A few questions about attending Sundays game.

titanbuoy

Hey all, I'm a Titans fan that's heading down to the game on Sunday. I bought the tickets during the summer never imagining that the game could have playoff implications. I was just hoping that at this point in the season I'd have a chance to see Vince play. Hopefully you guys are as excited about this game as we Titans fans are.

I've got a couple of questions for you guys regarding attending a game at Rich Stadium (I haven't been to see a game since the Frank Reich led 35 -3 comeback Wildcard disaster game between the Bills and Oilers) :( . I actually snagged some pretty decent seats for the game (sec 111 row 4). How obstructed will my view be by the players standing on the sidelines? What time does the visiting team's bus arrive for the game and is possible to snag an auto or two at that point? I'm hoping the weather holds out and I won't be freezing my butt off. Any recommendations from you guys for making the experience more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated.

If I wear my Vince or Pacman jersey how much abuse will I receive (other than good natured ribbing)?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I'm a Titans fan that's heading down to the game on Sunday. I bought the tickets during the summer never imagining that the game could have playoff implications. I was just hoping that at this point in the season I'd have a chance to see Vince play. Hopefully you guys are as excited about this game as we Titans fans are.

I've got a couple of questions for you guys regarding attending a game at Rich Stadium (I haven't been to see a game since the Frank Reich led 35 -3 comeback Wildcard disaster game between the Bills and Oilers)  :( . I actually snagged some pretty decent seats for the game (sec 111 row 4). How obstructed will my view be by the players standing on the sidelines? What time does the visiting team's bus arrive for the game and is possible to snag an auto or two at that point? I'm hoping the weather holds out and I won't be freezing my butt off. Any recommendations from you guys for making the experience more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated.

If I wear my Vince or Pacman jersey how much abuse will I receive (other than good natured ribbing)?

871817[/snapback]

I had almost those exact seats for a game in 04 and hated them. It WAS an experience being that close, but you will watch most of the game on the screen.

As for the shirt, that is a personal choice. There can always be a drunk who dislikes it, and you might receive a black eye for Christmas. I don't think that RWS is any worse for this sort of thing than any other football stadium, but I for one would see no wisdom in wearing in wearing a Bills Jacket to Tennessee.

Again, this is only my train of thought, and I am sure others will disagree.

I had almost those exact seats for a game in 04 and hated them. It WAS an experience being that close, but you will watch most of the game on the screen.

As for the shirt, that is a personal choice. There can always be a drunk who dislikes it, and you might receive a black eye for Christmas. I don't think that RWS is any worse for this sort of thing than any other football stadium, but I for one would see no wisdom in wearing in wearing a Bills Jacket to Tennessee. 

Again, this is only my train of thought, and I am sure others will disagree.

871825[/snapback]

Hey thanks. Not exactly what I wanted to hear about the seats. It sounds like there might be a lot of vacant spots to park my butt should I decide to change my vantage point.

Maybe I'll take a pass on wearing a Titans jersey... I'm on the visitors sideline and thought it'd be cool... but I'll be with my 10 year old nephew and don't want to have any hassles.

Hey thanks. Not exactly what I wanted to hear about the seats. It sounds like there might be a lot of vacant spots to park my butt should I decide to change my vantage point.

Maybe I'll take a pass on wearing a Titans jersey... I'm on the visitors sideline and thought it'd be cool... but I'll be with my 10 year old nephew and don't want to have any hassles.

871833[/snapback]

Some people complain that the Ralph smells a lot like piss and puke, but that's just because it's tough to scrape the remnants of the Dolphins off the floor. I'm hoping someone will Febreeze the stadium before kickoff.

I've got a couple of questions for you guys regarding attending a game at Rich Stadium (I haven't been to see a game since the Frank Reich led 35 -3 comeback Wildcard disaster game between the Bills and Oilers)  :( . I actually snagged some pretty decent seats for the game (sec 111 row 4). How obstructed will my view be by the players standing on the sidelines? What time does the visiting team's bus arrive for the game and is possible to snag an auto or two at that point? I'm hoping the weather holds out and I won't be freezing my butt off. Any recommendations from you guys for making the experience more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated.

871817[/snapback]

Usually in those seats, you are with the season ticket holders meaning the fans are much more calm atleast i think so! I was in Sec 112 row 12 for the Jags game and I didnt see any problems what so ever!

Its simple, if you wear the other teams gear be smart. If your team is winning the game no reason to act like a jack@ss.......cause it could make things worse. Chanses are if you are being a good fan, most fans will be good to you also.

As for players buses arriving at the stadium....Ive seen them arrive just before the gates to the parking lot open and thats 5 hours before the games begin which is around 9am. The players arrive over on the other side of the field house. I do know if you get into the stadium at 11:30 and get right to the field you might be able to get an autograph or 2, the best spot for that is prolly the tunnel or at the other end of the stadium scoreboard side , thats where your Titans will be doing pregame jogging....might see some players working on routes and things.

Best of luck to you and enjoy the game!

Happy Holiday!

871833[/snapback]

I was either in the 1st or 2nd row, right behind the bench. MaGee returned a kick right in front of me for a td, and he was 20 yards past me in what seemed like a second.

It was interesting to watch the coaches, etc., but a little higher up is my preference.

I agree that as long as your not being an a-hole you shouldn't have any problems in that section. This isn't Miami or the Jets were playing. If for some reason, like that drunk A-Hole, theres a problem...be willing to take the Jersey off so your Nephew doesn't have to hear it. I just took my 10 year old to the Dolphins game and it wasn't bad where we sat. I prepaired him that people might be saying some nasty things to the Dolfags fans but since we man-handled them, it was only good natured ribbing but I've seen bad things when Miami wins......One being a Miami fan going into the porta-potty, getting tipped over and him coming out just covered.....oh the humanity....

Enjoy the game.

I wouldn't worry about wearing your jersey as long as you don't act like Captain D!ckhead whenever the Titans do something great. That opens you up to all sorts of verbal abuse, objects being thrown in your general direction, and the occasional shove/punch.

But you should be okay. There are usually a fair amount of the opposing team's fans wearing jerseys who sit behind the Visitors' bench. Enjoy the game!! (But not too much)

BTW, sweet avatar. :(

I always wear my Bills jersey to away stadiums, and I always see people wearing the opposing team's jerseys at the Ralph.

If you are respectful of the people around you, you won't have any problems. If you act like an idiot, you will...anywhere. I always make friends with the folks around me, talk about football, baseball, whatever. There might be a jerk or two around, but most are fine, and I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm really pretty disappointed about the seats. I was so geeked when I got them (I've always had nosebleeds for every NFL game I've attended), initially it didn't occur to me that my view of the field might be obstructed by the players on the sidelines... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hopefully the mild weather holds out. If it does I think I'll be brave and wear my Pacman jersey.

I should arrive at the stadium around 10:30. Hopefully I'll see a few of you guys tailgating. Look for the slightly bleary eyed 40 year old with a blue Pac jersey on.

:( (no reason for the smilie... just liked the pirate... Argh matey! Shiver me timbers!)

I'd hope that any Bills fans that saw a drunk hassling you and your nephew would stick up for you. Strike that, I hope any NFL fan would stick up for you. Unless you're being a jerk yourself, it's completely inexcusable.

By the way, by clicking on section 111 here, you get a view of the field, but it looks like it's from the top of your section. This may be a view from your relocated seats if you are able to move....

http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/SeatingChart.jsp

Edit: looks like THE TOMCAT beat me to it....

871833[/snapback]

All I can say it is never a good idea to take a kid to your first trip to an out of town stadium w/o testing the waters first.

GL to you and the boy tho. I'm sure fans wouldn't hassle him like they would you.

The sad thing is "family seating" is way up there and any kid wouldn't really enjoy that.

This guy always has a Titans jersey on....look for him there

Crazed Titans Fan

872001[/snapback]

:nana: Didn't click on this link initially... just did. Many chuckles (looks like the president of the Tom Brady fan club)

Just realized I'm still calling your stadium Rich... "old guy alert"! I'm still not used to calling it Ralph, my bad.

The Titans got completely shut out of the Pro Bowl today. They'll likely be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder on Sunday. Fish loves to milk this type of stuff for all it's worth when motivating the guys.

What's the local radio station. Miraculously I was able to find an old pair of radio headphones. Sadly it only has an FM receiver, so I'm thinkin' I'm S.O.L. . I guess I should go hit Wal Mart to grab an AM pair (if they still make these frickin' things). The idea of going to a Wal Mart the week before Christmas is a little scary though.

Thanks again for the help.

PS: I love "disastard"... is there a variant spelling? Disasturd... hehehe

I've got a couple of questions for you guys regarding attending a game at Rich Stadium (I haven't been to see a game since the Frank Reich led 35 -3 comeback Wildcard disaster game between the Bills and Oilers)  :nana: . I actually snagged some pretty decent seats for the game (sec 111 row 4). How obstructed will my view be by the players standing on the sidelines? What time does the visiting team's bus arrive for the game and is possible to snag an auto or two at that point? I'm hoping the weather holds out and I won't be freezing my butt off. Any recommendations from you guys for making the experience more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated.

871817[/snapback]

Hi.....I've sat all over RWS including three rows behind the Minnesota Vikings bench back in 1997 and row 6 behind the Bills bench in 1999. It is an experience though to see the guys up close. I remember looking the late Corey Stringer 10 feet away from me and his size was remarkable.

I prefer the upper deck. It gives a great vantage point and you can see the entire play developing. That's my preference. If you enjoy sitting in a library atmosphere the Club seats in the second level are probably the best in the house.

For wearing the Titans colours, that's your choice. Most Bills fans are civil. There is the occasional idiot out there however. You can earn a lot of brownie points with the people in your section by high fiving them right before kick off and say "I'm only doing this once"....."Are you ready"..........I've never been bugged at all after that.

:nana:  Didn't click on this link initially... just did. Many chuckles (looks like the president of the Tom Brady fan club)

Just realized I'm still calling your stadium Rich... "old guy alert"! I'm still not used to calling it Ralph, my bad.

The Titans got completely shut out of the Pro Bowl today. They'll likely be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder on Sunday. Fish loves to milk this type of stuff for all it's worth when motivating the guys.

What's the local radio station. Miraculously I was able to find an old pair of radio headphones. Sadly it only has an FM receiver, so I'm thinkin' I'm S.O.L. . I guess I should go hit Wal Mart to grab an AM pair (if they still make these frickin' things). The idea of going to a Wal Mart the week before Christmas is a little scary though.

Thanks again for the help.

PS: I love "disastard"... is there a variant spelling? Disasturd... hehehe

872546[/snapback]

103.3 FM carries the Bills game....you're in luck