rooting for the dolphins today

/dev/null

At least the Dolphins beat us straight up. How many games have been given to the Patriots by the refs over the years? Even before they became the league pretty boys.

RunTheBall

63428[/snapback]

You must not have been watching football in the 70's,

Shula wrote the book on how to cheat through the refs.

Nothing short of a Bills Super Bowl victory would be sweeter

than seeing the Felons have a perfect 0-16 season.

Could go side-by-side with their tainted 1972 record.

Can't say I remember many games from the 70s because I was so young, but I understand we had some pretty horrible teams during that decade that wouldn't need any referee help to lose games. I didn't realize Shula had the refs bought. What I've seen so often is good Buffalo teams being victimized by bad calls over the years, and no team has benefited from them as much as NE. That's what will make winning so satisfying, is will be overcoming the other team and the refs. As I type this, I see NE is the beneficiary of another bullcrap call.

RunTheBall

"Meteorite games"?  Stole my bit...  :D

When's the last time we had two on at the same time, though?  Fins-Pats on one station, Giants-Cowboys on another...

63433[/snapback]

Was that you? I knew I got it from someone here, a few years back.

It just seemed so appropriate for this game..... :(

Can't say I remember many games from the 70s because I was so young, but I understand we had some pretty horrible teams during that decade that wouldn't need any referee help to lose games. I didn't realize Shula had the refs bought. What I've seen so often is good Buffalo teams being victimized by bad calls over the years, and no team has benefited from them as much as NE. That's what will make winning so satisfying, is will be overcoming the other team and the refs. As I type this, I see NE is the beneficiary of another bullcrap call.

RunTheBall

63438[/snapback]

I'd have to dig out Relentless to really break it down,

but during the 0-20 stretch, it seemed to me that

33% of the losses the Felons smacked us good

33% of the losses were close but legit, &

33% of the losses were tainted. (probably not really that high)

Shula was in charge of the Competition Committee

(not sure if that was the exact name, but it was something like that)

and, as a result, was directly involved with the head of officials.

Bottom line, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Miami.

RunTheBall

63438[/snapback]

Ask Pat Toomay. Bills recovered a fumble deep in Miami territory, refs ruled it a non-fumble, and tacked on a 15-yard penalty on Toomay for arguing the call.

I believe that was the first time Ralph got fined for blasting the refs. And after Carroll Rosenbloom (the Rams owner) agreed with Wilson and offered to pay some of Ralph's fine, Rozelle slapped him with a fine, too. And the NFL never did admit the ref blew the call.

i tihnk its easire for some of us younger guys/girls to root for miami today, cuz i for one was not around during the 70's, so while i still hate the fins, i didnt experience the 20 losses 1st hand...meanwhile i have had to deal with the patsies stevestojan ...so go fins today...

i tihnk its easire for some of us younger guys/girls to root for miami today, cuz i for one was not around during the 70's, so while i still hate the fins, i didnt experience the 20 losses 1st hand...meanwhile i have had to deal with the patsies stevestojan ...so go fins today...

63445[/snapback]

I remember the 0-70s all too well. That said, there are two reasons it's in Buffalo's interest for Miami to win today -and why I'm "pulling" for New England to lose:

1-->I think the Bills still have a chance to climb back into the race, and having New England take a loss would be helpful.

2-->I'd rather face the 'Phins on the road after a victory than after another loss. It'll be both team's 3rd consecutive divisional game, and I don't want them (Miami) to have the prospect of getting their first win, and getting it at home against a huge division rival, to provide extra motivation for them next week.

What a great catch by Chambers!  Wow...

CW

63464[/snapback]

I just sat down to watch it and caught the last few Miami offensive plays. Why is a WR kicking the PAT and kickoff? Injury during the game?