More Lee Evans pub

JÂy RÛßeÒ

in his story about deserving players who were snubbed, he gives Evans due props:

7. Lee Evans, Buffalo, receiver -- Like Steve Smith was last year in Carolina, Evans is the whole show in the Bills passing game. Evans has 70 catches for 1,083 yards and six touchdowns. The next most productive Buffalo receiver is either Peerless Price (38 catches for 304 yards and three touchdowns) or Josh Reed (32 for 340 yards and two scores), depending on whether you're counting receptions or yards.

Despite not having anyone to draw some of the double coverage he usually contends with, the third-year pro consistently wins his share of battles with opposing defensive backs. Evans has topped 80 yards receiving in six different games -- with an eye-popping 11-catch, 265-yard, two-touchdown day at Houston in Week 11 -- and continues to develop a good rapport with Bills quarterback J.P. Losman.

He also gets in another good word or 2 for Brian Moorman:

One more tip of the Pro Bowl hat, this one to Buffalo punter Brian Moorman. He finally got his due last year with a trip to Hawaii, but isn't resting on his reputation this season. Despite dealing with some of the worst weather conditions in the NFL, his NFL-best 39.5 net average puts him within striking distance of becoming the first punter in league history to ever crack 40 yards in that key statistical category.

His 29 punts inside the 20 are tied for second in the league, and his five touchbacks rank fourth overall. The Bills special teams are again superb, and their dominance routinely starts with Moorman.

Evans certainly is getting some ink this week. If these writers had given him some props 4-5 weeks ago perahaps he'd be in the Pro Bowl. As much as I like Evans I don't think it's a giant snub that he's not in the Pro Bowl this year. There are a bunch of WRs that are crammed together with similar production and Johnson happened to be the one that got selected (Coles, Walker, Houshmanzadah are the others).

Its not like he was snubbed for TO or someone like that, living off his past reputation.

873125[/snapback]

I can't believe I'm going to do it, but I am. I am going to defend Owens (yes, I feel dirty).

Owens has had a very solid season. 77 reception, over 1k yards and 11 TDs (he leads the league in TD receptions). That's not really living off his past reputation (though I'll agree they're not as good as some of his numbers in the past). It wouldn't have been a stretch for Owens to have made the Pro Bowl.

Lee definitly got robbed. He's having one of the best seasons for recievers in the league and got left off. Andre Johnson?! Andre Johnson?! I know he's good but come on, I haven't seen any highlights of him all year. Plus, he's got Moulds where Lee doesn't have nearly as much support even though the rest of the recievers are starting to step up, in baby steps however, but none the less

Lee definitly got robbed. He's having one of the best seasons for recievers in the league and got left off. Andre Johnson?! Andre Johnson?! I know he's good but come on, I haven't seen any highlights of him all year. Plus, he's got Moulds where Lee doesn't have nearly as much support even though the rest of the recievers are starting to step up, in baby steps however, but none the less

873136[/snapback]

Oh, so you haven't even seen highlights of him but you know he's not that good this year, huh? :rolleyes:

General point on Pro Bowl snubs:

Nobody on the Bills was "robbed." A case can be made for Evans over Johnson (and Coles) and a case can be made for Fletcher over Wilson (and Ryans and Lewis). But these arguments are not so blatantly correct as to constitute robbery. Basically, the best that can be argued is that there should be more than four receivers on the team.

I can't believe I'm going to do it, but I am.  I am going to defend Owens (yes, I feel dirty).

Owens has had a very solid season.  77 reception, over 1k yards and 11 TDs (he leads the league in TD receptions).  That's not really living off his past reputation (though I'll agree they're not as good as some of his numbers in the past).  It wouldn't have been a stretch for Owens to have made the Pro Bowl.

873131[/snapback]

You forgot the other stat TO leads the league in, dropped passes

I wish Lee were going if only for the simple fact that he doesn't toot his own horn the way some of these punks do...

He just quietly does his job the way he ought to.

Here's to a 9-7 finish.... which should get us a primetime game next year, which will lead to more press if they perform... which leads to Pro Bowl appearances...

If you polled non-Bills fans about who the top receivers in the game right now are, his name wouldn't come up, but you can bet lesser talented players names would on sheer name recognition...

Let's Go Buffalo!