Detroit Coach arrested for DUI

The Tomcat

Lions assistant suspended for drunken, nude driving arrests

2006-12-19 10:10

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -Detroit Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen was suspended by the NFL for Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears for two arrests - one for drunken driving and one for nude driving. He also was fined $20,000 in addition to the one-week suspension.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell cited the defensive line coach for conduct detrimental to the league, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday.

The Lions suspended Cullen from the season opener against Seattle. But Cullen met with Goodell on Dec. 1 in New York and the commissioner decided a one-game suspension wasn't enough.

Cullen was pulled over Aug. 24 in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn and ticketed on suspicion of indecent and obscene conduct after police said he was driving nude. The Lions said alcohol was involved.

On Sept. 1, police stopped his vehicle and determined he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.12 percent, according to court records. The legal limit for drivers in Michigan is 0.08 percent.

The misdemeanor cases have been adjourned until Jan. 11 to allow Cullen to complete counseling.

:oops::):(:wallbash:

Sorry if already posted

Why is driving in the nude illegal?

Not that I'd do it myself, but...why?  Is it some sort of safety hazard?  An increased risk of burning something sensitive in the cigarette lighter in an accident or something?  :(

872138[/snapback]

Perhaps other drivers attention is the concern. Every guy I know would speed, swerve and generally ignore everyone and every law to get a view of a hot naked chick driving a car.

Perhaps other drivers attention is the concern.  Every guy I know would speed, swerve and generally ignore everyone and every law to get a view of a hot naked chick driving a car.

872159[/snapback]

There is probably the opposite danger for the not hot naked dude and swerving away.

I think it is a danger that we can live with.

I support driving naked. Now naked golf, I'm not for that based solely on the golfing demographics.

I support driving naked. Now naked golf, I'm not for that based solely on the golfing demographics.

872164[/snapback]

The necessary balance needed for driving off the tee, or longish fairway shots would be off, as frontal masses whip about - an inertia thing - and be hand-wringingly bleated about as a vicious male attack on the protected, patty-caked-in-society sex. :(

Why is driving in the nude illegal?

Not that I'd do it myself, but...why?  Is it some sort of safety hazard?  An increased risk of burning something sensitive in the cigarette lighter in an accident or something?  :(

872138[/snapback]

It has to do with the seat belt and ugly chafe marks. Wimmin would get irritated nipples too, and if there's one thing I've learned in 22 years of marriage it's never irritate a nipple.

This happen like four months ago --- you are just getting around to posting it now -- do you live in a cave??? :(  :wallbash:

872205[/snapback]

Reading comprehension 101:

The Lions suspended Cullen from the season opener against Seattle. But Cullen met with Goodell on Dec. 1 in New York and the commissioner decided a one-game suspension wasn't enough.

It has to do with the seat belt and ugly chafe marks.  Wimmin would get irritated nipples too, and if there's one thing I've learned in 22 years of marriage it's never irritate a nipple.

872233[/snapback]

But how bad is seat belt chafing when driving naked, really?

Lana, do you know?

I agree.  As long as he wasn't on a coffee run to McDonald's, what's the harm...

872296[/snapback]

As long as you slump down in the seat, drive after dark and don't speed you're OK.

I believe he was spotted at a Drive-thru window and was caught that way.

Maybe he reached for his wallet and found something else?