A few questions about attending Sundays game.

titanbuoy

I think you'll be fine wearing a Titans jersey as long as you're cool. I've been to Minnesota and Green Bay with a Bills jersey and the fans were cool, so I'd suspect the same would hold true in Buffalo. Just don't be a jerk. ;)

Have fun - and post a recap after the Titans are eliminated from the playoff race this Sunday :nana:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nana:  Didn't click on this link initially... just did. Many chuckles (looks like the president of the Tom Brady fan club)

Just realized I'm still calling your stadium Rich... "old guy alert"! I'm still not used to calling it Ralph, my bad.

The Titans got completely shut out of the Pro Bowl today. They'll likely be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder on Sunday. Fish loves to milk this type of stuff for all it's worth when motivating the guys.

What's the local radio station. Miraculously I was able to find an old pair of radio headphones. Sadly it only has an FM receiver, so I'm thinkin' I'm S.O.L. . I guess I should go hit Wal Mart to grab an AM pair (if they still make these frickin' things). The idea of going to a Wal Mart the week before Christmas is a little scary though.

Thanks again for the help.

PS: I love "disastard"... is there a variant spelling? Disasturd... hehehe

872546[/snapback]

dont worry about still calling it Rich...I still do all the time.

As for wearing a Titans jersey, wear it, be proud of your team, just dont be a jerk everytime you team does something and you'll be fine. As for wearing a Pacman jersey, if you wear it I'll have your back...gotta stick up for anyone who supports WVU alums.

Anyways, hope you and your nephew have a great time at the game and enjoy the Buffalo area in general

:nana:  Didn't click on this link initially... just did. Many chuckles (looks like the president of the Tom Brady fan club)

Just realized I'm still calling your stadium Rich... "old guy alert"! I'm still not used to calling it Ralph, my bad.

The Titans got completely shut out of the Pro Bowl today. They'll likely be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder on Sunday. Fish loves to milk this type of stuff for all it's worth when motivating the guys.

What's the local radio station. Miraculously I was able to find an old pair of radio headphones. Sadly it only has an FM receiver, so I'm thinkin' I'm S.O.L. . I guess I should go hit Wal Mart to grab an AM pair (if they still make these frickin' things). The idea of going to a Wal Mart the week before Christmas is a little scary though.

872546[/snapback]

The pixyland link is a running joke around here... ;)

As previously noted, you can find the broadcast at either 97 Rock (96.9) or the Edge (103.3) on your FM dial. For some reason, 103.3 seems to come in better for me inside the stadium.

Seat location: my seasons are in 109; I started out in row 4, them moved up twice (6, now 15). It's cool to be that close at first, but you do end up watching some of the game on the scoreboard. Depends, though - if it's chilly, some of your Titans are more likely to grab some (heated) bench space rather than standing along the sideline.

If you wear your Titans gear, you can expect some booing and "Titans suck" type of comments, probably some profanity. (Then again, where you're sitting, you'll overhear that stuff directed at the players no matter what you wear...) I've worn Bills stuff into opposing stadiums, so I can guarantee that this happens pretty much everywhere -- in Cincy a couple of years ago, we had a 10-year-old kid right in front of us spend the entire first half telling us how much the Bills sucked. (Then, since the 'Gals were losing badly, the family bailed out at halftime.)

The Bills have instituted a Guest Services Gameday Hotline, in case somebody in your section really gets stupid. I've given this number to several opposing fans this year, but far as I know, nobody's had to use it. You might want to carry it with you just in case, though: 716-312-8933

If you're in the area of Lot 1 Pole 5 before the game, stop in and say hi.

The pixyland link is a running joke around here... :nana:

As previously noted, you can find the broadcast at either 97 Rock (96.9) or the Edge (103.3) on your FM dial. For some reason, 103.3 seems to come in better for me inside the stadium.

Seat location: my seasons are in 109; I started out in row 4, them moved up twice (6, now 15). It's cool to be that close at first, but you do end up watching some of the game on the scoreboard. Depends, though - if it's chilly, some of your Titans are more likely to grab some (heated) bench space rather than standing along the sideline.

If you wear your Titans gear, you can expect some booing and "Titans suck" type of comments, probably some profanity. (Then again, where you're sitting, you'll overhear that stuff directed at the players no matter what you wear...) I've worn Bills stuff into opposing stadiums, so I can guarantee that this happens pretty much everywhere -- in Cincy a couple of years ago, we had a 10-year-old kid right in front of us spend the entire first half telling us how much the Bills sucked. (Then, since the 'Gals were losing badly, the family bailed out at halftime.)

The Bills have instituted a Guest Services Gameday Hotline, in case somebody in your section really gets stupid. I've given this number to several opposing fans this year, but far as I know, nobody's had to use it. You might want to carry it with you just in case, though: 716-312-8933

If you're in the area of Lot 1 Pole 5 before the game, stop in and say hi.

872612[/snapback]

good call with the fan service number Lori...almost forgot about that. I'm hoping though since it is Christmas Eve that the majority of the fans will be in the "Christmas Spirit"

Lot 1 Pole 5...I'll try to swing by...always nice to meet the people you chat with on here

good call with the fan service number Lori...almost forgot about that.  I'm hoping though since it is Christmas Eve that the majority of the fans will be in the "Christmas Spirit"

Lot 1 Pole 5...I'll try to swing by...always nice to meet the people you chat with on here

872679[/snapback]

Depends on your definition of "Christmas Spirit(s)"... :nana:

Sounds like most of the "diehards" are drifting in for this game, but I still expect a somewhat sparse gathering. Ah well. You can also wander over and check out the Pinto, if you haven't already done so on a previous trip...

If you want to wear your jersey, the safest place would be the scoreboard end-zone.  Wear it proud, move over there and cheer really loud!!!!!!!!!!!!

872683[/snapback]

Tsk. You trying to get the poor guy killed, and on Christmas Eve? Now that's just not right.

Hey all, I'm a Titans fan that's heading down to the game on Sunday. I bought the tickets during the summer never imagining that the game could have playoff implications. I was just hoping that at this point in the season I'd have a chance to see Vince play. Hopefully you guys are as excited about this game as we Titans fans are.

I've got a couple of questions for you guys regarding attending a game at Rich Stadium (I haven't been to see a game since the Frank Reich led 35 -3 comeback Wildcard disaster game between the Bills and Oilers)  ;) . I actually snagged some pretty decent seats for the game (sec 111 row 4). How obstructed will my view be by the players standing on the sidelines? What time does the visiting team's bus arrive for the game and is possible to snag an auto or two at that point? I'm hoping the weather holds out and I won't be freezing my butt off. Any recommendations from you guys for making the experience more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated.

If I wear my Vince or Pacman jersey how much abuse will I receive (other than good natured ribbing)?

871817[/snapback]

the good thing for you is if you dont like the seats you can sit just about anywhere, our games dont sell out as of late :nana:

the good thing for you is if you dont like the seats you can sit just about anywhere, our games dont sell out as of late :rolleyes:

872750[/snapback]

I have to say I'm pretty surprised by the lack of excitement regarding the Bills late season push. You've got an exciting young team that seems to be coming together nicely. Knowing how passionate Bills fans have been through the years I'd have thought the band wagon would be overflowing at this point. I'm sure if Sunday's game were in Nashville it'd be a sell out.

Regardless, it should be a great hard fought game. I'm sure those of us who do attend will have a blast.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised by the lack of excitement regarding the Bills late season push. You've got an exciting young team that seems to be coming together nicely. Knowing how passionate Bills fans have been through the years I'd have thought the band wagon would be overflowing at this point. I'm sure if Sunday's game were in Nashville it'd be a sell out.

Regardless, it should be a great hard fought game. I'm sure those of us who do attend will have a blast.

873080[/snapback]

Sucking for an eternity will do that to a fanbase.

Still, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just hoping it's not an oncoming train.

873080[/snapback]

You kidding me? Lack of excitement? People are plenty excited. But its Christmas Eve, and people have families and traditions and what not....some things are more important than football. Maybe Nashville would sell out, but I'd bet there would be at least 10k empty seats as well, because its a Christmas Eve game.

People are pumped. Even if the stadium is missing 20k people, its going to be loud with the playoffs on the line.

You kidding me?  Lack of excitement?  People are plenty excited.  But its Christmas Eve, and people have families and traditions and what not....some things are more important than football.  Maybe Nashville would sell out, but I'd bet there would be at least 10k empty seats as well, because its a Christmas Eve game.

People are pumped.  Even if the stadium is missing 20k people, its going to be loud with the playoffs on the line.

873096[/snapback]

For my family Christmas Eve has always been , well, Christmas Eve, not Christmas Eve Day. Are there really that many families that get together and hang out all day on Christmas Eve Day? That's what we do on Christmas Day.

That being said I think the NFL would have been wise to move the games to Saturday.

Speaking of the NFL and their scheduling, wtf is up with them scheduling a game at 5pm EST on Christmas Day? Are they unaware that many people enjoy a big Christmas dinner together? What was wrong with starting the game at 12-1 and then having the Monday nighter at 8? As it is I'm not going to get to see much of the early game.

For my family Christmas Eve has always been , well, Christmas Eve, not Christmas Eve Day.  Are there really that many families that get together and hang out all day on Christmas Eve Day?  That's what we do on Christmas Day.

That being said I think the NFL would have been wise to move the games to Saturday.

Speaking of the NFL and their scheduling, wtf is up with them scheduling a game at 5pm EST on Christmas Day?  Are they unaware that many people enjoy a big Christmas dinner together?  What was wrong with starting the game at 12-1 and then having the Monday nighter at 8?  As it is I'm not going to get to see much of the early game.

873109[/snapback]

Very good comments, MDH.

hey man, thanks for coming up to buffalo in december!

i havent read the whole thread but just wanted to comment on you wearing your jersey:

i would hope that you wont run into any major problems, as for years us Bills fans carried ourselves with a good amount of class. ive been going to NFL games for 18 years and visiting fans are definitely safer at the Ralph than most other stadiums.

that being said, whenever you get 70,000+ people together and throw a ton of beer at them... who knows.

as long as you dont egg anything on, you should be fine. its not like there is a huge hateful rivalry with the titans.

good luck and see you sunday!!

For my family Christmas Eve has always been , well, Christmas Eve, not Christmas Eve Day.  Are there really that many families that get together and hang out all day on Christmas Eve Day?  That's what we do on Christmas Day.

873109[/snapback]

yes, almost everyone i know celebrates on Christmas Eve AND Christmas day.

marriages, big families, out of towners, and divorces all contribute to this. Christmas eve with the wifes side, christmas with my side. OR christmas eve with my dad's side and christmas with my mom's. take your pick

My immediate family will be together Christmas Eve - day and night. Part of it is visiting, much is preparation for Monday, last minute errands, friends stopping in... followed by church at 5 pm. I will catch as much football as I can on the tube, even if it is not the Bills, and my headphones will not be playing "Deck the Halls". :lol:

I would have very different plans if the game was Saturday - I would be there!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas this weekend!

GO BILLS!

Speaking of the NFL and their scheduling, wtf is up with them scheduling a game at 5pm EST on Christmas Day?  Are they unaware that many people enjoy a big Christmas dinner together?  What was wrong with starting the game at 12-1 and then having the Monday nighter at 8?  As it is I'm not going to get to see much of the early game.

873109[/snapback]

Hey thanks again guys. I've decided against wearing a jersey. Just the fact that a Titans win will eliminate the Bills has me thinking the walk back to the car might be a little hazardous should that happen. Sounds like the weather won't be too foul. I'm hoping I can get away with not wearing a touque (I'm a non hat wearing kinda guy... they drive me nuts).

Got to leave my house at around 7AM to make Orchard Park by 11... meh. Waking up at 5AM on December 24th is a tad harsh.

See you in a few hours.... oh and yes...

GO TITANS! :lol:

All I can say it is never a good idea to take a kid to your first trip to an out of town stadium w/o testing the waters first. 

GL to you and the boy tho.  I'm sure fans wouldn't hassle him like they would you.

The sad thing is "family seating" is way up there and any kid wouldn't really enjoy that.

872536[/snapback]

Why is that?

Most kids like to sit way up high...

I just bought some tickets to the Sabres v. Blackhawks (in Chicago) game in Jan... And my 8 year old son actually wanted to sit in the 300/Upper level as high as possible...

When I ordered them, I was going to get 100 level tickets... I am glad I didn't spend the money and opted for the in between 200/Club level...

Again... IMO, kids like to sit up high...

:sick:  Didn't click on this link initially... just did. Many chuckles (looks like the president of the Tom Brady fan club)

872546[/snapback]

Help the local economy... There is a Wal-Mart, in Hamburg (not sure how that will help the local economy) down (going south west/west from the stadium) on SW Blvd at "seven corners"/20A and McKinley... A stone's throw from the Ralph!

;):lol: