigh Lindell’s odds then Dick Jauron.

What the hell are you talking about? Bironas nailed a 60 yard FG outdoors against the Colts. He barley got the ball over the uprights from 42. The kick was from 45. If he decided to kick you would B word about how stupid that was when the ball landed in the middle of the end zone. It's laughable to think anybody on this board was in a better position to weigh Lindell’s odds then Dick Jauron.

876903[/snapback]

Tough loss, we still weren't going to make the playoffs (Baltimore playing at home with a bye on the line) and I'm still excited about 2007.

But that was DJ's most costly playcalling all year.  He gave that game away, and I hope he steps up and admits it.  Not running on the 3rd and 1 earlier set up the VY touchdown, but the final drive made me want to cry.  2nd and 6 after a big willis run.  That is run, run, and first down or FG attempt.  Instead it was a numbing pass, pass, pass.

876851[/snapback]

Playoffs were a dream; a winning season was very achievable but this D is a joke!

The line is worse than suspected. We can't run the ball 4 times to get 3 measly yards. Pathetic!!! :nana:

Triplett needs to be released. Passing over Ngata has proven fatal. Donte is very bad in run defense. He whiffs to much on tackles; especially those for a short gain or loss. I've seen the games we won and was horrible.