Bills/Dolphins

BradRiter

Well, I haven't wanted to say it because I still hate the Dolphins, but if this game does not sell out, the rivalry will officially be dead.

According to reports, there are still 7000 tickets remaining for this game. Those will be tough to sell in 2 weeks during the Christmas season.

The fact is, the Dolphins' games have always been among the first to sell out because of the rivalry. Granted, over the last few years neither team has been great, but everyone still bought tickets based on principle.

The debate has been ongoing for a while now whether it is still a great rivalry. Well, I think we may have our answer in less than 2 weeks. If this game does not sell out, the rivalry can be officially be declared DEAD. And that is a shame...............

I hope this means we can squeeze one more HD broadcast out of CBS this year.  Didn't make it so for the Jets game, but the Miami game is probably the last real possibility for HD this year.

857922[/snapback]

Since the only other 4:00 option is the stellar Denver-at-Arizona matchup, it might happen. Guessing the distaste for that game was the reason for the move to begin with...

Since the only other 4:00 option is the stellar Denver-at-Arizona matchup, it might happen. Guessing the distaste for that game was the reason for the move to begin with...

857948[/snapback]

Oh come-on now, what about De Luca?? Not to mention all other JP haters, both of the guys we woulda, shoulda, coulda , in the same game, one of them is bound to win the game.... :D

The debate has been ongoing for a while now whether it is still a great rivalry.  Well, I think we may have our answer in less than 2 weeks.  If this game does not sell out, the rivalry can be officially be declared DEAD.  And that is a shame...............

857876[/snapback]

Not sure I agree, sven. True, the Dolphins game was always one of the first to sell out. But if it doesn't, that means the rivalry is dead? If 72,000 people attend, the rivalry is alive and well, but if 'only' 65,000 attend, the rivalry is dead?

I firmly believe the Bills fans have been sold a boatload of hope for the past 5 years, and we bought into it hook, line, and sinker. Out of that hope came nothing but disappointment, followed by offseason moves that generated even more hope, and once again drove ticket sales, only to be let down yet again.

I think people are fed up of paying for a ticket and feeling disappointed, not only with the product on the field, but also the game experience as a whole. Losing makes unruly fans all the more obnoxious and harder to take. When we're winning, the drunks are festive. When we're losing, they're just...well, drunks. Couple that with a successful team in the Sabres, who actually perform and are so easy to get behind, and people seem to find other outlets for their expendable income. Namely, the HSBC Arena box office.

You know as well as I do that if the Bills were the real deal, these games would be sold out easily. The Patriots may have taken over the "most hated" by some fans, but like you, there's still something about Miami that burns me up. There were plenty of down years for the Skins-Cowboys or Eagles-Giants as well. The many years it takes to build a rivalry (see: 1970-79 for the Bills and 1988-96 for Miami) ensures that the rivalries will continue on, even through the down cycles.

857948[/snapback]

That's too bad - Denver hasn't had enough spotlight games this year. :D

857948[/snapback]

Believe it or not, CBS chose the Denver-Arizona game for their late HD broadcast. Screwed again :doh: Looks like 8 HD games in the 1st half of the season, none in the 2nd half. Oh well...next year they're supposed to deliver ALL their games in HD (or so I hear).