Who gets into the PRO BOWL

BuffBills#1

Aaron Schobel: leads league with 13 1/2 sacks but the 4 guys behind him are only 1 or 1 1/2 behind him and all are in the AFC.

Lee Evans: I believe he is the 4th in the AFC in yards and has 6 touchdowns. I'm starting to think he might get in. Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne are all locks, so that leaves 2 spots.

Nate Clements: Now that the Bills are winning some games I would expect Clements to find a way in.

Jason Peters: I know it's a long shot, but you never know.

London Fletcher: Every year this guy is deserving but he always gets the same thing. He'll probably end up being an alternate again.

Who do you guys think gets in and doesn't get in?

I'm thinking 2 out of these 3 will get in. (Evans, Schobel, Clements)

Aaron Schobel:  leads league with 13 1/2 sacks but the 4 guys behind him are only 1 or 1 1/2 behind him and all are in the AFC. 

Lee Evans:  I believe he is the 4th in the AFC in yards and has 6 touchdowns.  I'm starting to think he might get in.  Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne are all locks, so that leaves 2 spots. 

Nate Clements:  Now that the Bills are winning some games I would expect Clements to find a way in.

Jason Peters:  I know it's a long shot, but you never know. 

London Fletcher:  Every year this guy is deserving but he always gets the same thing.  He'll probably end up being an alternate again.

I'm thinking 2 out of these 3 will get in.  (Evans, Schobel, Clements)

871609[/snapback]

How dare you forget his greatness... #8?

Aaron Schobel:  leads league with 13 1/2 sacks but the 4 guys behind him are only 1 or 1 1/2 behind him and all are in the AFC. 

Lee Evans:  I believe he is the 4th in the AFC in yards and has 6 touchdowns.  I'm starting to think he might get in.  Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne are all locks, so that leaves 2 spots. 

Nate Clements:  Now that the Bills are winning some games I would expect Clements to find a way in.

Jason Peters:  I know it's a long shot, but you never know. 

London Fletcher:  Every year this guy is deserving but he always gets the same thing.  He'll probably end up being an alternate again.

I'm thinking 2 out of these 3 will get in.  (Evans, Schobel, Clements)

871609[/snapback]

Schobel and Moorman should be locks. Unfortunately, I think Evans and Fletcher have too much competition. Peters doesn't have the rep yet but will be fixture for years if he keeps progressing. Clements may sneak in on rep but that simply means more $$$ to sign him. :(

871609[/snapback]

I think Evans is a long shot with Andre Johnson and Coles lurking.

They'll probably vote Clements in just to drive his price higher.

I hope Fletcher gets in, if not purely for his play, than for some type of lifetime achievement recognition.

And I'll throw this one out there. Last year, six QBs made it because a lot didn't want to play. I couldn't believe McNair was a Pro Bowler. How far down the list could JP be? Out of current starting AFC QBs, Losman is fourth in rating

I was talking about FOOTBALL players, and Moorman is just a punter. Evans should get the nod over A. Johnson considering he has dropped off big time the last month of the season, and he plays for a terrible team. I think out of Evans, Coles, and Walker, 2 will get in.

I was talking about FOOTBALL players, and Moorman is just a punter.  Evans should get the nod over A. Johnson considering he has dropped off big time the last month of the season, and he plays for a terrible team.  I think out of Evans, Coles, and Walker, 2 will get in.

871699[/snapback]

Punters/Kickers ARE football players. People sure love to say they are NOT football players up to the point when they need them to make a game winning field or pin the opponent back deep, and all-of-sudden they are hero's.

I was talking about FOOTBALL players, and Moorman is just a punter. 

871699[/snapback]

You can't be serious. The guy was our MVP last year. He is a big reason our special teams is so great. 3-time state champion in track and he finished third in the NFL skills obstacle course against your so called "football players." He's not just a punter, he is redefining the punting position baby.

You can't be serious. The guy was our MVP last year. He is a big reason our special teams is so great. 3-time state champion in track and he finished third in the NFL skills obstacle course against your so called "football players." He's not just a punter, he is redefining the punting position baby.

871707[/snapback]

Plus, he's a rock solid holder for Lindell.

871699[/snapback]

So...what sport does Moorman play? I'm confused.

Anyway, I think Schobel and Moorman will be starting. Clements is a possibility as a starter, but he should at least make the team.

It's been a crazy season, so I figure it's not too unreasonable to think that somehow, someway Fletcher and Peters both make the squad (if only as reserves) as they deserve to.

At WR, you have C. Johnson and A. Johnson along with Coles, Harrison, and Wayne. After that it could be anybody so I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see Evans get in. He's right there statistically. I know he was banged up the last few weeks, but don't be shocked if Hines Ward gets a vote or two.

If Evans doesn't get in, it is a travesty. The numbers he put up with the Bills inept passing game the first half of the season make them all the more impressive. Think of the numbers he would have put up in Indy. He changes the game like few others can. He should be 3rd behind Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison.

871699[/snapback]

A big name in football (I think it might have been Bill Walsh) once said that punter is the most important player.

The good ones add a bunch of yards during the game for the opposition to overcome.

In the HOU game, the Texan's punter was getting very high hang times - on the order of 5 seconds. But was only getting 35 yards or so. Great if you are punting from the 50. But when HOU had to punt around the 2 minute warning, the Bills got nice field position that resulted in the Price catch for the win.

Moorman pushes the opposition back, and while I don't know for sure, I don't think the Bills have been unduly hit with a bunch of good returns against them.

Then there was Ray Guy... what a vital part of those powerful Madden Raiders clubs.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

"Guy was a key member of three Super Bowl-winning Raiders teams: (Super Bowls XI, XV, and XVIII. Arguably, his best performance was in Super Bowl XVIII against the Washington Redskins. When the Raiders offense faltered just outside the range of placekicker Chris Bahr, Guy, known for his power, showed a great deal of finesse by booting a 27-yard punt that pinned the Washington Redskins on their own 12-yard line late in the first half. On the very next play, the Raiders' Jack Squirek intercepted Washington quarterback Joe Theismann and returned it for a touchdown that gave them a 21-3 halftime lead. The Raiders would eventually win 38-9.

Ray Guy had a superb game:

* 7 punts for 299 total yards

* 244 net yards

* 34.8 yard net average

* 5 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line".