any clues the afc playoff outlook???

johnk

i figure bills will win, very dominant at home against miami as of late....

does anybody have any links... for AFC breakdown....

and yes i'm extremely bored....

I have new work from home job (S

UN microsystems) that has me home all day with dogs and cat...

SQUISH 'EM......

i figure bills will win, very dominant at home against miami as of late....

does anybody have any links... for AFC breakdown....

and yes i'm extremely bored....

I have new work from home job (S

UN microsystems) that has me home all day with dogs and cat...

SQUISH 'EM......

866596[/snapback]

It would be nice if Jax lost @ Tenn (possibility) & Cincy lost @ Indy (real good possibility)... If we take care of business next week could be REAL interesting!!!

From a thread on BB.com; credit goes to circle_the_wagons67:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1412463.aspx

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHO TO ROOT FOR NEXT WEEK...

chronological order

Jacksonville (8-5) @ TENNESSE (1:00) - J-ville also has to go 1-2 to finish out. They face the Pats at home and then go to arrowhead to close out the season after next week. We really need them to go ahead and lose thier first one next week. It is virtually a must lose for a Bills playoff scenario, keep reading.

Denver (7-6) @ ARIZONA (4:15pm) -this is probably the most important game out of many that we need help with. We do not hold a tiebreaker with Denver so we need them to go 1-2 in the last three also. After this they face Cinci and San Fran at home. I dont see them losing to San Fran.

Kansas City (7-6) @ SAN DIEGO (8:15) - We only need KC to lose one more but this is big too, here is why. They finish @ Oakland and hosting Jacksonville. Thats a little overlap in what we need. So if they pull out an upset here then we are hoping for them to lose to Oakland, because the only other scenario for a Bills playoff birth would involve KC getting beat at home by a Jacksonville team already eliminated from the playoffs.

Cincinatti (8-5) @ Indy - We actually dont care about this game because Cinci would have to lose out for us to jump them and that isnt happening. Besides we need them to beat Denver in week 16. So they can go ahead and roll. Bill/Bengals AFC wildcard.

Miami @ THE BILLS!!!! just in case you forgot, this is the most important game!

So now you know who to root for. The Jags, Broncos and Chiefs are the only (haha, only) teams we need to lose. We dont care at all about the Jets this week. Next week against Miami will decide our ability to jump them regardless of how they fare in Minnesota. (because if they lose to Minnesota and beat Miami, they hold a tiebreaker unless they lose to Oakland week 17, if they win in Minn. and lose to Miami then we hold a tiebreaker and if they lose to both then of course we have a better record)

So anyways, this playoff scenario is real homeristic but its fun. If Jacksonville, Denver and Kansas City lose next week and the Bills win...our chances get very good to get in. Then next week we will need the Pats over the Jags, Cinci over Denver and Miami over the Jets. If we get ALL that and win against Tennesse our fate is in our own hands in week 17 facing Baltimore.

But if just one of these games doesnt play out like we need it too, our chances will be very very remote. Like even more remote than they already are.

GO BILLS!!

The one team that worries me at the moment is Denver. I figure they're too good of a team to keep losing so many consecutive games, despite how their QB is playing.

Jax & KC don't bother me so much, since we have the tiebreaker over Jax and KC has a tough finishing schedule.

The Bills know this...but take care of your own business first!

The one team that worries me at the moment is Denver. I figure they're too good of a team to keep losing so many consecutive games, despite how their QB is playing.

866653[/snapback]

Denver has lived off defensive successes for most of this year. Plummer needed to do enough to not lose and let the defense cover his ass. However, the defense has not been playing well of late, and offensively they are not a come-from-behind team, especially with opposing defenses teeing up and going after Cutler. I would not be surprised to see them get upset in Arizona this weekend.

From a thread on BB.com; credit goes to circle_the_wagons67:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1412463.aspx

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHO TO ROOT FOR NEXT WEEK...

chronological order

Jacksonville (8-5) @ TENNESSE (1:00) - J-ville also has to go 1-2 to finish out. They face the Pats at home and then go to arrowhead to close out the season after next week. We really need them to go ahead and lose thier first one next week. It is virtually a must lose for a Bills playoff scenario, keep reading.

Denver (7-6) @ ARIZONA (4:15pm) -this is probably the most important game out of many that we need help with. We do not hold a tiebreaker with Denver so we need them to go 1-2 in the last three also. After this they face Cinci and San Fran at home. I dont see them losing to San Fran.

Kansas City (7-6) @ SAN DIEGO (8:15) - We only need KC to lose one more but this is big too, here is why. They finish @ Oakland and hosting Jacksonville. Thats a little overlap in what we need. So if they pull out an upset here then we are hoping for them to lose to Oakland, because the only other scenario for a Bills playoff birth would involve KC getting beat at home by a Jacksonville team already eliminated from the playoffs.

Cincinatti (8-5) @ Indy - We actually dont care about this game because Cinci would have to lose out for us to jump them and that isnt happening. Besides we need them to beat Denver in week 16. So they can go ahead and roll. Bill/Bengals AFC wildcard.

Miami @ THE BILLS!!!! just in case you forgot, this is the most important game!

So now you know who to root for. The Jags, Broncos and Chiefs are the only (haha, only) teams we need to lose. We dont care at all about the Jets this week. Next week against Miami will decide our ability to jump them regardless of how they fare in Minnesota. (because if they lose to Minnesota and beat Miami, they hold a tiebreaker unless they lose to Oakland week 17, if they win in Minn. and lose to Miami then we hold a tiebreaker and if they lose to both then of course we have a better record)

So anyways, this playoff scenario is real homeristic but its fun. If Jacksonville, Denver and Kansas City lose next week and the Bills win...our chances get very good to get in. Then next week we will need the Pats over the Jags, Cinci over Denver and Miami over the Jets. If we get ALL that and win against Tennesse our fate is in our own hands in week 17 facing Baltimore.

But if just one of these games doesnt play out like we need it too, our chances will be very very remote. Like even more remote than they already are.

GO BILLS!!

866626[/snapback]

KC is pretty much out. I see them droping the rest of their games. Yes even to the raiders. It's a divisional game and those always seem to be tough. The chiefs looked lifeless outside of LJ against Baltimore. SD is looking to lay an ass whipping for comments Tamba Hali made earlier in the year calling the chargers soft. I expect KC to flatline the remaining 3 games.

On the surface it looks like the bengals have a good shot to be completely eliminated from the playoff picture. However they're catching indy/denver at the right time when they're both playing pretty bad football. Rudi has a legit shot to rush for 300 yards, but If Cincy drops those 2 games You know pitt will be dying to eliminate the bengals from post season play. Although for the time being I'll assume the bengals have the 5th seed virtually locked up.

Jay Cutler is a talented rookie. With that said. Jay Cutler has been awful. The Broncos defense has also not fared too well, making denvers run game virtually useless putting the game into Cutlers hands. They dont have an easy of a remaining schedule as it seems, as the cards do seem to play hard on ocassion anyway. I can see them losing to cincy and the 49ers. Frank Gore says Hello?!?!. The niners defense on occasion this season has also at times played pretty well. Out of the remaining teams though being what their reamining games are I think this is the team that stands in our way the most.

I won't use last week jags/colts game as an indication of what the jags are. I'm pretty sure I could suit up and run for a buck 30 vs the colts run d right now. The jags are also a different team on the road catching probably the hottest team in the nfl right now. They also have Ne and KC. Although like I said I'll assume KC will lose out so it all depends on the jags losing their next 2.

The Jets will play their remaining games tough @ min, @ mia on a monday night, oak at home to end the season. If they lose this week to the vikings I can see them being deflated against the fins. I think the 6th seed (assuming the bengals get 5th comes down to us handling our business and the jags and jets losing 2 of their next 3)

Jax & KC don't bother me so much, since we have the tiebreaker over Jax and KC has a tough finishing schedule.

The Bills know this...but take care of your own business first!

866653[/snapback]

Denver is done. They're D has been exposed and Culter looks like...well... a rookie (good call shanny) I have no doubt that Denver will lose at least 2 of their last 3.

Its a blast to be talking playoff scenarios this time of year, but all i want is for the Bills to win out, even if they miss the playoffs it will show huge improvement and bode well for the future of this team. And as an added bonus, if all the pieces do happen to fall into place we get to watch some playoff football, which is nice. Either way, playoffs or not, I really just want to see this team keep improving, especially JP and Peters (who i think has been a dominating force on the o-line. LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!

I won't use last week jags/colts game as an indication of what the jags are. I'm pretty sure I could suit up and run for a buck 30 vs the colts run d right now.  The jags are also a different team on the road catching probably the hottest team in the nfl right now.  They also have Ne and KC. Although like I said I'll assume KC will lose out so it all depends on the jags losing their next 2. 

Like many teams, the Jags have just been too inconsistent this year. I can very easily see them dropping the game @ Tennessee this week, yet coming back to beat New England the next week. We just don't know what team will show up.

The Jets will play their remaining games tough @ min, @ mia on a monday night, oak at home to end the season.  If they lose this week to the vikings I can see them being deflated against the fins.  I think the 6th seed (assuming the bengals get 5th comes down to us handling our business and the jags and jets losing 2 of their next 3)

Kansas City can easily throw a wrench into that plan by beating SD on Sunday night. I think it's unlikely, but a KC win really hurts us - again, presuming good things happen at The Ralph.

I think our best bet for the Jets to lose it is this weekend. I think they could go into Miami on Christmas Day and win if the Fins are out of the picture.

Still so much to worry about....and plenty of time left.