Church Advice

plenzmd1

I am having an argument with my sister. I say going to church on Christmas Eve , 5.30 PM family mass this Sunday does double duty, takes care of your Sunday obligation as well as your Christmas obligations, a nice twofer , just not as neat as when Christmas is on a Sunday.

She says if ya only want to go Christmas eve, ya gotta go once in the Morning for your weekly obligation, and once that night for your holy day obligation. Shw asks why would they have a the regular services in the morning AND the additional services that evening if they were both not required?

Any catholic scholars that can tell me my eternal fate if I knock out both obligations with a 5.30 PM mass Sunday night? BTW, will watching the Bills game via TIVO after the service.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having an argument with my sister. I say going to church on Christmas Eve , 5.30 PM family mass this Sunday does double duty, takes care of your Sunday obligation as well as your Christmas obligations, a nice twofer , just not as neat as when Christmas is on a Sunday.

She says if ya only want to go Christmas eve, ya gotta go once in the Morning for your weekly obligation, and once that night for your holy day obligation. Shw asks why would they have a the regular services in the morning AND the additional services that evening if they were both not required?

Any catholic scholars that can tell me my eternal fate if I knock out both obligations with a 5.30 PM mass Sunday night?  BTW, will watching the Bills game via TIVO after the service.

871726[/snapback]

biggest issue round here is finding a church that is having service on christmas morning seems the catholic churches in NC are getting like the protestants and having limited service on monday

nope sadly this is not a two-fer...seperate gospels.... :(:bag::angry:

Any catholic scholars that can tell me my eternal fate if I knock out both obligations with a 5.30 PM mass Sunday night?  BTW, will watching the Bills game via TIVO after the service.

871726[/snapback]

She's right, but the Catholic church is wrong.

A church should never "require" you to attend and guilt you if you don't/

871750[/snapback]

Attending mass is the basis for being Catholic, if you do not believe that how can you claim to be Catholic?

Man catholics are screwed.

871908[/snapback]

Why?

I look forward to attending mass.

And going twice this Sunday is no different.

I could never consider celebrating the birth of Christ as an inconvenience.

I wish the NFL had more respect for the Holy season, and chose to play the games Saturday.