Vince Young: Alternate?!?!?!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is making the idea of JP Losman being in the Pro Bowl sound sane.

Oh well, let Young have his Pro Bowl selection, it will just make it so much sweeter when JP shows him up on Sunday and Tennessee is eliminated from playoff contention

873009[/snapback]

And that's not all. If you look at the numbers, there is little difference between JP and Rivers. Rivers's QB rating is a couple points higher, he's thown for one more TD pass and perhaps one less INT. Their yards per attempt are about the same. It's becoming hard to deny that JP is one of the better QBs in the league.

OK. I saw the Vince Young mention, but I am cannot find a listing of the alternates anywhere. Can anyone help?

873134[/snapback]

I think this could be a genuine mistake by ESPN....That writer might have just been over zealous.

Vince had a bad start to the season to be in. If voting only was for the last half, I could see a point.

Vick made it to the probowl a lot.. And undeservingly so. However, vince is already a better QB than Vick is. So that might have to do something with it.

Even I don't think Vince deserved to be a Pro Bowl alternate. I'd have put Brady and even McNair ahead of him as the 2 alternates.

But yes, the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. And despite the fact that he might deserve it, he gets a ton of hype. He's just a rookie and not ready to be a Pro Bowl QB yet, though.

? Your wrong... Vince is an alternate. First alternate I might add too.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_ne....php?PRKey=4506

873801[/snapback]

Well, again I ask, does anyone know where we can find a list of all the alternates? It is terrible that London and Lee got snubbed, so I want to know if it is possible that they didn't even make it as one of the alternates at their respective positions.

Well, again I ask, does anyone know where we can find a list of all the alternates? It is terrible that London and Lee got snubbed, so I want to know if it is possible that they didn't even make it as one of the alternates at their respective positions.

873861[/snapback]

Don't know how reliable this is

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=193039

I could buy that argument in college, were most teams don't play the other teams, but given the player movement in free agency and the amount that teams play other teams in their division (and other teams quite often), I'm not sure its true.

873126[/snapback]

It is. That's why they make such a big deal out of playing in Prime Time. They know it's the only time the rest of the league will be able to watch them.

It is.  That's why they make such a big deal out of playing in Prime Time.  They know it's the only time the rest of the league will be able to watch them.

874395[/snapback]

I thought that was more so the whole country would see it. Playing on a Sunday night doesn't mean everyone will get to see your game - lots of teams are traveling.

I really don't think players and coaches know that much more about the entire league.  They certainly know a hell of a lot more about the players on the teams they play but they really don't have much time to concentrate on the league as a whole.  I'd guess most of them only see, at most, one game on TV a week.

The way the Pro-Bowl is done now is fine.  Sure I don't agree with all of the selections but I don't think I would no matter how they were done.

873124[/snapback]

If a player/coach could only vote for a player their team played against it would most certainly be fair. A fixed number of coaches per team, and a minimum of 8 games on the active roster would work quite well actually.

It would also reduce the importance of a primetime game, which always go to a large market team first if two teams are of similar strength.