Was that Pat Williams or Big Ted?

Buffalo Mike1

Holy crap Pat put on some pounds, still extremely fast and bad ass. Curse the day he ever left Buffalo. :lol:

874705[/snapback]

I agree. I initially was pretty vocal that we should not overpay him and also need to find out how Tim Anderson will do. Pat Williams has given 2 solid seasons for the Vikes and still going strong....That 15M would have been good money well spent, as his replacements Edwards and Anderson have been pretty average.

I agree.  I initially was pretty vocal that we should not overpay him and also need to find out how Tim Anderson will do.  Pat Williams has given 2 solid seasons for the Vikes and still going strong....That 15M would have been good money well spent, as his replacements Edwards and Anderson have been pretty average.

874887[/snapback]

I wish the Bills had kept Edwards around. When he wasn't hurt, he was a good player in the middle.

I wish the Bills had kept Edwards around.  When he wasn't hurt, he was a good player in the middle.

874888[/snapback]

I agree. Edwards wasn't as good as PW, but he sure was a hell of lot better than Tim Anderson.

I wish the Bills had kept Edwards around.  When he wasn't hurt, he was a good player in the middle.

874888[/snapback]

when he had his chance he played what seemed like 2 games and was lost for the year. bad timing on his part.

Ron Edwards would have fit this defense almost perfectly, he was very athletic and at 320 had the size to play the nose.

I think he only signed a one year deal with KC, but I'd take Ian Scott, or a vet like Hollis thomas (who I believe signed a 1 year deal with NO)

Thank god we got Kyle Williams, imagine had we not drafted him, and instead had to see more Tim Anderson in there. It's not that he isnt good, he gets to where he needs to be, however doesn't make plays, and has the weakest hands in the NFL.

Ron Edwards would have fit this defense almost perfectly, he was very athletic and at 320 had the size to play the nose.

I think he only signed a one year deal with KC, but I'd take Ian Scott, or a vet like Hollis thomas (who I believe signed a 1 year deal with NO)

Thank god we got Kyle Williams, imagine had we not drafted him, and instead had to see more Tim Anderson in there.  It's not that he isnt good, he gets to where he needs to be, however doesn't make plays, and has the weakest hands in the NFL.

875502[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. Edwards played the style of a pass rusher, although he was built like a run stopper. I seriously doubt that he would be even a little bit effective at nose. I thought that he was poor against the run.

Frankly, I had high hopes for Edwards, but he just wasn't worth keeping imo. In fact, I am happier with Tripplett, and even Kyle Williams, who might prove to be dangerous if he can add some weight and not lose speed (an admittedly tall order, but a possibility).

Edit: Please keep it coming with the draft info!!!!!!!

the only problem is that this years draft class might not produce that, comparing it to last years there is no Ngata,

Alan Branch-is a junior and if he declares (expected) he will be a top ten pick...we are not in the top ten

Quinn Pitcock-is undersized and would be a 3, we need a nose.

Okam could be the answer but his stock has been up and down too.

tank tyler-would be an excellent NT, reminds me of Booger, when he was in college.

Amobi Okoye-would be my choice in the 2nd round, he is only 20, having started his college career at 16. He has the size, is exlpossive and is smart.

I think we address this in the 2nd round...assuming we can get at least one OLman in free agency and re-sign gandy.

i still feel we have to get another Offensive play maker in the 1st....I'm thinking.

Sidney rice

Dwayne Jarrett

Jeff Samardzija-my choice, has great size and great ball skills. and where we are drafting it might be the best choice assuming he doesn't play Baseball instead

I think it's a Fletchesque sham he didn't go to the PB

875675[/snapback]

I just saw on ESPN where the Vikings locked up the other Williams DT long term. They are happy with that combo.

My biggest question still is what is Marv's plan to stop the run? Pat Williams is the proto-type DT- large enough to stuff the run, but fast enough to give QB's nightmares.

Was Tripplett a band-aid for this season, or is he long term material?